follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 04-09-2014, 09:16 PM   #43
gramicci101
Off Topic

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ Limited
Thanked 4,243 Times in 2,170 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
On the other hand, there are braces used to bind bushings, which may have a substantial effect
I think that's what I was thinking of. For instance, the attachment points of the front lower control arms, or where the rear LCA attaches to the subframe. I see no reason to spend hundreds on these things if they can be made in house.
gramicci101 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gramicci101 For This Useful Post:
CSG Mike (04-09-2014)
Old 04-10-2014, 02:43 PM   #44
RYU

Drives: really slow...
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RYU View Post
I just noticed the Buddy Club rear LCA also lowers the damper mounting point. Anyone care to guess by how much? My guess is around ~15mm

A buddy at Buddy Club (get it? ) confirmed these are lower the damper lower mounting point at 20mm on the lowest setting. I'll be trying these out on my car.
RYU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 04:03 PM   #45
SPCPerformance

Drives: FT-86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
BRZZZZZZZZZZ, don’t be at all concerned about putting the SPC control arms on your car. Remember, every vendor on this forum wants to sell you something, so ask yourself about what their motivation is as you put stock in any one contributor’s comments.

SPC has been making wheel alignment parts and selling them to everyone from Chrysler to Moog to your local alignment shop for more than 40 years. SPC’s automotive suspension engineers (yes, multiple with Detroit experience) have built a great part that exceeds the strength of the OE part it is replacing. In this case, part number 67660, you will notice that we have virtually mirrored the OE design and material quality.

SPC lets the performance of the part do the talking, Fredric Asabo and his Papadakis Racing prepped FT-86 raced the entire season on one set of arms from SPC last year and never had an issue. No slip, no creep, (another word for something is yielding and it can’t be good.), no failure. See the linked video, if they can hold up for Asabo, I think they will hold up for anyone who can avoid the sidewall and ditch.

Cost does not always mean quality.
Check out the video -

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqVnDb2CHpU"]Fredric Aasbø - #35 bruze 2013 - YouTube[/ame]
SPCPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SPCPerformance For This Useful Post:
chadstyle (04-16-2014), Colin86 (08-14-2016), fx35s (08-17-2014)
Old 05-19-2014, 01:55 PM   #46
RYU

Drives: really slow...
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RYU View Post
A buddy at Buddy Club (get it? ) confirmed these are lower the damper lower mounting point at 20mm on the lowest setting. I'll be trying these out on my car.
Received these a few weeks ago. Haven't had time to install but this is my last hope at increasing the rear shock stroke. I'm now pondering what to do on setup. I've got a things to swap around and test.

The quality on these are good. Parts are beefy and I have no reservations about the components used.

I plan to use the 'Buddy Club Recommendation' setting to gain 20mm more rear shock stroke.
RYU is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RYU For This Useful Post:
protpibe (06-02-2014)
Old 05-19-2014, 03:31 PM   #47
mike the snake

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
MAN! At the 6 minute 10 second point in that vid, that is some sick driving/drifting!
mike the snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 02:31 AM   #48
207sw20

Drives: 2013 FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitefrs View Post
what about Parts by maxi?

Im with you man Powered by Max/Parts Shop Max/PBM whatever u want to call them are awesome. A buddy I have all the parts they have out and then another friend has their LCAs. They're sick and their parts can take a beating.

http://partsshopmax.com/page.php?36

Matt Powers, Matt Field, Dave Briggs, Diago Saito, Jeff Wolfson along with a number of other guys in Formula Drift, Formula Drift ProAm levels, D1GP, and all kinds of drifting series run their parts. You should check them out before jumping on big names just because of the name.
207sw20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:39 AM   #49
MyEvilMonkeys

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
I'm not here to knock a product and i'm sure the SPC LCAs are working for many people. I have the SPC LCAs and i'm not so much concerned about the strength or quality of the part it's self. But i can tell you that the slotted camber adjustment is not working for me at all. It's slipped a couple times and costing me money in alignments. I don't track but i do drive aggressively and the roads are REALLY bad around here so the impact of pot holes and corners combined are probably not bennefiting the SPC LCAs.

FA500 Coils/Swift/Radial Upgd, Cusco R.LCA, SPC R.Toe Arms, TqSol. R.SubFrame Bushings, MTEC Shift Springs, Perrin Shift Bushing/Trans Mount, Greddy SP Exhaust & Intake, RPF1 18x9.5 +38, 255/35-18 SDrives, Raceseng Ashiko Knob/Lockout
MyEvilMonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MyEvilMonkeys For This Useful Post:
JohnJuan (05-23-2014)
Old 05-23-2014, 01:28 PM   #50
BRZZZZZZZZZZ
Car Nut

Drives: BMW 335d, Toyota Echo RS, FRS
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
My SPCs have been fine, no slipping and they hold up well to track and auto x use. Those who have problems, are you torquing everything correctly?
BRZZZZZZZZZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:23 PM   #51
SubieNate

Drives: 2013 FR-S Ultramarine
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCPerformance View Post
BRZZZZZZZZZZ, don’t be at all concerned about putting the SPC control arms on your car. Remember, every vendor on this forum wants to sell you something, so ask yourself about what their motivation is as you put stock in any one contributor’s comments.
Pot, meet kettle. Kettle, pot.

If you spent any amount of time on this forum you'd know better than to accuse the CSG crew of unfairly dissing a product... It is true that no one is completely unbiased in these things but CSG has provided a wealth of information to this community and if they've had negative experiences I personally give that some weight.

Using a sponsored car (aka free parts) isn't always the greatest example. For their motivation is you know, more free parts.

Cheers
Nathan
SubieNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 10:09 PM   #52
Dezoris

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 2,997 Times in 1,095 Posts
Mentioned: 159 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
SPC designs parts to a price point. Their hardware corrodes and rusts faster than higher quality fasteners and their LCAs are flimsy, new version much better. But for lowering like this with crazy low offset wheels OP should use adjustable upper control arms instead of lower to better be able to tuck tire. Can try RacerX upper arms or pain in the ass whiteline bushings.

For LCAs the best designs I have seen are the Whiteline and new RacerX. Just know they are solid and have only urethane or spherical bushings.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:44 PM   #53
MyEvilMonkeys

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZZZZZZZZZZ View Post
My SPCs have been fine, no slipping and they hold up well to track and auto x use. Those who have problems, are you torquing everything correctly?

I know when I torqued them at the time of install everything was good. Although I was unimpressed with the alignment shop that had little interest in the SPC LCAs. They said that they couldn't get toe to spec when pulling camber out, blah blah... Well I then purchased the SPC toe arms and took it to the dealer for alignment. There after is when camber slipped on drivers side. Come to find out the bolt threads are really rough and stripped bad. I'm inclined to say that it was the alignment shop or dealer fault.

Either way, I still wonder why no other LCAs on the market uses the slotted LCA with a cam bolt? Regardless, I ordered the CUSCO LCAs and we'll see how that goes.

FA500 Coils/Swift/Radial Upgd, Cusco R.LCA, SPC R.Toe Arms, TqSol. R.SubFrame Bushings, MTEC Shift Springs, Perrin Shift Bushing/Trans Mount, Greddy SP Exhaust & Intake, RPF1 18x9.5 +38, 255/35-18 SDrives, Raceseng Ashiko Knob/Lockout
MyEvilMonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:09 PM   #54
FRSKEV

Drives: FRS
I have the SPC LCAs and no complain here so far, my car gets driven hard occasionally and have been to 3 autox events so far and they've held up fine. At the alignment shop it was a breeze to adjust.
FRSKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 01:53 AM   #55
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,180 Times in 6,836 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyEvilMonkeys View Post
I know when I torqued them at the time of install everything was good. Although I was unimpressed with the alignment shop that had little interest in the SPC LCAs. They said that they couldn't get toe to spec when pulling camber out, blah blah... Well I then purchased the SPC toe arms and took it to the dealer for alignment. There after is when camber slipped on drivers side. Come to find out the bolt threads are really rough and stripped bad. I'm inclined to say that it was the alignment shop or dealer fault.

Either way, I still wonder why no other LCAs on the market uses the slotted LCA with a cam bolt? Regardless, I ordered the CUSCO LCAs and we'll see how that goes.
Because they slip REALLY REALLY easily. So easily that getting sideways once has a good chance at making the cam bolt slip.

S2000's use cam bolts from the factory to control alignment. Trust me, you don't want cam bolts.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 03:51 AM   #56
Panman

Drives: 86 GTS
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Does anyone have an opinion on the Hardrace LCAs?
Panman is offline   Reply With Quote