follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 09-02-2016, 01:04 AM   #15
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,816 Times in 16,425 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8Ghostin View Post
So I was sleeping over at my girlfriends house ...............!
Well, now ..... that's where it all started .....

Seriously, too bad your car got messed up.

Looks like it fixed up good!

Lesson learned ..... GFs can cause trouble .....

humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
bababooey (09-08-2016)
Old 09-02-2016, 01:55 AM   #16
FR-Sky

Drives: 2013 FR-S 10 series [755]
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Dam, you got it fix up nice. That guy deserved the penalty.
I learned a lesson. Never give up on your car!

P.S your minion still hanging good!
FR-Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 02:04 AM   #17
finch1750
Undisputed El Presidente

Drives: Zenki 37J ZN6
Thanked 9,397 Times in 5,261 Posts
Mentioned: 374 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8Ghostin View Post
Hey all, haven't posted here in a long time but I thought I'd tell my quick story of a horrible experience involving my FR-S that maybe some of you can relate to.

So I was sleeping over at my girlfriends house and had my car parked on the side of the road just past her driveway. Now her house is the last one on the street and there is a long stretch before the next road with no driveways, aka nobody to back into my car. I had been parking in this spot for 3 years without any incidents. It was mid-February and the coldest night of the winter, something like -32 Celsius. Around 3AM I woke up very quickly, startled and confused. I had thought I heard a very loud noise but don't actually remember hearing it, it was very weird almost like I thought I dreamed it. At first that's exactly what I thought happened, but then I looked over and my gf was also awake staring at me also looking very startled and confused.

Then I noticed the sound of a car horn going off, like someone was holding it down. Immediately I knew someone outside crashed into something, and my heart dropped. As I went to the window (her bedroom window faced the street and had a direct view of my car) I was saying inside my head "please don't be my car please don't be my car please please please". Sure enough, I see a POS early 2000's Honda Civic embedded into the back corner of my car. I stood there in shock as a guy was trying desperately to free his car while mine was getting pushed up onto the curb. He even got out and started pushing his car off of mine.

I ran outside as fast as I could because by the way he was acting I knew he was gonna try and split. Soon as I got there he was in the driver seat and looked right at me, I said "Don't you fucking dare" and BAM he takes off. Now his car was FUCKED UP, his driver side front tire was flat, his front axle snapped, his front bumper was hanging off and his radiator was literally dragging against the ground as he drove off up the street. So I'm bare footed in -32 sprinting up the street as fast as I can just hoping his car will stop so I can fuck this guys whole life up but he made it around the corner, and I can't describe how helpless I felt at that moment.

But what happened next was insane. This guy drove RIGHT past an undercover police SUV that was called to the scene by a neighbor not 4 minutes before I got outside. He pulls up to me and says "Was that the fuckin' guy?" and I said "YEAH THAT WAS HIM!". The cop pulled the fastest Tokyo Drift Han-Style 360 I've ever seen and went after the guy. I went back to check out my car and the damage. SOMEHOW the guy missed my Invidia exhaust, and my front splitter was fine even though my car got pushed up onto the curb.

Another cop car pulled up, I gave her all the info she asked for then she told me they caught the guy right away because his wheel flew off hahaha. Long story short he got fucked up and his life is probably ruined. I even got invited to his court hearing which I realllllly should have went to just to laugh at him but meh it was over-with at that time.

So he got arrested and charged with hit and run, destruction of property, fleeing the scene with an officer present, fleeing from officers, he was wayyyy over the limit drunk AND on drugs so he got hit with that, license suspended (obvs) and a few others. This was like a 32 year old dude too.

My car was gone for 2 weeks and believe it or not there was almost NO mechanical damage and he hit it going 70 km/hr and pushed it like 5 feet. Was 7200$ worth of work to fix though but the car didn't get a rebuilt title thank god. Cartstar did an absolutely fantastic job at fixing it and making it look like nothing happened at all. That was easily one of the worst moments of my life.

So here it was that night (sorry for the poor quality pics):

Here it is when I got it back:

And here it is today

Thanks for reading!
glad it worked out. but that is why i always keep a pair of shoes right next to the bed that i can easily just step into (usually wide skate shoes).

"Just like how a strut bar somehow enables you to corner 20MPH faster around a cloverleaf on-ramp, when the reality is, you can do it already but you just don't have to balls to do it." - CSG David
finch1750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 04:32 AM   #18
Hotrodheart

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Was that you? I didn't try to take off; my throttle was sticking!

Besides, it was your fault. You backed into me.

And I didn't get arrested. The cops and I drove around the corner and they let me go. In fact. they wiped off my bumper for me.
Hotrodheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 10:12 AM   #19
Atticus808

Drives: Splash Mountain
Thanked 2,337 Times in 918 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDinkleman View Post
I too have absolutely zero tolerance for drunk drivers. I was hit by one while waiting at a red light and he just kept on going. I followed him and he stopped when he saw me following and he was drunk out of his skull. It was the first time I was hit by a drunk and I was young then so I let him go after he begged me not to call the cops. A week later, it hit me that the bastard could have killed me and he would have no recollection/remorse for doing so. Made me shake a little. So now, I will not tolerate any drunks. If I see one on the road, I will call 911 and report it.
a friend of mine that i went to school with from elementary to highschool got killed by a drunk driver a few years back.

i'm glad you're alright. it seems as though the majority of the time the drunk driver doesn't get hurt.
Atticus808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 10:25 AM   #20
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atticus808 View Post
a friend of mine that i went to school with from elementary to highschool got killed by a drunk driver a few years back.

i'm glad you're alright. it seems as though the majority of the time the drunk driver doesn't get hurt.
It seems that way but statistically speaking they have ever chance of being injured as anybody else. We just hear more stories about those that don't so it skews perception.
Old 09-02-2016, 11:15 AM   #21
finch1750
Undisputed El Presidente

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
It seems that way but statistically speaking they have ever chance of being injured as anybody else. We just hear more stories about those that don't so it skews perception.
doesnt being drunk and having a relaxed body reduce the risk of injury or is that just urban legend?

"Just like how a strut bar somehow enables you to corner 20MPH faster around a cloverleaf on-ramp, when the reality is, you can do it already but you just don't have to balls to do it." - CSG David
Old 09-02-2016, 11:19 AM   #22
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by finch1750 View Post
doesnt being drunk and having a relaxed body reduce the risk of injury or is that just urban legend?
Big urban legend. Yes, being relaxed and tripping and falling on the sidewalk may reduce the severity of an injury. When crashing your two ton car into something at speed being relaxed has zero effect on if you are injured or not. If that was the case then we could do away with airbags and seat belts and just tell everybody to go limp in a crash.
Old 09-02-2016, 11:35 AM   #23
finch1750
Undisputed El Presidente

Quote:
Big urban legend. Yes, being relaxed and tripping and falling on the sidewalk may reduce the severity of an injury. When crashing your two ton car into something at speed being relaxed has zero effect on if you are injured or not. If that was the case then we could do away with airbags and seat belts and just tell everybody to go limp in a crash.
ok. i believed it before but started thinking about it when writing and I'm going "wouldnt the internal injuries still be the same and those are what normakly kills i think"

Old 09-02-2016, 12:13 PM   #24
Romanov
Just another BRZ owner

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ Limited MT
Garage
I feel for you. My car was hit by a mustang that lost control right into my immaculate car while leaving a car meet. Door and fender were messed up badly and now ive been missing my car for the last few weeks. I should have it by next weekend.

Follow my Instagram @sal_brz
Romanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 03:04 PM   #25
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by finch1750 View Post
ok. i believed it before but started thinking about it when writing and I'm going "wouldnt the internal injuries still be the same and those are what normakly kills i think"
All the injuries would be the same. It is just basic physics.
finch1750 (09-02-2016)
Old 09-02-2016, 03:26 PM   #26
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanov View Post
I feel for you. My car was hit by a mustang that lost control right into my immaculate car while leaving a car meet. Door and fender were messed up badly and now ive been missing my car for the last few weeks. I should have it by next weekend.
Oh dude it really sucks to be the victim of a cliché.

86geek (09-03-2016), daiheadjai (09-02-2016)
Old 09-02-2016, 03:30 PM   #27
NyC Zn6

Drives: 10 Series #974 6m/t
Thanked 1,141 Times in 669 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
in the first pic it looks so sad with the taillights lol...and pic 3 is so kick ass
NyC Zn6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 04:04 PM   #28
Romanov
Just another BRZ owner

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ Limited MT
Garage
Quote:
Oh dude it really sucks to be the victim of a cliché.
You have no idea.
Attached Images

Follow my Instagram @sal_brz
Romanov is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Romanov For This Useful Post:
daiheadjai (09-02-2016), Tcoat (09-02-2016)