follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southwest

Southwest AZ, NM, NV, OK, TX, UT

User Tag List

Old 06-23-2014, 10:01 PM   #127
OVR_RUN
Decepticon

Drives: 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Another thing, do we want to stay at one Color or do we want to push it up to two colors on the design?

as for shirt color, do we want to just use one across the board, or make it open to anyone can get a color they want?
Old 06-23-2014, 11:59 PM   #128
OVR_RUN
Decepticon

an idea on "Colored" shirts, just to see what they would look like with max two colors:

and this is a one color look to the print

Detail of chest print: (This one is with the outline of the twin instead of the Piston 86 logo)

now this are done with a single color in mind, or two color option as well.

the grey shirts i did and posted earlier are using at least 4 colors, which would make the shirts cost more to produce.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:04 AM   #129
FRS_FIEND
Whats next?

Drives: '13 Asphalt FRS MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
The back is real awesome, minus the 86 piston! I still like the previous front logo From mobious's black shirts that were posted

i think those two would be The perfect Tshirt.
FRS_FIEND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 01:16 AM   #130
FRS_FIEND
Whats next?

Drives: '13 Asphalt FRS MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalamitykode View Post
It's a 6-hour drive to Medina from Tyler lol... But I'll be there. Count me in.
im driving 6 hrs too
FRS_FIEND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 02:13 AM   #131
Extreme86
Live Free, Drive Hard

Drives: 13 BRZ, 19 WRX, 10 GMC, 20 RAV4
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Garage
My gosh...you ppl are gettin' serious with these shirts! Haven't looked at this thread lately this past week. WOW. Lovin' it. They do sell shirts at the Bent Rim Grill but, much prefer to have one of these. On the front...Texas with an 86 in the middle works for me! Simple is sometimes better and less complicated to make when doing a lot of shirts. ??
Old 06-24-2014, 08:51 AM   #132
Dustin
Twin Screw You

Drives: 2013 Supercharged Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme86 View Post
Simple is sometimes better and less complicated to make when doing a lot of shirts. ??
Truth........

The front I think is much better without all the clutter. On the back, only thing I would say is remove the piston logo at the top. To me it seems like adding more stuff just to add more stuff. Maybe change the font at the top "2nd Annual 86 Day" but if stays the same, I'm not too worried about it. And lastly, just an idea if it's possible, maybe just the bottom two logos on the back, the FRS and BRZ logos, put one on each sleeve. FRS on the right sleeve, BRZ on the left or the other way around.
Dustin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dustin For This Useful Post:
Extreme86 (06-24-2014)
Old 06-24-2014, 10:46 AM   #133
mx5 2nr

Drives: FRS/NA1/'12 Mustang/'97 4Runner
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I like the shirt as-is, but if you're open to feedback....

I like the "86 piston" logo at the top of the back actually.. I'd swap out the "2nd annual Tx 86 Day" with the "Twisted Sister's run", in my mind if you recognize those signs, you already know what it is, no need to advertise it further.. It would be cool to put the "scion frs" & "Subaru brz" logos on the sleeves, as mentioned above.. The ft86club at the bottom looks a little tacked on, perhaps use the same ft86 logo at the top of this page?

Honestly, it's impressive as is...
'12 Mustang - wife's
mx5 2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 12:04 PM   #134
OVR_RUN
Decepticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx5 2nr View Post
I like the shirt as-is, but if you're open to feedback....

I like the "86 piston" logo at the top of the back actually.. I'd swap out the "2nd annual Tx 86 Day" with the "Twisted Sister's run", in my mind if you recognize those signs, you already know what it is, no need to advertise it further.. It would be cool to put the "scion frs" & "Subaru brz" logos on the sleeves, as mentioned above.. The ft86club at the bottom looks a little tacked on, perhaps use the same ft86 logo at the top of this page?

Honestly, it's impressive as is...
yea the 86 piston logo i feel works at the top of the back and is the first indication what car it relates too.
as for the Twisted Sisters Run and 2nd Annual TX 86 Day, i can swap the position of the signs with the "Twisted Sisters Run" to where it labels the event before the road signs.

but i think leaving both road signs and name of the run is fitting. Signs are the first thing you see, and if you know or have been on it, you know what it is, but if you have never been, the name is below, which i think helps.

i would love to add the site logo like the top of the page, just dont know who created it or how i can acquire it.
Old 06-24-2014, 12:09 PM   #135
Jyn
Noob

Drives: FR-S Mammogram
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mx5 2nr View Post
It would be cool to put the "scion frs" & "Subaru brz" logos on the sleeves, as mentioned above..
I agree this would be cool, but it would add cost to the shirt from my experience. Just depends on how much people are willing to pay.
Old 06-24-2014, 12:23 PM   #136
OVR_RUN
Decepticon

^^^ yes more colors and sleeve placements will add to cost of final shirt
Old 06-24-2014, 01:30 PM   #137
Extreme86
Live Free, Drive Hard

Drives: 13 BRZ, 19 WRX, 10 GMC, 20 RAV4
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Garage
^^ Quality cotton....simple, concise graphics...easy to read, understand, and produce. No multiple or repeated symbols please - adds clutter IMO. Reasonable, fair price and I'd be in to buy one (but, I'd want it on a black shirt!...more in to escape and evade "stealth mode" than hunter's safety orange!)

I was talking to folks @ Gillman Subaru yesterday...management indicated they are "too small" of a dealership to sponsor any "events". I'm still gonna try to hit them up for a door prize item maybe (even if it's just a subaru cap or something). I bought a friggin' WRX from them yesterday you'd think they'd understand we are promoting their product for heavens sakes! Doubtful they'd pony up cash or anything for shirts even if we'd plaster their name on them. Geez. Anyway, I've got a bunch of twin tear numbered tickets...maybe we can do something like buy a t-shirt and then be entered for a token raffle drawing type of thing to help with the t-shirt sales or charge a nominal fee for tickets to help pay for t-shirt production. So, anybody out there want to solicit or donate some solid useful door prizes to use...feel free to do so! Hit up the Scion dealerships maybe. Also, something like this takes time to do so thinking this t-shirt and door prize drawing "activity" might need to take place when we get to the Bent Rim Grill. You t-shirt guys figure out how you want to work all this from the economic and logistics standpoint...I'll just donate the tickets for you guys to use if you want to generate funds with them to cover costs!!

Dustin, @mx5 2nr asked me earlier if we had planned on having an evening meet somewhere to cap off the day for those who are staying in the area Saturday night. We could do either San Antonio or Austin....anyway, I figure if we did something like that in S.A. we could meet at the Forum shopping center near I35 and Loop 1604 for a 7 - 10 PM type of thing. In the past, security there has been car club friendly as long as everyone is well behaved. Thoughts on this?

Typically, there is a security patrol in there and there are 2 local police departments that cruise the area from time to time, too...and those guys are known to issue tickets for infractions in the parking lot streets! Any mis-behavior with noise or show off driving in there will get us thrown out. It's a well lit and huge, safe parking lot area but, cross the line and pretty sure authorities would react with intolerance and we'd have to leave and relocate....just sayin'.

The logic for doing this evening meet is to give 86ers who had to work on Saturday an opportunity to meet up with the group in the evening or maybe some people are stanced or lowered and don't want to hammer their rides on the curves and dips @ the morning sisters run. Understandable some ppl can't stay for a Sat. night meet but, might be a nice option for an evening photoshoot, etc. for those that do stay. Lots of food establishments in the immediate area to dine at, etc.

And really, this does not have to be a sanctioned 86 day "event" cause we are "all" just 86 enthusiasts; interested in getting together to have dinner somewhere at a nearby establishment and then socialize a bit in the parking lot before heading out!!! We'd pick a spot in the Forum once we have an idea of how many participants we might have Aug. 9th. Just an option to throw out there as a flash meet activity the SATX86 folks often do anyway!

Thanks to everyone for all the good ideas with these shirts and stuff! Impressive work!
Old 06-24-2014, 03:05 PM   #138
OVR_RUN
Decepticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme86 View Post
.......but, I'd want it on a black shirt!...more in to escape and evade "stealth mode" than hunter's safety orange!)
Lol it was just to show how some colors would look and add to the design John ... lol

yea i have a simplified logo on its way shortly
Old 06-24-2014, 06:16 PM   #139
OVR_RUN
Decepticon

Simpler Chest logo
Attached Images

Old 06-24-2014, 06:28 PM   #140
Ramster

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited