follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southern California

Southern California SoCal

User Tag List

Old 04-21-2012, 01:56 AM   #967
dookie11

Drives: Girls crazy with his booty
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MF_DEUCE View Post
Hey, i have a question for people who have test driven a car that they were trying to buy. Since MOST of the reviews this car has had, the car was driven on a track and pushed to its limit. What suggestions would you guys have if you wanted to feel the car out but do it legally when test driving the car? I dont think dealerships would let you drift or push the car too much, but like i said, how would you be able to experience the full potential of the car without upsetting the salesman, or dealership? This would be my first NEW car purchase and test drive at a dealership, so any tips or advice would be appreciated.
Drive like a crazy asian woman (i.e. purposely drive shitty and weave through traffic on the freeway)? That way you can test out the body roll. Or ask him to drive it to an empty school parking lot or something and go crazy there?
Old 04-21-2012, 02:33 AM   #968
jlu126

Drives: Acura TL
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hey Guys, I'm new to Subaru.

I've been looking into a BRZ for the past few months and went to La Puenta Subaru today having some sketch-ball of a Somalian guy with terrible English telling me it was 29K msrp... I asked him why on the website it said 25K msrp and he retracted his statement after I had pulled it up on my smartphone.. idiot definitely changed his angle although I came after work and looked like an uneducated chump I help run a business and am no idiot. So he talked down the price but I still didn't plan to get one at that dealership because they had filled up the spot for pre-orders and said my only option was the waiting list and just wanted to see the BRZ in person. Anyways I am financially set to get in on this group buy taking #10s spot if possible but I just need some help filling in the blanks on how to do this

I was an avid member of acurazine.com when I had my TL but I moved from OK to CA recently and need a vehicle.

Any help please? is there someone I could call to get more info or a breakdown?

thanks a lot.
jlu126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:40 AM   #969
Gaiakai

Drives: '21 Civic Type R
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MF_DEUCE View Post
Hey, i have a question for people who have test driven a car that they were trying to buy. Since MOST of the reviews this car has had, the car was driven on a track and pushed to its limit. What suggestions would you guys have if you wanted to feel the car out but do it legally when test driving the car? I dont think dealerships would let you drift or push the car too much, but like i said, how would you be able to experience the full potential of the car without upsetting the salesman, or dealership? This would be my first NEW car purchase and test drive at a dealership, so any tips or advice would be appreciated.
I've actually had some dealers let me push the car a bit. After regular driving of about 5mins just ask them if you can test out the acceleration, and afterwards the braking. Just don't ask them while already "testing" the acceleration

As for cornering capabilities, I'd say that would depend on the area you were test driving the car in. It would be harder if the area had a lot of 90° turns, as opposed to longer sweeping curves. Also how fast you could take a corner would depend on traffic of course.

Just don't go too far and you'll be fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie11 View Post
Can you show me a pic or a link that details all the goodies of that car? Something to cheer me up about not being able to get the AS1
You probably know more details on the STi version than I do
The only thing I'm REALLY looking forward to with the STi is something I read somewhere here, probably in the news/blog section, that the STi is going to have an extra 50(ish?) hp while still being NA. CF Roof is nice too.

Last edited by Gaiakai; 04-21-2012 at 11:41 AM.
Gaiakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:47 PM   #970
86design
Attack By Demons

Drives: 2022 BRZ (pre ordered)
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
ATTENTION GBers: I might not be getting the BRZ or the FRS this year, sadly, due to financial woes and family stuff.

I'm "#10" on our GB for a SWP Limited Manual, so YOU (yes YOU lol) could take my spot if I decide to pass on it. FYI I put down a $100 deposit. I'll post again about this when the car's released though.

Additionally, I'm #4 on the preorder list at Toyota of Pasadena for an Asphalt Manual FRS, where I put down a $500 deposit, so the same scenario might exist there as well.

I kept saying that I'd give my money to the one who released my car first, but unfortunately I might not be able to participate in that endeavor anymore. So sad so sad

Again, I'll let y'all know when the time comes closer whether or not I'll withdraw from the GB or go grab my deposit back from Pasadena, so that YOU (anyone who's interested) may take my spot(s).

Thx for your time!

your leaving me dookie!!!!!! your going to
Old 04-21-2012, 09:51 PM   #971
dookie11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaiakai View Post
You probably know more details on the STi version than I do
The only thing I'm REALLY looking forward to with the STi is something I read somewhere here, probably in the news/blog section, that the STi is going to have an extra 50(ish?) hp while still being NA. CF Roof is nice too.
OHHHHH you meant the BRZ STI haha. I kept thinking new WRX STI

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86design View Post
your leaving me dookie!!!!!! your going to
Maybe, maybe not Toyota of Pasadena called today, said that the FRS will be available in about 3 weeks.

Btw, @jlu126, what are you seeking help with anyway? Your question is kinda, not a question lolz.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:35 AM   #972
Trojan_SC

Drives: '14 Monogram FR-S(RIP)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Man, it would've been so cool to get in on this. I barely got in the market for a new car and loved the BRZ. I talked to a couple dealers and their lists are either filled up or they are marking them up $2k+ over MSRP. Oh well. Guess I'll have to wait and see.
Trojan_SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:48 PM   #973
Giccin
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Drives: Yaris HBK, Audi 09' TTS<Had>
Thanked 1,899 Times in 966 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan_SC View Post
Man, it would've been so cool to get in on this. I barely got in the market for a new car and loved the BRZ. I talked to a couple dealers and their lists are either filled up or they are marking them up $2k+ over MSRP. Oh well. Guess I'll have to wait and see.
You're better off waiting. Lol Unless you were on either of the list back nearly 3-4 months ago. :P

Logic > Emotion
┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
Yashio Factory Pink adds +10HP to anything.
TOYOTA FT-86
Giccin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:09 PM   #974
Trojan_SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giccin View Post
You're better off waiting. Lol Unless you were on either of the list back nearly 3-4 months ago. :P
Yeah, you're probably right. Bad timing.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:41 PM   #975
dookie11

Quote:
Yeah, you're probably right. Bad timing.
ATTENTION ALL

In case I do not take part in the GB, this fine gentleman Trojan_SC will be taking my spot for the SWP Limited Manual BRZ. He will accordingly take me out to lunch, followed by a shopping spree at Trader Joes for some munchies. JK JK JK (unless you really want to treat me to some TJ's dark chocolate covered mini pretzels).

But again, if I do not take part in the GB, Trojan_SC will be taking my spot because of his courteousy in PMing me instead of just randomly layin' claim to it like jlu126 did.

Also, the FRS spot might be open as well for Toyota of Pasadena, so first to PM me gets the "spot," if I decide to not purchase this year.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:39 AM   #976
Trojan_SC

Quote:
ATTENTION ALL

In case I do not take part in the GB, this fine gentleman Trojan_SC will be taking my spot for the SWP Limited Manual BRZ. He will accordingly take me out to lunch, followed by a shopping spree at Trader Joes for some munchies. JK JK JK (unless you really want to treat me to some TJ's dark chocolate covered mini pretzels).

But again, if I do not take part in the GB, Trojan_SC will be taking my spot because of his courteousy in PMing me instead of just randomly layin' claim to it like jlu126 did.

Also, the FRS spot might be open as well for Toyota of Pasadena, so first to PM me gets the "spot," if I decide to not purchase this year.
Duly noted. Lunch would be a definite, idk about the shopping spree (I'm a student, and need the $ for the BRZ if it happens :P), but TJ's dark chocolate pretzels can be arranged hehe.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:11 PM   #977
dookie11

Quote:
Duly noted. Lunch would be a definite, idk about the shopping spree (I'm a student, and need the $ for the BRZ if it happens :P), but TJ's dark chocolate pretzels can be arranged hehe.
<3
Old 04-23-2012, 07:22 PM   #978
zoomzoomers

Drives: 2013 Subaru SWP BRZ Limited 6AT
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
So dookie it's final? You're dropping out?
Man Law#17:A man in the company of a hot, seductively dressed, woman MUST remain sober enough to fight!

MODS: AVO tubes + filter, Cusco (F) strut brace w/ MC brace, Perrin CBE, Subaru OEM trunk tray, Grimmspeed front license re-locator & hood struts and Beatsonic rear cam.
zoomzoomers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:48 PM   #979
dookie11

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoomers View Post
So dookie it's final? You're dropping out?
No, it's not final. I'm going all the way through to the financing approval process. If they approve me then I'm in, lol. If not, then I'm out :[

So far, I've been shunned by Vons Credit Union because I didn't meet ONE of their criteria: having a job. LOL. But even if I got a job TWO months, I still wouldn't have been approved for their loan because I'd "needed to be employed there for at least 90days". So pooop

FYI folks, FRS spot is still open if anyone wants to get dibs on that one (just in case).

Damn, feels shady raffling off my spots hahah, even if I'm asking for nothing from this endeavor haha.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:12 PM   #980
zoomzoomers

Drives: 2013 Subaru SWP BRZ Limited 6AT
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
No, it's not final. I'm going all the way through to the financing approval process. If they approve me then I'm in, lol. If not, then I'm out :[

So far, I've been shunned by Vons Credit Union because I didn't meet ONE of their criteria: having a job. LOL. But even if I got a job TWO months, I still wouldn't have been approved for their loan because I'd "needed to be employed there for at least 90days". So pooop

FYI folks, FRS spot is still open if anyone wants to get dibs on that one (just in case).

Damn, feels shady raffling off my spots hahah, even if I'm asking for nothing from this endeavor haha.
Hope things work out for you dookie!
Man Law#17:A man in the company of a hot, seductively dressed, woman MUST remain sober enough to fight!

MODS: AVO tubes + filter, Cusco (F) strut brace w/ MC brace, Perrin CBE, Subaru OEM trunk tray, Grimmspeed front license re-locator & hood struts and Beatsonic rear cam.
zoomzoomers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brz, california, group buy, socal, southern