follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 11-01-2018, 12:54 AM   #85
geraldjust

Drives: MR2, Sliver BRZ
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap63 View Post
@geraldjust

Hi mate, I am now still searching tS JDM cluster MY'17 (I get the MY'13 one and I paired with no issue as it was new from Japanparts.), can you give me directions about wiring? (colours from car cluster main harness), which one in PIN 1 and so on, thanks mate.
I know that in US is sold this item but I need only KMS range and not MPH.
hmm for pinout check the first post. It will be pin 23, 26, 29. The number of pins will be based on the pinout of the wiring diagram. I will have a video on installation soon.

@Dawan

Thats what i think. But their are some people who have automatic cars.. so that button is not available.
Trap63 (11-01-2018)
Old 11-05-2018, 05:37 PM   #86
racer1600

Drives: 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
A video would be great geraldjust. I really like what you are doing with this. I am hoping I can tackle the swap on my turn key manual 2013 FRS. I will be buying a toggle from you if it is possible once I can source a cluster and find clear instruction on how to reprogram the ODO and cluster.
racer1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 12:02 AM   #87
CkOne

Drives: FR-S RS 1.0 #1037/1500
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Im so glad I found this thread. I've been super interested in doing this swap but this stuff is out of my realm of knowledge lol
CkOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 12:24 AM   #88
geraldjust

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer1600 View Post
A video would be great geraldjust. I really like what you are doing with this. I am hoping I can tackle the swap on my turn key manual 2013 FRS. I will be buying a toggle from you if it is possible once I can source a cluster and find clear instruction on how to reprogram the ODO and cluster.
Il have a video up soon.

And sure! il have a couple ready. The only issue is that although the button is 3D printed. You will have to sand it down a bit and paint it whatever color you want.
AS for ODO. If you want to do it yourself get yourself a EEPROM reader. And to bind it to the BCM, you need a dealer or Techstream. Like i said i might offer it as a service here in the states for Correction.

@CkOne
No prob! Its pritty interesting stuff.
Old 11-08-2018, 12:44 AM   #89
racer1600

Awesome I am looking forward to it!!!The finish work on your button won't be a problem. Let me know if you decide to offer reprogramming and I will gladly pay for it, I think the hard part will be sourcing a new cluster.

Thanks for the reply! Keep up the good work.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-2018, 03:11 AM   #90
geraldjust

Quote:
Awesome I am looking forward to it!!!The finish work on your button won't be a problem. Let me know if you decide to offer reprogramming and I will gladly pay for it, I think the hard part will be sourcing a new cluster.

Thanks for the reply! Keep up the good work.

Hey! Well mostly have the button stuff working. Just thinking if i still use the 3d printed plastics. But people will have to sand it down and paint it if they want a different color. Il have it as a service yes.

ALSO! Recently someone wanted me to correct their cluster too. And i had to read the EEPROM. And after some test. It seems the EEPROM also has the setting of what "logo" the cluster will display. SO! means the cluster has the animation for both the BRZ and gt86. Just a matter of reprogramming the EEPROM!
I will be testing to see if I can unlock the GR portion or the STI logo too.(if its there)
CkOne (11-25-2018), DustinS (11-26-2018), STI-ish (12-02-2018)
Old 11-27-2018, 03:56 PM   #91
geraldjust

Hey guys! So its confirmed! the cluster have the animations for both cars. Now its a question of if it also has the sti version and the GR version built in.
Also! noticed some minor stuff between the two clusters.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StittjYUVZw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StittjYUVZw[/ame]

Also, though some person suggested to add the buttons for the controller in the blank plastic were the key would go in a turn key car.

Any thoughts? this might be the easiest way to retrofit without cutting plastics or messing around with snaking wires. etc..
CkOne (12-03-2018), derpz86 (01-24-2019), DustinS (11-27-2018)
Old 11-27-2018, 04:31 PM   #92
racer1600

Cool updates! I like that the GT86 stores the max Gs so it can viewed after the high G events instead of during. Did you make any progress on programming the ODO and security for the 2013 FRS with a normal Key?

That blank plate is a nice spot to keep a clean look! I think I would like it there if that is the style car I had.

Good work!!!

Old 11-27-2018, 04:45 PM   #93
geraldjust

Quote:
Cool updates! I like that the GT86 stores the max Gs so it can viewed after the high G events instead of during. Did you make any progress on programming the ODO and security for the 2013 FRS with a normal Key?

That blank plate is a nice spot to keep a clean look! I think I would like it there if that is the style car I had.

Good work!!!

Me too. Although i love the BRZ animation lol. but missing that second G meter.

YEAH for ODO pretty easy i know how to program it. And il have it as a service.

For turn key cars.. not sure... since i dont have a turn key car i cant confirm. But apparently some people here say they can be programmed to the car though techstream. and if they cant then usually the dealer is a way to go about this.

Yeah i think i will offer multiple spots for people. Then they can decide were to install the buttons.
Old 11-27-2018, 05:27 PM   #94
racer1600

Well since it seems everything is in order. I guess I will have to find me a cluster. I feel that will be the hard part. Good work so far! Pretty stoked if I can make this work on my car.

Old 11-28-2018, 08:28 PM   #95
geraldjust

Quote:
Well since it seems everything is in order. I guess I will have to find me a cluster. I feel that will be the hard part. Good work so far! Pretty stoked if I can make this work on my car.

Thats good! Another thing discovered about the BRZ version of the cluster is that when your standing still. you can see your max Gmeter. But as soon as you drive. That screen disappears...

So you lose that too on the BRZ when driving. Font on the speedo is smaller.

OH! and on the gt86 you get a bar graph for both the oil and water temp with a linear with clear numbers. So you know almost the exact number.
On the BRZ the oil temp is a weird like a bar somewhat in the middle and a line on the top and bottom.
DustinS (11-29-2018)
Old 11-29-2018, 06:10 AM   #96
Dawan
Le Ingenieur

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ Aozora
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

Look for facelifted wrecks at local junkyards, that’s how I procured mine. With the amount of wannabe DKs shouldn’t be hard to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dawan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 01:07 PM   #97
geraldjust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawan View Post
With the amount of wannabe DKs shouldn’t be hard to find.
LOL this made me chuckle a little. Had to get mine from a junkyard in LA. wasn't too bad. But they are a bit more rare to fin on junkyards compared to pre 2017 ones.
Old 11-30-2018, 01:31 PM   #98
racer1600

What junkyard did you find it at? I am in so cal as well, I always go to LKQ but they never have newer cars like the FRS. I searched their page yesterday also.