follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 06-07-2019, 01:59 PM   #1
jRuN

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Flex Fuel - Lines & Fittings

Hello,

I picked up a Zeitronix ECA 2 flex fuel sensor and gauge. But unlike the flex fuel "kits" .. it doesn't come with the additional fuel lines and fittings to get it installed.

Can anyone here with a flex fuel kit and an understanding of the fittings/lines etc tell me exactly which fittings I need to order so that i can build the rest of the lines?

It seems like if i wanted to get AN fittings.. i would need some sort of quick release (stock fitting?) that can connect to an AN fitting that i would connect to one side of the sensor.. and then build out a few small sections that would then connect to the other side of the sensor and route back to the fuel rail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
jRuN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 02:20 PM   #2
Joesurf79

Drives: 2016 White Pearl BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
I recently ran into a similar thing with needing to plumb in a surge tank into the factory fuel basket / pump connections. Search JEGS or summit racing for 3/8" EFI fittings. You'll find the OEM like QR to AN fittings you are looking for.

I can only speak for the outlet of the pump basket but it was a perfect fit for 3/8" EFI fitting (verified with digital calipers).

So measure up the the hardline efi connection you are connecting to with some calipers, pick male or female, wait for UPS, and then rock the e85
Joesurf79 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Joesurf79 For This Useful Post:
Tristor (06-12-2019)
Old 06-07-2019, 02:54 PM   #3
jRuN

I basically need to build out something like either one of these setups.. the second setup looks like less parts needed.. but that fuel line and fitting that goes back to the fuel rail looks more custom than anything?

Old 06-07-2019, 06:13 PM   #4
Grady

Drives: BRZ Yellow, 2019 Ranger, 2011 Evora
Thanked 1,475 Times in 771 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Just remember hoses for AN lines are generally buna rubber. That rubber is not ethanol compatible. You will need to change those lines out every couple of years.
Grady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 07:53 AM   #5
Yoshoobaroo
TRACKBREAD

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,895 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jRuN View Post

This setup looks so much better than the usual zip tie strapped ghettoness. Who makes this kit?
Yoshoobaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 11:48 PM   #6
jRuN

I believe it was listed as from Visconti Tuning

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to jRuN For This Useful Post:
Yoshoobaroo (06-09-2019)
Old 06-09-2019, 12:35 PM   #7
Xero-Limit

Drives: JDL Turbo FRS, 335SC BRZ (ret)
Thanked 1,547 Times in 525 Posts
Mentioned: 380 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jRuN View Post
Hello,

I picked up a Zeitronix ECA 2 flex fuel sensor and gauge. But unlike the flex fuel "kits" .. it doesn't come with the additional fuel lines and fittings to get it installed.

Can anyone here with a flex fuel kit and an understanding of the fittings/lines etc tell me exactly which fittings I need to order so that i can build the rest of the lines?

It seems like if i wanted to get AN fittings.. i would need some sort of quick release (stock fitting?) that can connect to an AN fitting that i would connect to one side of the sensor.. and then build out a few small sections that would then connect to the other side of the sensor and route back to the fuel rail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
We sell the line only kits for 250, you'll need an input harness as well if piecing your own setup. The rear o2 we do for 50, the evap patch harness is 150.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grady View Post
Just remember hoses for AN lines are generally buna rubber. That rubber is not ethanol compatible. You will need to change those lines out every couple of years.
We use CPE lined hoses which are ethanol compatible. These have showed zero issues over the 5+ years we have been making them now, millions of miles between all the owners. Our own car had 50k miles and showed zero issues when pulled off, we cut the hose down to check the cross section and it was like new. Unfortunately someone spread this misinformation years ago when they released a competing flex fuel kit, it just isn't true. While PTFE will last longer, we're talking about 15 years versus 50 years, at which point you'll have a lot more to worry about.
Xero-Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Xero-Limit For This Useful Post:
Grady (06-09-2019)
Old 06-09-2019, 03:39 PM   #8
Grady

Drives: BRZ Yellow, 2019 Ranger, 2011 Evora
Thanked 1,475 Times in 771 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero-Limit View Post
We use CPE lined hoses which are ethanol compatible. These have showed zero issues over the 5+ years we have been making them now, millions of miles between all the owners. Our own car had 50k miles and showed zero issues when pulled off, we cut the hose down to check the cross section and it was like new. Unfortunately someone spread this misinformation years ago when they released a competing flex fuel kit, it just isn't true. While PTFE will last longer, we're talking about 15 years versus 50 years, at which point you'll have a lot more to worry about.
Good call on the hoses!
Grady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 03:58 PM   #9
KingJon1991

Drives: scion frs 2015
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
the an fitting that go on the flex fuel line is 3/8 quick connent (2) -6 an and you will need (3) 90 degree -6 and (1) 45 degree -6 and -6 hoses (1) 5/16 quick connent (1) 5/16 fuel rail fitting
KingJon1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KingJon1991 For This Useful Post:
jRuN (06-09-2019), Tristor (06-12-2019)