follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 08-31-2018, 08:37 PM   #1
evoto86

Drives: manual Toyota 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Custom Single Exit Exhaust thoughts

This one is for all you Exhaust Guru's I don't know much about resonators, mufflers etc etc

I recently picked up some UEL headers with an Overpipe for a good deal, planning to run it on the stock exhaust first and see how that sounds first, because I don't want anything to loud. Next door my neighbours kids rooms are right near my garage their windows look into my garage window, and I don't want to wake them up to the sound of a catless cold start every morning.

However I have always wanted to put a Single exit on this car in the almost 2 years of ownership, I had a Silvia so forgive. But all the aftermarket options are loud ASF. If I go to a Custom Exhaust shop and tell them to fab me up a single exit from the front pipe I want to know what to ask for. The main thing I don't want is a harsh cold start that sucks, I think with a good custom single exit and lowering the cold start with a tune I might be able to make it bearable
evoto86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 10:51 PM   #2
Strife26

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ Series.blue
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Look at the ultimate racing single exit exhaust. You can add a resonator and 7" sexy ass muffler. It is loud like the rest but this one is more mid 2000s wrx/sti loud imo. I also have a high flow cat to help quiet it down. I love the exhaust. I would only replace it for a dezod custom single exit (if it's sounds as good as their dual).

I know you're asking about custom but the ultimate racing is well worth the money imo. I think I paid 975 in total. I then bought their turbo kit too. Always happy to give them a shout out (not sponsored, just love the product).

Here is with the turbo and exhaust

Look around my channel and there some n/a clips if you're interested.

Sent from my HTC U11 life using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strife26 For This Useful Post:
evoto86 (09-01-2018), PuslarBrrrz (09-01-2018)
Old 09-01-2018, 08:48 AM   #3
evoto86

Drives: manual Toyota 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strife26 View Post
Look at the ultimate racing single exit exhaust. You can add a resonator and 7" sexy ass muffler. It is loud like the rest but this one is more mid 2000s wrx/sti loud imo. I also have a high flow cat to help quiet it down. I love the exhaust. I would only replace it for a dezod custom single exit (if it's sounds as good as their dual).

I know you're asking about custom but the ultimate racing is well worth the money imo. I think I paid 975 in total. I then bought their turbo kit too. Always happy to give them a shout out (not sponsored, just love the product).

Here is with the turbo and exhaust

Look around my channel and there some n/a clips if you're interested.

Nice almost exactly how I want it to sound just a tab quieter maybe. Ultimate racing is not really an option for me since I'm in Australia the exchange rate and shipping would be a killer easier to just go custom. So maybe a fat resonator with a large single muffler is the way to go.
evoto86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to evoto86 For This Useful Post:
Strife26 (09-01-2018)
Old 09-01-2018, 11:11 AM   #4
Strife26

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ Series.blue
Ah, damn. Didn't realize. Then yes I guess it's a good design to consider when getting yours done. I like it. I had an invidia knock off before and it was much louder. Now it's perfect or pretty close to perfect.

Old 09-01-2018, 11:20 AM   #5
SuperTom

Drives: C5 Corvette, '17 Toyota 86, Jeep XJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by evoto86 View Post
This one is for all you Exhaust Guru's I don't know much about resonators, mufflers etc etc

I recently picked up some UEL headers with an Overpipe for a good deal, planning to run it on the stock exhaust first and see how that sounds first, because I don't want anything to loud. Next door my neighbours kids rooms are right near my garage their windows look into my garage window, and I don't want to wake them up to the sound of a catless cold start every morning.

However I have always wanted to put a Single exit on this car in the almost 2 years of ownership, I had a Silvia so forgive. But all the aftermarket options are loud ASF. If I go to a Custom Exhaust shop and tell them to fab me up a single exit from the front pipe I want to know what to ask for. The main thing I don't want is a harsh cold start that sucks, I think with a good custom single exit and lowering the cold start with a tune I might be able to make it bearable

Yes tune is actually more important for those cold start and bad low end noises. Either the current OFT tune or an Ecutek tune will do both. I was able to go to a lighter freer flowing setup after a good tune and still be very civil.

I went from Gruppe-S UEL+OP, Invidia catted FP, HKS Legamax CB, OFT tune 4.03
TO ACE 350 Header, Hooker Catted FP, Borla CB. Ecutek Tune. About 15 lbs lighter than previous setup, smooth tone.

I do feel the OFT tune had a lower cold start noise than Ecutek but both are way better than stock

Im very interested in the Single Exit Titanium Tomei 60s. Would shave even more weight but I will save that for next year as I just did the new setup this summer
Old 09-01-2018, 02:39 PM   #6
xwd

Drives: 2013 DGM Subaru BRZ (Subie #9)
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Ah see you are in AU. I'm selling just the muffler section off the UR exhaust, would make a good starting point for something custom since it's just v-band.
xwd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to xwd For This Useful Post:
Strife26 (09-01-2018)
Old 09-01-2018, 06:42 PM   #7
RJasonKlein

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S 10 Series
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
@evoto86, I have a Blitz Nür Spec R stainless steel exhaust that I think may fit your requirements - it’s reasonably quiet, sounds great with my ACE 4-2-1 Type-A 350 equal length header, and is a lighter than most exhausts. Overall, it’s exceeded my expectations and I’m a pretty tough customer. Check out post numbers 8 and 9 in the following thread to read a little more about it and to see photos on and off my car:

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3042298
RJasonKlein is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RJasonKlein For This Useful Post:
YSoAggressive (07-06-2021)
Old 09-01-2018, 10:49 PM   #8
SuperTom

Drives: C5 Corvette, '17 Toyota 86, Jeep XJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJasonKlein View Post
@evoto86, I have a Blitz Nür Spec R stainless steel exhaust that I think may fit your requirements - it’s reasonably quiet, sounds great with my ACE 4-2-1 Type-A 350 equal length header, and is a lighter than most exhausts. Overall, it’s exceeded my expectations and I’m a pretty tough customer. Check out post numbers 8 and 9 in the following thread to read a little more about it and to see photos on and off my car:

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3042298
you look like bill murray
Old 09-02-2018, 12:05 AM   #9
RJasonKlein

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S 10 Series
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTom View Post
you look like bill murray
I just dont see the resemblance...
Attached Images