follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 03-12-2015, 08:04 PM   #1
Rick0S

Drives: 2015 FR-S - Ultramarine
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question PurePrice just got confusing

Hey all, new to the board, hoping to pick up my FR-S this weekend.

I am down to two dealers. The first has made me an excellent offer, and has been very up front with me. Total price out the door would be $23,200 for a model with absolutely no options.

A second dealership has offered to beat any written offer by $300, and all additional equipment is free. In this case, it would be the rear applicate (blech,) the all weather floor mats (good) and a center armrest (normally crazy overpriced but a welcome addition if its free.) The brings the price to $22,900 for a car that is supposed to be worth $400 more. They also offer a lifetime "powertrain" warranty for free, which is really just internally lubricated engine, trans, diff, and cv joints.

My question to you all is, how can the second dealership do this? It seems to fly in the face of all of the Scion Pure Price stuff. I called the first dealership, who was very confident that the second dealership was breaking their contract with Scion and should be reported. I tried to report it to Scion corporate, but they said that it was within the rights of the dealership as its a "promotional offer" and dealers are allowed to offer whatever promotions they want.

In either case, they have to do a dealer trade for the vehicle, and a sales rep will drive my car to the lot from another nearby dealership (both of the cars are about 20 miles away from the right dealerships.)

Any thoughts on this? Id love to be a proud FR-S owner by Saturday.

Rick0S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 08:10 PM   #2
swarb

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,271 Posts
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Pure price is a joke to make people think they are getting "the best price". It's more of a max price rather than a lowest price. It's also to keep dealers from ripping people off. Which still happens. Is that price for a 2015 model? sounds like a good deal to me.
swarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 08:22 PM   #3
Rick0S

Drives: 2015 FR-S - Ultramarine
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Yep, its for a 2015 model with the color I want and the correct transmission.

It took me a lot of calls for me to line up that good of deal, and had a couple of bad dealerships along the way. I'm pretty happy with the price.
Rick0S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 02:27 PM   #4
Lonewolf

Drives: Moped
Thanked 2,128 Times in 1,193 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
That second dealership sounds like the way to go. As the other poster said, pure price is garbage, and dealers can and do find ways around it.

Make sure all the paperwork states exactly what its supposed to (the prices you were quoted) before you sign anything...some dealers try to get sneaky during the signing of the financing paperwork.
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 05:33 PM   #5
White64Goat

Drives: 13 BRZ CBS LTD MT, 02 WRX
Thanked 1,111 Times in 627 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Is the second dealer getting the car from the first dealer and then adding the extras? You said dealer exchange, so I'm assuming the 2nd dealer doesn't actually have the car you want and is going to get it from dealer 1?
White64Goat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cost, deal, dealer, price, pricing