follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 12-31-2014, 12:12 AM   #15
Chad86
DrivinginDreams...Cloud86

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Question

I am currently researching my supercharger options up in Canada. I was first leaning toward the Kraftwerks kit, but the Jackson Racing kit looks even better. Any further insights would be appreciated. Not sure on the difficulty of installing these kits, but I would probably be looking for an e-tune solution. Since I am not a mechanic, is the best option to get a shop to install, or is it basic plug and play following the directions Advice appreciated, thanks!
Chad86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 01:43 AM   #16
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,177 Times in 6,835 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad86 View Post
I am currently researching my supercharger options up in Canada. I was first leaning toward the Kraftwerks kit, but the Jackson Racing kit looks even better. Any further insights would be appreciated. Not sure on the difficulty of installing these kits, but I would probably be looking for an e-tune solution. Since I am not a mechanic, is the best option to get a shop to install, or is it basic plug and play following the directions Advice appreciated, thanks!
Read the instructions several times, allot an entire weekend, and you'll be just fine.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
Chad86 (12-31-2014)
Old 12-31-2014, 09:48 AM   #17
fasteddy

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Bump for feedback on flash-n-go tunes please
fasteddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 11:36 AM   #18
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Drives: Edelbrock Equipped - Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,682 Times in 581 Posts
Mentioned: 403 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddy View Post
Yup, two separate tunes at about the same cost. The main reason I am leaning towards the Delicious tune is the ability to add other mods in the future and the race rom features.

The carb tune is locked down and cannot be changed. The Delicious tune can be changed (only by them) if you add other parts such as a header.

Still looking for feedback from someone that has this setup..........

Pat
Pat,

Too bad you are not closer, we have a coupe customers local to us that I am sure would offer you a drive.

Also note that with our Flash & Go tunes starting in mid-late 2015 we will be adding some features through our FlexFuel/PowerPlug system that will give the end user the ability to tweak their tunes, including how aggressive traction control is, slight timing and fueling adjustments and boost control for those with turbo applications.

We have a couple prototypes going out for the full featured version starting early 2015.

Basically the Flash & Go tunes allow you to upgrade the tune with many options, including FlexFuel, and further end user control based on our tune. A lot more coming in 2015 on this.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
DeliciousTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 11:56 AM   #19
fasteddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousTuning View Post
Pat,

Too bad you are not closer, we have a coupe customers local to us that I am sure would offer you a drive.

Also note that with our Flash & Go tunes starting in mid-late 2015 we will be adding some features through our FlexFuel/PowerPlug system that will give the end user the ability to tweak their tunes, including how aggressive traction control is, slight timing and fueling adjustments and boost control for those with turbo applications.

We have a couple prototypes going out for the full featured version starting early 2015.

Basically the Flash & Go tunes allow you to upgrade the tune with many options, including FlexFuel, and further end user control based on our tune. A lot more coming in 2015 on this.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
I do wish I was near you guys, I would love a ride in one of your cars.

Have you gotten feedback from northern users since you fixed the cold temp issues?

Pat
Old 12-31-2014, 12:06 PM   #20
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Quote:
I do wish I was near you guys, I would love a ride in one of your cars.

Have you gotten feedback from northern users since you fixed the cold temp issues?

Pat
Pat,

Yes, we have resolved the issue with cold start issue for northern owners when it drops below 0 C.

When it is below 0 C in the northern regions of the world we found a small bug in the software where when the temp drops below 0 it will think it is at 120 C and not add the proper amount of fuel and therefore not start.

That has been resolved.

I would suggest posting in our Flash & Go thread and see if there is someone nearby that might be able to give you a ride. Though it may not be a Jackson Racing setup it would be another kit but would have the same tune on it. So you would get an idea of drivability.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
The Following User Says Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
CSG Mike (12-31-2014)
Old 12-31-2014, 12:16 PM   #21
fasteddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousTuning View Post
Pat,

Yes, we have resolved the issue with cold start issue for northern owners when it drops below 0 C.

When it is below 0 C in the northern regions of the world we found a small bug in the software where when the temp drops below 0 it will think it is at 120 C and not add the proper amount of fuel and therefore not start.

That has been resolved.

I would suggest posting in our Flash & Go thread and see if there is someone nearby that might be able to give you a ride. Though it may not be a Jackson Racing setup it would be another kit but would have the same tune on it. So you would get an idea of drivability.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
Bill, the main thing I want out of the tune is no drama, dead stock drive-ability with no monkeying around. I have great faith in your reputation as an excellent tuner, I was just hoping for feedback from end users prior to my purchase.

I know the JRSC carb tune would be fine, but for about the same cost is seems silly for my to get that when is does not come with the race rom stuff and can never be updated.

Are you confident that the flash-n-go is refined enough at this point to meet my needs?

If so I may as well get the tune ordered up soon. Now that I have the supercharger I am very pumped to get it going.

Thanks!

Pat
Old 12-31-2014, 01:31 PM   #22
Chad86
DrivinginDreams...Cloud86

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
Read the instructions several times, allot an entire weekend, and you'll be just fine.
What would be the best tune for reliability, if I am installing myself? I assume my engine warranty will no longer be valid...
Chad86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 02:06 PM   #23
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Quote:
Bill, the main thing I want out of the tune is no drama, dead stock drive-ability with no monkeying around. I have great faith in your reputation as an excellent tuner, I was just hoping for feedback from end users prior to my purchase.

I know the JRSC carb tune would be fine, but for about the same cost is seems silly for my to get that when is does not come with the race rom stuff and can never be updated.

Are you confident that the flash-n-go is refined enough at this point to meet my needs?

If so I may as well get the tune ordered up soon. Now that I have the supercharger I am very pumped to get it going.

Thanks!

Pat
Pat,

The tune itself will always be refined further and further. In fact we are still refining our Innovate Supercharger tunes, because we learn more, EcuTeK releases more tables for us to expand the tune into and all this allows for further refinement.

We drive on the Flash & Go tune daily, to and from work and I am always adjusting it for drivability, startup, cruising, fuel economy, idle, light load acceleration from a stop light and I have of course a bunch of customers on our latest versions all the time offering feedback. Those offering feedback are in climates different from ours, run automatics and in general just overall feel of the vehicle.

At this point I am very happy with the tune, but I always want it better. I think of comparing the tune to driving a Porsche, smooth, perfect throttle control and a blast to drive. Those little annoyances, well they get on my nerve pretty quickly so I make sure to tackle them as I drive.

The current version is 14.14 which is actually 1414 revisions since we started creating this tune over 2 years ago. So it has been through a lot and my customers have been through a lot with me. For updates that are needed we do not charge for those, but for updates that are major improvements over the previous tune, then we do charge. Though we are getting to a point where most revisions now are very small.

Anyway long story short we are very pleased with the current version and I am sure most customers will state the same. Though if you want a solid tune the CARB tune Jackson Racing offers is a very dependable tune without all the bells and whistles.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
The Following User Says Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
fasteddy (12-31-2014)
Old 12-31-2014, 02:22 PM   #24
CSG Mike

Quote:
What would be the best tune for reliability, if I am installing myself? I assume my engine warranty will no longer be valid...
I have not tried the Flash & Go, so I can't comment on that. The CARB tune performs flawlessly, as does the custom tune that we run. Our tuner does not do e-tunes.

We do have a @DeliciousTuning Flex Fuel kit however....
The Following User Says Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2014, 02:48 PM   #25
fasteddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
I have not tried the Flash & Go, so I can't comment on that. The CARB tune performs flawlessly, as does the custom tune that we run. Our tuner does not do e-tunes.

We do have a @DeliciousTuning Flex Fuel kit however....
Mike, is your custom tune MAF or Speed density based?

Pat
Old 12-31-2014, 08:05 PM   #26
CSG Mike

Quote:
Mike, is your custom tune MAF or Speed density based?

Pat
It is both.
Old 01-01-2015, 02:21 PM   #27
ultra
Curious cat.

Drives: 86 GT base M/T - Red
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Can the flash & go tunes safely handle serious track work?

Also, how do you go about getting a version of the tune for a car with, say, a decat or different exhaust? Are there 'off the shelf' flavones that work for certain mods or is it an E tuning type deal?
2007 Mitsubishi Evo 9 RS (sold)
2006 VW Golf R32 (sold)
ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 02:38 PM   #28
raven1231

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S, 2016 DGM WRX
Thanked 3,118 Times in 1,667 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Your assumptions would be accurate. As for reliability I imagine they're both pretty good, as one is done by the manufacturer and the other a very reputable tuner.
raven1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to raven1231 For This Useful Post:
Chad86 (01-01-2015)