follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Mid-Atlantic

Mid-Atlantic DC, DE, MD, VA, WV

User Tag List

Old 02-29-2012, 05:27 PM   #127
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Drives: Attitude
Thanked 4,889 Times in 2,902 Posts
Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku View Post
They are both Fitzgerald owned dealers, the one at White Flint usually has no cars its like a maintenance location or something like that. It's right by Twinbrook metro station.
That's what I thought. It's some kind of small place and I've never even stepped inside once.
OrbitalEllipses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:06 PM   #128
Zaku
-Proud of Brzerhood-

Drives: '17 BRZ CWP LMT.
Thanked 1,725 Times in 790 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
It's funny thought this was years ago but, it usually has one car in the supposed show room of that place. Last time I checked it was a WRB colored STI not sure what year. That place has my interest for sure wonder what it's for. other than maintenance and collision repair.

"The BRZ Section's fine wine" -Zgrinch
Zaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:43 PM   #129
gt86mods
Toyobaru Obsessed

Drives: 97' Civic Coupe
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses View Post
That's what I thought. It's some kind of small place and I've never even stepped inside once.
In the past I've looked at/test driven cars at the White Flint Subaru location, but lately it seems like it's no longer a showroom. I haven't been back in years but I know they used to stock cars there but it doesn't seem they do anymore. I think they moved a lot of their inventory from Bethesda/Rockville to Germantown/Gaithersburg due to sales dropping over the past few years but that's just my guess.

Canon Photographer - My Website - Flickr Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86'd View Post
That's it. I'm cancelling my pre pre-order.
gt86mods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:28 AM   #130
Grimlock

Drives: BRZ and NA
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbxgz View Post
So you placed a deposit at Gburg Fitz but got a call from White Flint Subie? I wonder if the two share allocations since they are owned by the same guy.

Back when you originally told me that Fitzgerald Subaru was taking deposits, I called White Flint instead of Gaithersburg, and left my name & number there before I called Gaithersburg. That's how they knew to call me back.

I did buy a Subaru from the White Flint location, but that was back in 2005, and I haven't been back to that area since I traded that car in 2007. Has the White Flint location really gotten bad? I know the salesman that I there has moved to Herb Gordon, which is why I started talking to them.
Grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:05 PM   #131
Tbxgz

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Fitzgerald Auto Mall in Gaithersburg MD just slapped on $2000 mark up fee. Originally, they pulled me in by promising MSRP pricing. On top of that the sales manager told me he would take my order first thing this morning... Then failed to mention today was his day off. A number of other posters around here have had bad experiences with Fitzgerald as well. I highly recommend avoiding them if you are in the DMV area. Annapolis and Herb Gordon are far better options with much better reputations.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:14 PM   #132
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Quote:
Fitzgerald Auto Mall in Gaithersburg MD just slapped on $2000 mark up fee. Originally, they pulled me in by promising MSRP pricing. On top of that the sales manager told me he would take my order first thing this morning... Then failed to mention today was his day off. A number of other posters around here have had bad experiences with Fitzgerald as well. I highly recommend avoiding them if you are in the DMV area. Annapolis and Herb Gordon are far better options with much better reputations.
Unsurprised. They told me 2 days ago they would have MSRP pricing and it took them too long to think of that number so I got suspicious.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:21 PM   #133
Grimlock

Drives: BRZ and NA
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Agreed. Someone from Fitz finally called me this afternoon, and the entire phone call was unprofessional and disorganized. By that time, I had already placed my order with Herb Gordon Subaru (and gotten my VON). He then informed me that Subaru wouldn't accept two orders for the same car. I said "That's fine. Can I have my deposit refunded?" He was surprised it was already cashed, and that I should call back tomorrow to get in touch with the Sales Manager to get my deposit back. Fitzgerald never really discussed price with me though.

Herb Gordon and Annapolis were much more accommodating and knowledgeable.
Grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:16 AM   #134
OhBe1
Some guy on the net

Drives: NA, OB, Taco
FWIW, i called Annapolis. They denied that any dealers were getting preview cars. I like their service department anyway...
OhBe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:52 PM   #135
gt86mods
Toyobaru Obsessed

I stopped by Fitz Toyota in Gaithersburg today and had a good convo with both my sales rep and another extremely knowledgeable guy there who happens to be a huge enthusiast. I wish I could remember his name. *facepalm*

Anyways, he basically said that nobody is putting orders in, Subaru or Scion, and anyone who says otherwise is bullshitting. He also told me that Scion DOES NOT allow dealers to charge markups, and if corporate were to find out Scion dealers were marking up the FR-S they would get a slap on the wrist. I was very adamant about the whole March 1st ordering for the BRZ and again he said it was bullshit. He told me that as soon as they know anything my sales rep will contact me.

They aren't even taking names for an ordering list, let alone taking deposits because there is NO information regarding when the cars will be arriving or how much they will be charging for them. I'm a pretty good judge of character and I trusted what this guy was telling me. He said there is one customer at that location who is one of the First 86, other than that there is nobody in line for the car as of yet.

Another thing, this guy is apparently well in the loop and he had some juicy information on a new performance car that is coming out in the next few years that will be badged Toyota. He mentioned he's not a huge fan of the Scion brand but he understands why Toyota decided to badge the FR-S a Scion, to inject the brand with a bit of sporting integrity. This new sports car, which he was very tight-lipped about will be a direct competitor for the Z, Supra maybe? He mentioned the CEO of Toyota and his racing history, and how he has been fighting for a revival of Toyota's sporting heritage and he's winning.

Anyways, all in all it was worth the visit, I trust these guys and the fact they aren't asking me for a deposit on a car which they have no estimated date on or even a price. I have a feeling these dealers taking lists and deposits are bluffing. But who knows anymore. I wish you all the best of luck and keep in mind that these people are trying to make a sale...they will tell you what you want to hear to make sure they get your business. When someone tells me they won't take my money because they don't feel comfortable doing so because of lack of information on the product from their company, I feel inclined to trust them.

Quote:
Old 03-03-2012, 10:58 PM   #136
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Those of us who ordered BRZ on the 1st have Vehicle Order Numbers. March 1st ordering was not bullshit, it DID happen. Even Fitz placed a few orders through the sold order system.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:23 PM   #137
gt86mods
Toyobaru Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses View Post
Those of us who ordered BRZ on the 1st have Vehicle Order Numbers. March 1st ordering was not bullshit, it DID happen. Even Fitz placed a few orders through the sold order system.
I'm dumbfounded then. Guess he was lying to my face or had no idea what he was talking about. I literally mentioned the newsletters and March 1st order date to him three times and every single time he said it wasn't true with utmost confidence. I feel like getting proof and going back tomorrow to rub it in his face and see what he has to say.

EDIT: Well I see the Pre-Order thread and all the names, but does anyone have an email they can forward me from SOA with the information regarding ordering? I'd like to get this worked out and at least let this guy know he's giving people the wrong information.

Quote:
Old 03-03-2012, 11:35 PM   #138
gt86mods
Toyobaru Obsessed

My only other thought is that this "Pre-Order" thing is Subaru's way of judging interest and in fact is just a glorified waiting list. Toyota/Scion obviously haven't gotten that far yet, but you can't deny that no orders have actually been placed for BRZ's yet. Perhaps that's what this guy was telling me.

Quote:
Old 03-03-2012, 11:38 PM   #139
Zaku
-Proud of Brzerhood-

Drives: '17 BRZ CWP LMT.
Thanked 1,725 Times in 790 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt86mods View Post
My only other thought is that this "Pre-Order" thing is Subaru's way of judging interest and in fact is just a glorified waiting list. Toyota/Scion obviously haven't gotten that far yet, but you can't deny that no orders have actually been placed for BRZ's yet. Perhaps that's what this guy was telling me.
I just wanted to mention that "First86" is the over glorified waiting list, the Subaru list is pretty standard. It was about the same for when the EVOX and the current STI was released. They didn't need much to judged interest they already had surveys for that, also it doesn't change the numbers of cars they will get this year. It's nothing out of the Norm, that First 86 thing now that's something new. because you know that they're exactly 86 cars in the first batch that will be sold. But there's no info on the big number of what will be given during the year.

And I've been totally lost in your last 3 post, hope that guy didn't give you a hard time.

"The BRZ Section's fine wine" -Zgrinch
Zaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:53 PM   #140
gt86mods
Toyobaru Obsessed

Well unfortunately the First 86 was basically this gimmick thing that only 86 people in the country were able to do...all the thousands of us out there who weren't one of these lucky 86 are basically sitting here twiddling our thumbs, unlike you BRZ guys who at least were able to get your Color/trim in and place a deposit.

As I've read everywhere, march 1st was the official pre order day, not an order day. Yes there are pre-orders in the system but these orders mean nothing until they are sent to the factory for production. The day when that happens it's really a day to celebrate.

The guy I talked with at Fitz Toyota today just said that there were absolutely no orders placed for these cars yet, BRZ or FR-S. So if Subaru is in fact taking pre-orders that's fine, but it's nothing more than a SOA-wide list collaborated by dealers to collect deposits and get people a place in line for production.

Quote: