follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 01-21-2020, 09:34 AM   #1
haute

Drives: 37J
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[EMISSIONS] Enabling oxygen sensor monitor with Flex Fuel kit?

I have a FFK that uses the rear o2 plug. It's quite clear that my rear o2 sensor will never be ready because of this, but I saw on Facebook that someone also had a FFK that uses the rear o2 sensor as well but his tuner still made it so that his rear o2 sensor could show as 'ready'.

I asked my tuner about this and he said he cannot set it to ready because of the FFK. Anyone know how the guy was able to get his tuner to set it to ready..?

I don't know what else to ask my tuner as he already made it clear cut that he could not enable it.
haute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 10:45 AM   #2
tomm.brz

Drives: brz 2017 hksv2
Thanked 1,067 Times in 775 Posts
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
you have to hook the flex fuel kit to another input, instead of the rear o2
Available inputs are rear o2, cpc input, maf sensor (it requires the elimination of the maf sensor from the car and you have to setup a 100% speed density, and that s a shitty choice in a street car)
Use the cpc input in the ecu, tune-wise it is only a click and of course you must have ecutek
tomm.brz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tomm.brz For This Useful Post:
haute (01-22-2020)
Old 01-21-2020, 04:23 PM   #3
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
No tune systems im aware of fake readyness tests on brz\86

As above your options on ecutek for flex input are Rear 02 sensor or Evap pressire sensor or MAF sensor.

If you jave strict emmissins testing then using rear 02 or evap sensor inpits for flex sensor will result in either the evap or rear 02 not passing readyness test.

Your only option would be ise MAF sensor input ( you will need latest racerom 11.1) and switch to speed density air flow method to free up MAF sensor to use with flex. You will need to mak conbection to maf only amd leave the intake air temp sensor working as the maf and iat are intergrated in same sensot. IAT is requored for speed density

The other option would be to go back to petrol and remove flex connection replace rear 02 and get tuner to do temporary rune to pass emmssions test
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
haute (01-22-2020), tomm.brz (01-22-2020)
Old 01-22-2020, 08:17 AM   #4
Fred E

Drives: WRB BRZ
I have a flex fuel kit using the rear O2 sensor input as well as boost control through CPC/EVAP and all of my emissions monitors show up as ready. I think as long as the flex fuel programming in the tune is set up correctly, the monitor will show as ready. The expected range of the O2 sensor should be adjusted to cover the expected range of ethanol content, so you would never fail a range check and end up with an value out of range code.

If for whatever reason, it does not show up as ready for you a few hundred miles after flashing, you could ask for a secondary file without flex fuel and simply reconnect your OEM rear O2 sensor while running 100% pump gas.
Fred E is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fred E For This Useful Post:
haute (01-22-2020), tomm.brz (01-22-2020)
Old 01-22-2020, 09:21 AM   #5
haute

Drives: 37J
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred E View Post
I have a flex fuel kit using the rear O2 sensor input as well as boost control through CPC/EVAP and all of my emissions monitors show up as ready. I think as long as the flex fuel programming in the tune is set up correctly, the monitor will show as ready. The expected range of the O2 sensor should be adjusted to cover the expected range of ethanol content, so you would never fail a range check and end up with an value out of range code.

If for whatever reason, it does not show up as ready for you a few hundred miles after flashing, you could ask for a secondary file without flex fuel and simply reconnect your OEM rear O2 sensor while running 100% pump gas.

Wow, okay. Sounds like your tuner got you taken care of.

Not sure why mine isn't able to do that for me. Can you PM me your tuner? I'm going to switch tuners.
haute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 07:29 AM   #6
Fred E

Drives: WRB BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by haute View Post
Wow, okay. Sounds like your tuner got you taken care of.

Not sure why mine isn't able to do that for me. Can you PM me your tuner? I'm going to switch tuners.
I can post it here for the public to be aware of, but I have/had tunes from Moto-East/Xero Limit, CSG, Delicious Tuning, and HRI, and all of them have had the O2 emissions monitors ready.
Fred E is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fred E For This Useful Post:
Wally86 (05-17-2021)