follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides

DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides For all DIYs.

View Poll Results: Which DIY do you want to see the most?
Oil temp AND oil cooler fitment 23 44.23%
Rear speaker upgrade 20 38.46%
Glove box light 9 17.31%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Old 03-14-2013, 09:51 PM   #15
Black Tire

Drives: Whiteout Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech View Post
Here is the document for the rear speaker upgrade. This is not for the faint hearted! It requires some cutting of your inside rear panels and some soldering, but in my opinion the effort is worth it. Plus you don't need to spend a fortune if you want some better sound. If you are an audio purest, into amps and sub woofers, then don't even bother looking because this is not for you.
Nice, thanks. I was going to eventually try to fit some 6.5" or 8" speakers back there, but this is so cheap I may do this sooner as my budget is currently promised to other areas of the car.

P.S. Zip file opened fine on my Mac running OS 10.8.

Black Tire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Black Tire For This Useful Post:
Tech (03-15-2013)
Old 03-15-2013, 11:33 AM   #16
Pacific

Drives: 5 Celica since 1978.Now a GT86
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sorry but confirm that Zip files cannot be opened either with Winrar4.11 or 7-zip under WinXP on two differents computers. Speaker file "File is corrupted" and Oil cooler "file is damaged or unknow format".I assume that is due to the compatibility of W7 as usual with crosoft. You will be so kind in posting directly the pdf files.Thank you, and sorry to disturb you.
Pacific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:21 AM   #17
Tech

Drives: White MT GT86 with TRD extras
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacific View Post
Sorry but confirm that Zip files cannot be opened either with Winrar4.11 or 7-zip under WinXP on two differents computers. Speaker file "File is corrupted" and Oil cooler "file is damaged or unknow format".I assume that is due to the compatibility of W7 as usual with crosoft. You will be so kind in posting directly the pdf files.Thank you, and sorry to disturb you.
That's ok. PM me your email address and i will send you pdfs. They exceed the pdf fil size onthis forum.
Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tech For This Useful Post:
Pacific (03-27-2013)
Old 03-24-2013, 09:12 PM   #18
lazyluka

Drives: GT86
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
@Tech

Could you please upload the Glove Box Light tutorial, I am starting to need this and I can't find it on the Facebook page.

Thanks
lazyluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:09 PM   #19
jwjknorr

Drives: FRS 2013
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I would love to see a diy for the read speakers, i replaced the front, and ran two amps one for the speakers one for a sub in the back. I have the rear speakers off at the headunit, but have been wanting to add new ones from my amp. Problem is the rms for even the best 3.5 speaker is no where near my polk audio fronts, and would sound bad. if i could get 6.5s back there i would be very happy.
jwjknorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:10 AM   #20
Tech

Drives: White MT GT86 with TRD extras
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjknorr View Post
I would love to see a diy for the read speakers, i replaced the front, and ran two amps one for the speakers one for a sub in the back. I have the rear speakers off at the headunit, but have been wanting to add new ones from my amp. Problem is the rms for even the best 3.5 speaker is no where near my polk audio fronts, and would sound bad. if i could get 6.5s back there i would be very happy.
I have posted my DIY for the rear speakers. They may not be suitable for you setup, but you could use it as a guide to install some 6.5" ones there with a bit more cutting. There is certainly enough room behind the panels to accomodate them.
Tech is offline   Reply With Quote