follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 12-07-2014, 11:38 PM   #1
DemonRawr

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited 6M
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Solution for Clamp Scraping?

My car was lowered on Stance coil overs with a ground clearance of a about 3.5-4 inches. Prior to yesterday, I had no issues clearing speed bumps aside from having to enter them at an angle; however, I started badly scraping last night as I exited my neighborhood. The odd thing was that just a couple of hours before it started, I left and entered with no problems at all! I then decided to raise it up to a solid clearance of 4 inches, but it still scraps slightly. It was then that I decided to check the undercarriage to see if anything had gotten loose and discovered that a clamp was at an awkward angle.

(Sorry for the bad quality!)

I believe that it's at an awkward angle since the clamp doesn't seem to be pointing downwards in other pictures:

(pulled from a DIY tutorial by GrimmSpeed. The clamp is to the right of the third red circle.)

Before messing around with it, I wanted to see what you guys think. Any suggestions for fixing this is greatly appreciated!

tl;dr: "low" rider for months->suddenly starts scraping->raised it up->scrapes slightly->turns out to be clamp->halp.

EDIT: I've fixed it by simply pushing it. It likely rotated around due to driving through terrible roads, causing the clamp to shift out of place.

Last edited by DemonRawr; 12-08-2014 at 01:00 AM.
DemonRawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 12:09 AM   #2
DemonRawr

Never mind, I fixed it with my trusty sword.
Old 12-08-2014, 12:24 AM   #3
Reaper
in orbe terrum non visi

Drives: violent
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
In one picture you have an exhaust clamp that clearly hit a speed bump and rotated down reducing your ground clearance. In the second picture you show under tray fasteners and act like it's the same part.
Old 12-08-2014, 12:54 AM   #4
DemonRawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
In one picture you have an exhaust clamp that clearly hit a speed bump and rotated down reducing your ground clearance. In the second picture you show under tray fasteners and act like it's the same part.
Sorry about that! The reason why the second picture focuses on something else is because I pulled it from a DIY tutorial for exhaust works. The exhaust clamp is to the right of the third red circle from the left to right. I placed it there for comparison with my exhaust clamp.