follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Xero Limit
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > Subaru BRZ > Subaru BRZ General Forum

Subaru BRZ General Forum All discussions about the Subaru BRZ coupe


User Tag List
Crosscharge, go_a_way1, MisterSheep, poudre

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-17-2017, 03:07 PM   #15611
johan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Drives: '14 981CS, '99 NB1
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,273
Thanks: 1,233
Thanked 1,189 Times in 627 Posts
Mentioned: 108 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineHead View Post
yes, here's a video

https://youtu.be/9I24BMMI-uU




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You might want to glue it into place.

If you get in an accident, that could come flying out and either hit you, or hit the airbag and damage it. In either event there would likely be damage to you that could have otherwise been easily mitigated.
johan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 03:17 PM   #15612
MachineHead
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Drives: BRZ Limited
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 34
Thanks: 3
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by johan View Post
You might want to glue it into place.



If you get in an accident, that could come flying out and either hit you, or hit the airbag and damage it. In either event there would likely be damage to you that could have otherwise been easily mitigated.


it is quite a tight fit and wont be flying out for any reason. it is also not in the way of the airbag what so ever.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MachineHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 12:15 AM   #15613
NMBRzer
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Drives: 2014 BRZ
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 40
Thanks: 2
Thanked 21 Times in 17 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineHead View Post
it is quite a tight fit and wont be flying out for any reason. it is also not in the way of the airbag what so ever.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not saying you need to glue it because I don't think it weighs enough to do damage but you under estimate the G forces of an accident. Even factory mounted things will come flying out in a substantial impact.
I was broadsided and as if in slow motion I saw all kinds of things flying around,
things like dome lights, cigarette lighters, phone charging cords (previously plugged in) , Altoids, etc......
NMBRzer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NMBRzer For This Useful Post:
bentleyboii (05-18-2017)
Old 05-18-2017, 12:52 AM   #15614
MachineHead
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Drives: BRZ Limited
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 34
Thanks: 3
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMBRzer View Post
I'm not saying you need to glue it because I don't think it weighs enough to do damage but you under estimate the G forces of an accident. Even factory mounted things will come flying out in a substantial impact.

I was broadsided and as if in slow motion I saw all kinds of things flying around,

things like dome lights, cigarette lighters, phone charging cords (previously plugged in) , Altoids, etc......


im sure a flying controller will be the least of my worries in such an event.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MachineHead is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MachineHead For This Useful Post:
bentleyboii (05-18-2017), BirdTRD (05-18-2017)
Old 05-18-2017, 04:34 PM   #15615
bentleyboii
Member
 
bentleyboii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 67
Thanks: 27
Thanked 16 Times in 11 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
New Taillights, Black Subaru and Brz Emblems And Shark Fin Antenna
Attached Images
  
bentleyboii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 07:15 PM   #15616
KiP40
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Location: Arizona
Posts: 20
Thanks: 8
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Is Always Angry View Post
Not today, but got my Ft86speedfactory V1 resonated catback installed. Sounds way better than that sucky track pipe that the last guy had on it...

But, more importantly and actually today, 700 mile road trip to the California coast! Lots of highway 1 and forest road goodness. Gave her a bath after the interstate and thrashed her on the curves. If I'm not in it (which I find every excuse to be), I can't stop looking at it and taking pictures of it!


On a scale 1-10 (1 being dead quiet, 10 being crazy loud), how loud is this exhaust? I am really contemplating biting the bullet on the V1. I have the Perrin Resonated and HKS Hi Power Carbon as the other alternatives I am considering. I daily drive my car and want something fun when I step on it but quiet when I'm cruising.
KiP40 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KiP40 For This Useful Post:
Is Always Angry (05-18-2017)
Old 05-18-2017, 08:35 PM   #15617
Is Always Angry
Member
 
Is Always Angry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Drives: Low and Slow
Location: Idaho
Posts: 94
Thanks: 80
Thanked 48 Times in 28 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiP40 View Post
On a scale 1-10 (1 being dead quiet, 10 being crazy loud), how loud is this exhaust? I am really contemplating biting the bullet on the V1. I have the Perrin Resonated and HKS Hi Power Carbon as the other alternatives I am considering. I daily drive my car and want something fun when I step on it but quiet when I'm cruising.
Cold start is honestly not much quieter than no muffler at all which is how I bought the car. Maybe a 6-7 on noise level as a % of the track pipe loud.

Freeway is silent unless I downshift a gear or two to pass someone who is annoying me.

Neighborhood driving is basically silent in 3rd and coming up to my apartment complex I don't feel bad about downshifting

WOT is maybe 4-6/10 vs the pipe. Sometimes I miss the track pipe's wide open scream but I do NOT miss the drone. It's much nicer as a daily now. I live on a busy road and have friends with very loud cars so I've never been a big fan of loud cars bugging everyone so I don't regret the decision at all. $1000 well spent.

I can maybe record some videos for you, how helpful I'll be depends on what you've got on it right now. Haven't heard toooo much of the stock car other than them passing me on the roads. If you're currently stock it's definitely louder all around all situations but I'd venture to guess not much louder (it at all) than the TRD with those D shaped pipes... if you've had a chance to hear and compare that one.

What really made me pick it over the Perrin was some of the cool little gurgles it makes if you gently rev it or sometimes between 1-2-3 if you're driving hard. It makes me giggle every time. Later tonight I can link you videos of that which were very useful for me.

I think my only complaints are: when the muffler shop got it mounted on the car but not tightened down each tailpipe was a bit off. You could definitely tell while it was on the stand. Once they tightened everything up both are a little (tiny bit) off to one side but it's so low and fills enough space you can't tell anyway. They also mentioned that the bolts that came were not quite long enough for what they were supposed to do but hell my exhaust hasn't fallen off yet so whatever they did worked.
Also like I said very rarely I miss the noise level.

All in all if you like loud cars this is not for you. I like something a little understated so it was the right purchase for me. Hope I could be of help.... if you have any more questions I'll be around for another week or so before I'm away from internet for 6 weeks.
Is Always Angry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Is Always Angry For This Useful Post:
KiP40 (05-18-2017)
Old 05-18-2017, 08:52 PM   #15618
KiP40
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Location: Arizona
Posts: 20
Thanks: 8
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Is Always Angry View Post
Cold start is honestly not much quieter than no muffler at all which is how I bought the car. Maybe a 6-7 on noise level as a % of the track pipe loud.

Freeway is silent unless I downshift a gear or two to pass someone who is annoying me.

Neighborhood driving is basically silent in 3rd and coming up to my apartment complex I don't feel bad about downshifting

WOT is maybe 4-6/10 vs the pipe. Sometimes I miss the track pipe's wide open scream but I do NOT miss the drone. It's much nicer as a daily now. I live on a busy road and have friends with very loud cars so I've never been a big fan of loud cars bugging everyone so I don't regret the decision at all. $1000 well spent.

I can maybe record some videos for you, how helpful I'll be depends on what you've got on it right now. Haven't heard toooo much of the stock car other than them passing me on the roads. If you're currently stock it's definitely louder all around all situations but I'd venture to guess not much louder (it at all) than the TRD with those D shaped pipes... if you've had a chance to hear and compare that one.

What really made me pick it over the Perrin was some of the cool little gurgles it makes if you gently rev it or sometimes between 1-2-3 if you're driving hard. It makes me giggle every time. Later tonight I can link you videos of that which were very useful for me.

I think my only complaints are: when the muffler shop got it mounted on the car but not tightened down each tailpipe was a bit off. You could definitely tell while it was on the stand. Once they tightened everything up both are a little (tiny bit) off to one side but it's so low and fills enough space you can't tell anyway. They also mentioned that the bolts that came were not quite long enough for what they were supposed to do but hell my exhaust hasn't fallen off yet so whatever they did worked.
Also like I said very rarely I miss the noise level.

All in all if you like loud cars this is not for you. I like something a little understated so it was the right purchase for me. Hope I could be of help.... if you have any more questions I'll be around for another week or so before I'm away from internet for 6 weeks.

Awesome, your input is extremely helpful. I tend to be very calculated when purchasing anything especially something that I will essentially use on a daily basis. As of right now my car is basically stock, the only planned "performance upgrades" down the line are the headers and the cat back exhaust but that is about it.
KiP40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 12:55 AM   #15619
Is Always Angry
Member
 
Is Always Angry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Drives: Low and Slow
Location: Idaho
Posts: 94
Thanks: 80
Thanked 48 Times in 28 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiP40 View Post
Awesome, your input is extremely helpful. I tend to be very calculated when purchasing anything especially something that I will essentially use on a daily basis. As of right now my car is basically stock, the only planned "performance upgrades" down the line are the headers and the cat back exhaust but that is about it.
Glad I could help. Maybe look into what happens when you add headers to the exhausts too....Ft86speedfactory has videos on their site of the v1 with and without headers so you can hear them both. My car has stock everything minus the cat back right now so sounds identical to the one they showcase w/o headers. Good luck with your purchase!
Is Always Angry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Is Always Angry For This Useful Post:
KiP40 (05-19-2017)
Old 05-19-2017, 01:59 PM   #15620
brz07
Junior Member
 
brz07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Drives: '17 BRZ
Location: Istanbul
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 14 Times in 6 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Turned it into a race car
Attached Images
 
__________________
When you feel like life is passing you by, downshift.
instagram.com/brz.07/
brz07 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to brz07 For This Useful Post:
tacos (05-19-2017)
Old 05-19-2017, 04:09 PM   #15621
JMon85
Senior Member
 
JMon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Drives: 2019 WRX
Location: USA
Posts: 131
Thanks: 419
Thanked 40 Times in 33 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cosworth drop-in filter & WeatherTech floor mats.
JMon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 07:18 PM   #15622
NMBRzer
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Drives: 2014 BRZ
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 40
Thanks: 2
Thanked 21 Times in 17 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Installed strut brace.
Attached Images
 
NMBRzer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NMBRzer For This Useful Post:
Yoshoobaroo (05-20-2017)
Old 05-20-2017, 09:32 AM   #15623
Yoshoobaroo
Torque BuffaloChicken Dip
 
Yoshoobaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Drives: 2013 BRZ
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,441
Thanks: 686
Thanked 1,021 Times in 566 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMBRzer View Post
Installed strut brace.


Sweet! I've been looking at the Hotchkis brace for a while. Does the sticker come off?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yoshoobaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 12:21 PM   #15624
shiumai
Senior Member
 
shiumai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ Limited
Location: SOCAL
Posts: 1,596
Thanks: 831
Thanked 1,680 Times in 690 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Installed an MPH carbon fiber vented hood:
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116268






shiumai is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shiumai For This Useful Post:
carsebuco (05-21-2017), JD001 (05-20-2017), new2subaru (05-20-2017), OrangeGuitar (05-20-2017), Teseo (05-20-2017), yberther (05-25-2017)
 
Reply

Tags
+20 hp, :popcorn:, bragging because we can, brz driving master race, brz whore, damn daniel, dirty frs peasants, fart can, how to waste energy, how to waste money, how to waste time, i like turtles, lazy mods, many tagz, omg pages are fixed…, outlawstar98isanoob, pages are fucked up, pages still fucked, ricers, riflewuzhere

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Saw My First FR-S Today Marrk Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 26 05-15-2013 12:40 PM
Got my new FR-S today. Boosted2.0 Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 51 06-03-2012 10:35 PM
Sat in a FRS today!! Ladnerd Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 12 04-30-2012 01:48 PM
Got my VIN today... Enemies Subaru BRZ General Forum 63 04-12-2012 10:19 PM
sat in a BRZ today NESW20 Subaru BRZ General Forum 8 03-31-2012 08:53 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.