follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 08-28-2020, 11:27 AM   #1
Sinz_TheNewtype

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down Spyder Fog Lights for FR-S

*QUICK DISCLAIMER* I’m pretty new here so I strongly apologize in advance if I may have formatted this wrong or maybe not placed things where they properly should, any criticism is appreciated. I’m new to forums so my bad, playa’s fuck up too.

Hello everyone, I just wanted to give a short impression on my newly acquired Spyder fog lights. I tried finding some sort of recent review of these but couldn’t find much so I’ll throw my hat in the ring and give my options on them.

First off, for 130 usd I was really expecting for them to be decent not anything cheap like the winjets (which after this install I will no longer throw shade at them) but not as good as the Diode Dynamics. The wires provided for the kit were too short, so I highly recommend you plan this out before making any cuts or connections.

My other gripe with the kit is that the bezels are GARBAGE. What really sold me on this kit over the Winjets was the way the bezels looked closer to OEM with the matte patterned finished, it should be noted that these are NOT OEM but rather a cheaper mold to replicate them, a MUCH cheaper mold. The bezels do not fit flush with the insert on the bumper not to mention when they go over the lamp they don’t even sit flush either. I had to bust out the cutting knife and shave some off, even then my driver side lamp sits more straight in direction and not more pointed down so oncoming driver might get blinded. The hardware provided was garbage and there are no include instructions on how to properly mount these lights but if you’re a sub-par engineer you might be able to get through this.

My last complaint and not my biggest but just a little thing that irked me was the switch. It’s a really nice looking switch even comes with the bezel to keep both buttons for dimming and the blank along with the trunk release, looks really nice and well done almost professionally I say but of course, when I installed the lights the switch doesn’t light up when it’s engaged. I’m sure this is a little hiccup and I can get the switch replaced, yes the switch does work thankfully but for 130 usd brand new I expected everything to at least work and pass QC if the company has any at all. Still nothing too major.

Overall, I’d say that paying the price for these fog lights was definitely not worth it at all. I wanted to go for an OEM look (yes I know they’re not supposed to be yellow) so I decided to spend the extra cash for switch and bezel. In my personal opinion, do yourself a favor and save up the extra idk 100 usd or something and get the Diode Dynamics, OR (and I can’t believe I’m saying this but I have to admit it) go with the Winjet fog lights for half the price and maybe buy some OEM bezels from the dealership or someone online. This in the middle options is honestly not worth it but, my financial loss is YOUR knowledgeable gain. Have a great day everyone.
Attached Images

Sinz_TheNewtype is offline   Reply With Quote