follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 05-27-2014, 08:28 PM   #29
b rawr z

Drives: 2014 BRZ, 2008 Impreza
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up ST Coilovers

I ordered a set of ST coilovers from James. He gave me an awesome deal for them and I picked them up at their shop.

The shop:
There are separate building for each purposes so everything is not crammed together. There were a bunch of awesome parked cars which implied that they do a great job and give good deals. I love the shop for parts and it's atmosphere. Lots of parts and stuff to look at and they were well organized as well. It was spacious and clean. There were comfy sofas and informational stuff. I also heard that they occasionally do car events like dyno day and i think i might have seen them as one of the sponsor for a formula d driver (correct me if i'm wrong). It is nice to know that they are very active in the car enthusiast community.

Customer service:
I contacted James through Facebook. He responded to my inquiries right away and can be easily contacted. He was very friendly, helpful, knowledgeable, as well as detail oriented. He looked like the kind of guy that love cars and is a car enthusiast himself. I found out that he goes to car events and even mentioned to me that he spotted my car from a recent car event because of my vanity plate. He does not look like your typical shop guy who just works for the hell of it. He even carried my coilovers and put them in my trunk for me.

Overall pleased and definitely recommend RT Tuning.
b rawr z is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to b rawr z For This Useful Post:
R/T Tuning (05-28-2014)
Old 07-15-2014, 11:07 PM   #30
RWDDan

Drives: Satin White Pearl BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
I contacted James to buy some wheels for my car. I told him the style I was looking for and my price range and he gave me 4-5 options along with pricing shipped to my door, if I would need hub rings to use them, and all sizes/offsets that were readily available along with lead times if the wheels weren't available in the store at that moment. I ordered my wheels and got them within a week, receipt and tracking were sent immediately and everything came to my door without issue. Prices are better or equal to everyone I've seen on the market (more often than not they're better) and it helps that R/T Tuning has been in the business for quite some time so they can help you with every part you need and tell you what else you need to make sure everything runs smoothly and your builds downtime is minimal. Highly suggest them for anything you need from parts acquisition to full builds in their shop.
RWDDan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RWDDan For This Useful Post:
R/T Tuning (07-16-2014)
Old 07-16-2014, 04:53 AM   #31
mfbmike

Drives: 2013 FRS, 2008 R32
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Was very happy with the TE37 transaction that went through you guys a while back!
mfbmike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mfbmike For This Useful Post:
R/T Tuning (07-16-2014)
Old 07-16-2014, 08:46 AM   #32
R/T Tuning

Drives: 2013 ScionRacing FRS w/2AZ-FE swap
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfbmike View Post
Was very happy with the TE37 transaction that went through you guys a while back!
i dont think i ever saw pics of them on there. got any?
R/T Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 01:42 PM   #33
mfbmike

Drives: 2013 FRS, 2008 R32
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by R/T Tuning View Post
i dont think i ever saw pics of them on there. got any?
I was having a hard time "mentioning" you guys on my build thread because of the "/" in your username lol.

mfbmike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mfbmike For This Useful Post:
R/T Tuning (07-17-2014)
Old 07-16-2014, 10:25 PM   #34
Mr.Scion

Drives: 2014 scion frs
I've heard of RT tuning for a while now. I had them install brembos on my saab a while back and they helped me out a lot. Today I took the trip down to have them install an eibach front sway bar, motul 300 transmission fluid, an oil change, and whiteline proshift bushing. I contacted james a few days ago and I was able to get into the shop today. They really do top notch work and offer advice. This is one of those shops where they put the customer first. Thanks again james
R/T Tuning (07-17-2014)
Old 08-05-2014, 01:57 PM   #35
brandonblt2
The Stig's African Cousin

Drives: 2014 wrb brz
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Awesome shop was looking for a greddy sp elite exhaust they had one on display that was never used. They sold it to me for 100 bucks off the standard price. I also talked to to James alittle bit while I was there cool guy.
brandonblt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:26 PM   #36
Silver Ignition
APEXHNTR

Drives: 10 Series FR-S #1867
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
These guys are awesome. I drove out from Eastern Long Island today because they had a brand new (only test fitted) set of Bridgestone RE-11's they were selling at a discounted rate. I was originally planning on just picking them up and mounting/balancing them myself at my dealership. Figured I'd just ask if they could do it while I waited. James coordinated with sales to get me an appointment and also get a good discount on the labor…all through his personal Facebook account, none the less. At times I felt like I was being annoying, even sending him messages on the weekend when he's not working, but the whole time through he kept a stand-up professional attitude. During the wait (which wasn't long at all, MAYBE an hour, if that) I hung out in the Parts department and chatted with the guys. James gave me a tour of the massive shop to see all the shop's projects and customer cars. Waiting area was comfy, had a big TV and tons of magazines. All the guys at the shop were very easy going and laid back. Awesome atmosphere. Thanks again guys!
#1867 of 2500

in the garage...2001 Toyota 4Runner [Solid Axle Rock Toy], 1987 Pontiac Fiero GT [Shitwagon], 2004 Honda Interceptor VFR800 [daily rider], 1978 Suzuki GS750 [Café Racer]
Silver Ignition is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Silver Ignition For This Useful Post:
R/T Tuning (10-06-2014)
Old 09-18-2014, 04:21 PM   #37
Blood

Drives: 2018 STI
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Went to R/T with @Fred E to get an alignment for my BRZ on Monday. The shop is way bigger than I expected. All the employees were nice, knowledgeable, and very obviously car enthusiasts. The work done was flawless (first shop I've been to that hand torqued wheel lugs instead of using an impact).

Definitely looking forward to having them work on my car again!
Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blood For This Useful Post:
R/T Tuning (10-06-2014)
Old 10-03-2014, 02:23 PM   #38
JoonPrime

Drives: 2015 Limited series all white brz
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=774144509309349

hm..hope the link works, its my car getting dyno'd by the fellas up at r/t tuning after my kw sc installation.
-everything went without a hitch and the shop was very cool to walk by as well so thats always a bonus.

-Had the pleasure of dealing with Eric who was knowledgeable in all aspects of my car as well as any car i wanted to talk about, and as a complete car novice this proved vital to my choice of r/t tuning as the shop to handle my baby.
will be definitely back to have them steal more of my money in the future ;] .
JoonPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JoonPrime For This Useful Post:
R/T Tuning (10-06-2014)

Tags
dyno, ecutek, r/t tuning, rt tuning, tuning