follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
BT, dpfarr

Old 10-28-2016, 10:17 AM   #1737
ATL BRZ
Driving Coach

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 4,136 Times in 1,707 Posts
Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_SPEED View Post
my car. 700 dw injectors 65c dw pump. jdl uel headers nameless over/front pipe. stock mid pipe. nameless track pipe. stock motor. upgraded clutch and release fork. is350 3.73 rear diff, OSG LSD and DDS axles.
Any videos of this car in action?
ATL BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ATL BRZ For This Useful Post:
Sargy (10-31-2016)
Old 10-30-2016, 11:01 AM   #1738
Silverstar

Drives: 2013 SS BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Flashed my Delicious Flash and Go tune on Wednesday. This setup is now near perfect. No high idle issues and only an occasional part throttle hesistation.
My goal was to get more power out of the car but not add the little oddities common with modding: stuff not lined up, things that obviously look aftermarket, rattles and noises, etc. This kit nailed it.
Silverstar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silverstar For This Useful Post:
CSG Mike (10-30-2016)
Old 10-30-2016, 03:00 PM   #1739
armstrom

Drives: none
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Glad to hear you got good results with your Delicious tune. I'll be using them for my Harrop setup. I have the same goals for my car. When I picked up my Harrop kit the guy at the shop seemed shocked that my car was bone stock. Some of us just want to round out the performance of an otherwise great stock platform.
-Matt

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk
armstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to armstrom For This Useful Post:
CSG Mike (10-30-2016)
Old 10-30-2016, 07:52 PM   #1740
Im_SPEED

Drives: FRS hot lava
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL BRZ View Post
Any videos of this car in action?
Nope not yet. I'm on worn out re71r. And its been raining. Almost undrivable. Guess I will have to wait tell the spring.
Im_SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 08:13 PM   #1741
Silverstar

Drives: 2013 SS BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by armstrom View Post
Glad to hear you got good results with your Delicious tune. I'll be using them for my Harrop setup. I have the same goals for my car. When I picked up my Harrop kit the guy at the shop seemed shocked that my car was bone stock. Some of us just want to round out the performance of an otherwise great stock platform.
-Matt

That's a pretty good way to describe this kit. My last car had alot more mods, it was a Legacy GT, I did turbo, FP, injectors, clutch, flywheel, CBE, UP, DP, exhaust manifolds, FMIC, springs, brakes, boost solenoid, E85, intake and even meth for a bit. There is some other stuff I'm forgetting in there. The car was wicked fast (I ran 12.3 @116mph with 3/4 a tank, a 40lb tool bag, and two car seats). But it rattled and squeaked, exhaust hit sways when downshifting, it threw CELs in wet weather and ate transmissions.
This car still feels very stock but just faster. I was actually surprised how much faster it feels. I definitely get a bit of that feeling of my seat pushing me forward. Now I just need some dry weather to do some mountain drives.
Silverstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 08:36 PM   #1742
armstrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstar View Post
This car still feels very stock but just faster. I was actually surprised how much faster it feels. I definitely get a bit of that feeling of my seat pushing me forward. Now I just need some dry weather to do some mountain drives.
Yeah, in my case I was shopping the BRZ against the G37 coupe. Now with the Harrop kit I'll be within striking distance of the G37 power and ~900lbs lighter. In my case the Harrop will make a bit less power than an Edelbrock kit (due to larger pulley) but a tad more power is just a smaller pulley away. My last performance car was an MR2 turbo and I got way too deep into the mods on that and never ended up finishing the car due to needing too much custom fab work. I was afraid if I went with a turbo kit on the BRZ I could easily get back to that point
-Matt
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to armstrom For This Useful Post:
CSG Mike (10-31-2016), fguadamuz (11-04-2016)
Old 11-02-2016, 06:51 PM   #1743
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Drives: Edelbrock Equipped - Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,682 Times in 581 Posts
Mentioned: 403 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by armstrom View Post
-Matt

Your tune is en route this afternoon. Looking forward to dialing it in with you!

-Zach
DeliciousTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
armstrom (11-02-2016)
Old 11-02-2016, 07:58 PM   #1744
Xxyion
Lowly Cartuber

Drives: 2016 BRZ, 2005 Honda S2000
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
So i have a question. Is Edelbrock covering just the basic warranty or the powertrain warranty? Because the powertrain warranty on my car is 5 years for my new 2016.

I know this forum post said drivetrain but i dont know if thats different or the same as powertrain.
Xxyion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 10:50 PM   #1745
Freude am Fahren

Drives: '13 DGM BRZ Limited/'14 Yamaha R6
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
The two are similar. Generally drivetrain=gearbox, axles, clutch, etc. Everything that transfers the power of the engine into movement of the car. Powertrain is all of that plus engine. You're powertrain warranty is basically ruined once you install this since nearly anything that goes wrong can be blamed on the increased power and denied.

However, I'm not 100% sure what is covered. Your factory warranty would normally cover things like driveshafts and gearbox. Not sure if the Edelbrock covers the whole powertrain, or just the engine, or what. I assume it's the same as factory for what's covered (other than the length). So people who are worried about their warranty will still buy it.

-XXR 527 18x8.75 +35
-Nameless 2.5" OP/FP Combo (Coming soon) & Axleback
-SBD 500X (Waiting on coating to install)
-Southbend SBD500X Clutch
Freude am Fahren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:30 PM   #1746
armstrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
However, I'm not 100% sure what is covered. Your factory warranty would normally cover things like driveshafts and gearbox. Not sure if the Edelbrock covers the whole powertrain, or just the engine, or what. I assume it's the same as factory for what's covered (other than the length). So people who are worried about their warranty will still buy it.
Go straight to the source: http://www.edelbrock.com/fa20/downlo...l-warranty.pdf

Basically, engine, transmission and rear-end/axles. They do exclude engine electrical problems so the only concern I would have is the dreaded P0016-P0019 error. If it turns out to be a sensor problem Edelbrock would probably deny the claim and having a SC on the engine would probably guarantee Toyota/Subaru won't touch it.
-Matt
The Following User Says Thank You to armstrom For This Useful Post:
CSG Mike (11-03-2016)
Old 11-03-2016, 01:14 AM   #1747
Xxyion
Lowly Cartuber

I understand what is covered I'm just curious if the time also got extended to 5 years. Because if thats the case i'm placing my order now lol
The Following User Says Thank You to Xxyion For This Useful Post:
Silverfox (11-03-2016)
Old 11-03-2016, 01:30 AM   #1748
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,166 Times in 6,828 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
WARRANTY TERM
The contract term shall be the 36 months/36,000 miles, whichever occurs first. The term of months shall be counted from the vehicle’s
original in-service dates.
Quote:
Engine Components:
Covered: Pistons, piston rings, piston pins, crankshaft and bearings, connecting rods and bearings, camshafts and bearings,
timing chain and gears, intake/exhaust valves and seals, valve springs, oil pump, push rods, rocker arms, rocker arm shafts,
lifters, SUPERCHARGER and supercharger system components including supercharger related Edelbrock electrical components
up to the maximum limit of $12,500. If a failure of any of the above parts damages either the engine block or cylinder heads, a
remanufactured long block assembly will be provided subject to the maximum limit of liability applicable.
Non-Covered: Any engine components not specifically listed, including but not limited to, factory electrical components, seals &
gaskets (except cylinder head gaskets), finish on SUPERCHARGER; any parts, filters, fluids etc., that are required to be replaced as
a part of your vehicle’s normal maintenance schedule as published by the manufacturer.
Transmission Components:
Covered: All internally lubricated parts within the transmission to the maximum limit of $2,500.
Non-Covered: Failure of related parts external to the transmission which may cause a transmission claim including, but not limited
to: electrical components; seals & gaskets; transmission coolers; levers; controls; any parts, filters, fluids etc., that are required to
be replaced as a part of your vehicle’s normal maintenance schedule as published by the manufacturer.
Rear Axle Components:
Covered: Rear axle, ring gear, drive pinion, pinion shaft, differential, side gears, bearings, bearing cap, washers, slinger, axle shaft,
housing and housing cover up to the maximum limit of $1,500.
63-1580W Rev. 2/15
NO CLAIMS WILL BE PAID WITHOUT PRIOR AUTHORIZATION: Call (877) 266-3838
Non-Covered: Seals and Gaskets; any parts, filters, fluids etc., that are required to be replaced as a part of your vehicle’s normal
maintenance schedule as published by the manufacturer.
http://www.edelbrock.com/fa20/downlo...l-warranty.pdf
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
Silverfox (11-03-2016)
Old 11-03-2016, 11:56 AM   #1749
Xxyion
Lowly Cartuber

Got it so basically it sounds like rather than taking on Subaru's warranty, Edelbrock just offers their own 3 year warranty (or 36,000 miles) Which doesnt apply if your 86 older than 3 years. If i'm not mistaken.
Old 11-03-2016, 12:10 PM   #1750
armstrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xxyion View Post
Got it so basically it sounds like rather than taking on Subaru's warranty, Edelbrock just offers their own 3 year warranty (or 36,000 miles) Which doesnt apply if your 86 older than 3 years. If i'm not mistaken.
Correct. They basically "wrap" your standard 3/36 warranty from Subaru/Toyota. The 3 years starts from the day you bought your car, not when you bought/installed the Edelbrock kit and the miles are total miles on the car, not miles with the SC.
The easiest way to think of this is Edelbrock is trying to make the kit more attractive by saying, in effect, you will still have the same bumper-to-bumper warranty coverage on your car even if you buy their kit day-one of ownership. They're covering the parts that the car manufacturer would refuse to cover due to the installation of their kit.

And to be pedantic, the age of the car is not important, it's the "in service" date. Technically, you could have found a 2013 car sitting on a lot somewhere and only purchased it in 2015 (unlikely, but not impossible). The warranty period would start from the date the car was first sold/registered, not when it was made.

-Matt