follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides

DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides For all DIYs.

User Tag List

Old 01-01-2017, 06:58 PM   #85
why?
Only happy when it rains.

Drives: series.blue
Thanked 1,263 Times in 749 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnusX1 View Post
Well strange...on the CAE website you can find this anodised blue...but it's not named WRB.

I'm sure that means they can do it, I am also sure they can't advertise that specific name for copyright reasons.
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 02:05 PM   #86
TylerLieberman

Drives: '20 Hakone 86
Thanked 3,334 Times in 1,572 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
If this becomes available for the newer STIs, I might just do it lol.

The looks of it alone makes me want it. Even if it felt not different than stock haha
TylerLieberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 10:06 PM   #87
15limited

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Did any of you guys utilise the bottom plate that mounts from under the car, up to the CAE base? Factory bolts weren't long enough to go through the factory shift base, cae base and still have enough thread to get nuts on the bottom side of the plate. Having a hell of a time trying to get the cae rubber boot to stay on the base while on the car. Any help appreciated, thanks!

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk
Perrin Transmission Bolt, Drift Button,Intake Tube, Radiator Hoses, Engine Mounts, Gurney Flap Diode Dynamics Always On Module OLM 3k HID Foglights GCS Smoked Side Markers Motul Gear 300/300 V OE Acantara arm rest Password JDM Dry Carbon rear diffuser Rally Armour Mud flaps H.I.C side & rear visor Gruppe-S UEL header/OP HKS Front Pipe Leg Sport Cat Back Koyorad aluminum radiator Wheelhaus CF low pro 3rd brake light Toms JDM Clear Tail Lamps
15limited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 10:46 PM   #88
15limited

Anodized black and titanium silver knob

Perrin Transmission Bolt, Drift Button,Intake Tube, Radiator Hoses, Engine Mounts, Gurney Flap Diode Dynamics Always On Module OLM 3k HID Foglights GCS Smoked Side Markers Motul Gear 300/300 V OE Acantara arm rest Password JDM Dry Carbon rear diffuser Rally Armour Mud flaps H.I.C side & rear visor Gruppe-S UEL header/OP HKS Front Pipe Leg Sport Cat Back Koyorad aluminum radiator Wheelhaus CF low pro 3rd brake light Toms JDM Clear Tail Lamps
Old 06-05-2017, 08:47 PM   #89
tony-brz

Drives: '17 BRZ PP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I really want one of these. To those that have it can you please try to articulate the change in NVH ?

Last edited by tony-brz; 06-05-2017 at 08:50 PM. Reason: typo
tony-brz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 08:52 PM   #90
15limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony-brz View Post
I really want one of these. To those that have it can you please try to articulate the change NVH ?
It's a bit hard for me to tell besides a bit more tranny whine, you'll definitely hear it. I suspect it's partly from removing the oem rubber shift boot but by no means deafening. I actually noticed less vibration that the BPS Short throw I had before this.

Old 12-10-2017, 07:57 PM   #91
Surok
Wise old man

Drives: 86 GTS
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
are there any rattle issues like the IRP shifter with this?
Surok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 10:50 PM   #92
Surok
Wise old man

Drives: 86 GTS
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
would it be possible to rotate the nut at the end of the reverse cable to the side so that you do not need to hack the console apart?install a low profile nut, weld the cable etc.
Surok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 02:23 AM   #93
15limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surok View Post
are there any rattle issues like the IRP shifter with this?
None

The Following User Says Thank You to 15limited For This Useful Post:
Surok (12-26-2017)
Old 01-13-2018, 05:16 PM   #94
Anthony
Weight Nazi

Drives: 13 FRS -399lb, 11 335is, 05 Tiburon
Thanked 3,712 Times in 1,765 Posts
Mentioned: 150 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surok View Post
would it be possible to rotate the nut at the end of the reverse cable to the side so that you do not need to hack the console apart?install a low profile nut, weld the cable etc.
Not without extensive modifications.

Build Thread | The Venus Project | Any car which holds together for a whole race is too heavy.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony For This Useful Post:
Surok (01-14-2018)
Old 02-16-2018, 05:52 PM   #95
Kordless

Drives: '13 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Can anyone help out with getting the shifter to feel right?

I bought mine used and installed it on the car. How do you tune the centering spring properly? Also what does that 17mm nut on the back of the shifter do? I'm having trouble making 3-4 smooth and the centering function is just too tight.

Thanks,
Kordless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 06:18 PM   #96
15limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kordless View Post
Can anyone help out with getting the shifter to feel right?

I bought mine used and installed it on the car. How do you tune the centering spring properly? Also what does that 17mm nut on the back of the shifter do? I'm having trouble making 3-4 smooth and the centering function is just too tight.

Thanks,
I don't think there's adjustment for the spring, just small Allen head set screws to control left to right movement. Do you have mtec shift springs installed too? I do and it's not for the limp wristed shifts I usually throw. Try little dabs of lube in movements parts as tolerances are exceptionally tight and dirt/dust may hinder smooth shifts.

Also, I remember if you don't have the base mounted just right it can fight your shifts a little, I had to go back and forth between moving the base, tightening and rowing through the gears a few times. I believe upgraded trans and engine mounts are recommended too if you didn't do those.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to 15limited For This Useful Post:
why? (07-27-2019)
Old 02-18-2018, 02:15 AM   #97
Kordless

Drives: '13 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 15limited View Post
I don't think there's adjustment for the spring, just small Allen head set screws to control left to right movement. Do you have mtec shift springs installed too? I do and it's not for the limp wristed shifts I usually throw. Try little dabs of lube in movements parts as tolerances are exceptionally tight and dirt/dust may hinder smooth shifts.

Also, I remember if you don't have the base mounted just right it can fight your shifts a little, I had to go back and forth between moving the base, tightening and rowing through the gears a few times. I believe upgraded trans and engine mounts are recommended too if you didn't do those.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Yes I have the MTEC springs. I'll probably be taking those out.

Thank you!
Kordless is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cae ultra shifter