follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 09-01-2013, 01:11 PM   #43
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Drives: Limited BRZ
Thanked 8,343 Times in 4,361 Posts
Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don@Accelerated View Post
I'm not sure you even understand what your talking about. The initial 8mm -5/16 hose issue was solved w/ an 8mm Compression Ferrule Fitting. They don't leak or your doing something quite wrong.
Oh yes definitely, for a fee.

Awesome customer service just keeps getting better.

Sorry if this posts has mistakes, I'm on the phone!

Last edited by Sportsguy83; 09-01-2013 at 01:37 PM.
Sportsguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:36 PM   #44
Nightbringer

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
I'm not sure you even understand what your talking about.
Definitely starting to understand why you and Visconti are partners...
Nightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nightbringer For This Useful Post:
Sportsguy83 (09-01-2013)
Old 09-01-2013, 09:03 PM   #45
Adeets
OEDC

Drives: Vortech 8.5psi 274WHP 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quote:

I don't know who moto Mike is.
I randomly got this from mike today, maybe it will help you understand who he is.

Hi XXXXXX,

We’ve learned quite a bit from doing the innovate kit, and I think a lot of this will translate right over. You can try the attached ROM, please send datalogs so we can make sure it is safe. Definitely make sure it learns and the cams are enabled (i.e. let it idle 60 seconds AFTER full warmup). This should address the following: startup consistency, tip in knock, mid shift knock, top end power, MPG, low end power, tip in accel enrichments for smoother driving, and well; actually that is pretty much everything!

Also you’re welcome to come by and we can look at it in person, no charge.

Take care,
Mike

Moto-East, LLC
ECU Tuning and Performance
Easton, PA
570-503-MOTO (6686)
YouTube | Facebook | Moto-East.com

This guy by far is the best damn customer service I've ever known, as far as I was concerned my tune was perfect. And here he is tuning other people's FI systems, that arnt even my type (I have a vortech.) and he's applying what he knows to my tune to try to make it even more damn perfect. No support ticket no nothing, just hey I bet this would help DEER! I'll send one off to him.

I never done business with you, so I can't comment on your CS history, but I do know you do alot of work with Visconti, so maybe it's time for you to try a new business partner.

Seriously @moto-mike if I were gay you'd be my man crush,
Thank you as always,
Me & DEER!
Adeets is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adeets For This Useful Post:
ATL BRZ (09-02-2013), Sportsguy83 (09-01-2013)
Old 09-02-2013, 09:52 AM   #46
ecko04
Seems Legit

Drives: Toyota
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Let's not get @itdansharpe's thread closed due to @Rich@ViscontiTuning & @Don@Accelerated. I'm more interested in knowing if @itdansharpe is successful with the course of action he's taking against Visconti than the defensive comments made by Rich & Don. To better document the issues with Visconti, a thread should be created it so everyone can post their reviews (good or bad).

Far too many threads have taken turns for the worst when Visconti is mentioned, let's try to keep this one clean.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:30 AM   #47
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko04 View Post
Let's not get @itdansharpe's thread closed due to @Rich@ViscontiTuning & @Don@Accelerated. I'm more interested in knowing if @itdansharpe is successful with the course of action he's taking against Visconti than the defensive comments made by Rich & Don. To better document the issues with Visconti, a thread should be created it so everyone can post their reviews (good or bad).

Far too many threads have taken turns for the worst when Visconti is mentioned, let's try to keep this one clean.
More than welcomed to use my review thread.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32987
The Following User Says Thank You to Sportsguy83 For This Useful Post:
Nightbringer (09-02-2013)
Old 09-02-2013, 12:17 PM   #48
Lonewolf

Drives: Moped
Thanked 2,128 Times in 1,193 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Did someone hear something? It sounded like a fart in the wind? Who has a match?
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:55 AM   #49
itdansharpe

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich@ViscontiTuning View Post
It's unbelievable to me how ignorant so many of you allow yourselves to come across as, just in an effort to bash Visconti Tuning at any cost. Without any data to review, this appears to be a hardware issue. The car was running fine when this thread was made 3 months ago, as those of you who actually read the OP may have noticed. Since then, the last contact we've had through the Support Console (which we use for "support") was two weeks ago when he said “John, you nailed it….. So Happy!” Then out of the blue, we get an email demanding a refund because now, 3 months later, he dynos the car and the power is all over the map. Based on the limited information the customer has provided, it sounds like a boost leak. Clearly he wouldn't have been walking STi's if these issues were present when the car was originally tuned. But customer is convinced it isn't a boost leak because it made target boost. Well, for anyone who's educated themselves to understand mechanically how the turbo could make target boost even with a boost leak, they would understand how "reaching target boost" proves nothing. As we've explained to the customer, if he gets us the data we need to actually diagnose the car, we'll be happy to support the tune like we do for all of our customers.

But with regard to all the ridiculously uninformed posts, let's recap this: 3 months ago we have happy customer. Happy customer makes thread about happy results from his butt dyno which came in at "240-250whp." Now, 3 months later, customer dynos car, results are all over the place, and without datalogs or any other info, customer demands refund. You're right guys - clearly we're the unreasonable ones here. In fact we're having a "free refunds for everyone" party this weekend! Hell, we're just gonna start throwing cash out of the window - we hope you all can make it!
===

Thanks for the response Rich. No need to get mad here. I had the chance to compression test my car yesterday with the help of a certified Toyota mechanic. Came back with zero leak, and we tested right up to 35psi.

As for my last ticket's positive response: All I knew was the car wasn't knocking, which I had spent the last two months trying to get a tune to fix. It was pretty sad that I had to explain to you guys, (the professional tuners), that 35+ degrees of advance was bad. Let alone the 54 degrees I logged and sent you several times.

Please be respectful of my wishes and give me a refund.
New: 2014 6MT Asphalt Rota Titan 17x9, RS-3 V2, Skunk2 Pro-C, Eibach Sway Bars, Password:JDM Strut Tower Bar, Perrin MCB, StopTech Stainless Lines, Hawk HP+, Nameless 3" Exhaust, VG Sharkfin, FIVE:AD Spoiler, DDM Tuning HID's 5k, HID
Old: 2013 6AT Boosted Firestorm..
itdansharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to itdansharpe For This Useful Post:
Sportsguy83 (09-03-2013)
Old 09-03-2013, 12:47 PM   #50
Nightbringer

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by itdansharpe View Post
Please be respectful of my wishes and give me a refund.
Yeah, best of luck with that. Hope it works out better for you then it did me.
Nightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:28 PM   #51
Don@Accelerated

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Thanked 1,162 Times in 316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsguy83 View Post
Oh yes definitely, for a fee.

Awesome customer service just keeps getting better.

You just like to get people riled up.
Don@Accelerated is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Don@Accelerated For This Useful Post:
armythug (09-05-2013)
Old 09-03-2013, 05:29 PM   #52
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Garage
Quote:
You just like to get people riled up.

No, I only speak the truth.

To upgrade and avoid a potential fuel leak, customers need to pay a fee over the $1300 price tag... Absolutely ridiculous.

I'd figure you don't like this type of truths.

Old 09-03-2013, 05:30 PM   #53
Don@Accelerated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeets View Post
Thick/thin doesn't have to do with pressure it's the ratio between ID/OD (the meat) and the hoses I looked at in that flex-fuel kit seemed off since I've felt with alot of Subaru fuel systems. That was the flag for me before I even knew that the ID was wrong.
I like the Russell hose. I've used that stuff for years with zero issues. We use that particular hose on all our alcohol applications. Its good stuff!

I guess I haven't noticed the subaru EFI hose being all that large. I can't think of an instance it was ever different.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:32 PM   #54
Don@Accelerated

I think Moto Mike might be the guy that tuned one of my 300 Kits I did for a customer by the Name of Darrell Lacross.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:36 PM   #55
Don@Accelerated

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko04 View Post

I can assure you i've got nothing to get defensive about. I just simply asked a question and I get side lined as usual. I don't get on here much to post.

This thread won't be deleted unless the mods feel this is off topic. Obviously my question was not off topic.

If the car ran fine for a few months and then started to act up, then we must have something wrong or a parts issue.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:38 PM   #56
Don@Accelerated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsguy83 View Post
No, I only speak the truth.

To upgrade and avoid a potential fuel leak, customers need to pay a fee over the $1300 price tag... Absolutely ridiculous.

I'd figure you don't like this type of truths.

I think the reason why it became a choice was for those who had an issue. I'm pretty certain its part of the kit now. Don't quote me.

Tags
#you guys are all idiots!, ain't no carbecue, butt dyno is science, free refund party!!!, fuck visconti, looks good!, rich is john, rich-jv's bitch, the visconti saga part 4, tune looks good, v-tune never has knock, viscontifried, viscontinued, what is timing?, you got viscontid'!!