follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 12-05-2014, 04:40 PM   #43
tahdizzle
So elite I'm 1338

Drives: WRB Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,934 Times in 982 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevman_101 View Post
You think a Kia Optima handles better then a Mazda 6? LOL

You saying it doesn't?
Old 12-05-2014, 04:43 PM   #44
tahdizzle
So elite I'm 1338

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jond63 View Post
I'd be willing to bet that in an autocross between all those sedans , the Mazda6 would win. Assuming the same competent driver of course.

That Zoom-Zoom ain't no joke, haha!

/sarcasm?

Or do you really think a mazda 6 grand touring is going to be better than a subaru legacy 3.6r in an autoX course?
Old 12-05-2014, 05:01 PM   #45
mhughett

Drives: 2015 Crystal White BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I'd like to know who thinks that a Nissan Juke, Toyota Corolla, Chevy Impala and Dodge Dart actually "look fast".
mhughett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 05:04 PM   #46
themadscientist
Hotlink Terrorist

Drives: 2015 WRB BRZ Spec S
Thanked 2,624 Times in 1,196 Posts
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdd View Post
I just see it as Merica supporting Merican products because they are losing so much market share here in North America. If you take the rednecks of Merica out of the mix, I don't think anybody WANTS to drive Merican automobiles.

Some people just prefer a horribly inefficient V8 to a properly tuned flat 4. Why? 'cause Merica!
So much silliness here it boggles the mind.

Go look for a new Mustang and test your theory. After he pulls over and waits for 15 minutes for you to catch up, you can brag about how much gas you saved while he was stomping a mud hole in your ass.

I'm sure people are sticking LS1s in everything because they come from America. Dude, you exhibit the same blind allegiance to a product that you claim motivates others. Don't be so painfully ironic.
themadscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to themadscientist For This Useful Post:
8R6 (12-05-2014), frsvr4 (12-05-2014)
Old 12-05-2014, 05:07 PM   #47
tahdizzle
So elite I'm 1338

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by themadscientist View Post
So much silliness here it boggles the mind.

Go look for a new Mustang and test your theory. After he pulls over and waits for 15 minutes for you to catch up, you can brag about how much gas you saved while he was stomping a mud hole in your ass.

I'm sure people are sticking LS1s in everything because they come from America. Dude, you exhibit the same blind allegiance to a product that you claim motivates others. Don't be so painfully ironic.

When you point a finger, 3 more point back at you.
Old 12-05-2014, 05:13 PM   #48
themadscientist
Hotlink Terrorist

Truth is truth. Don't hate the messenger. And I point like Tosh.

Old 12-05-2014, 05:28 PM   #49
tahdizzle
So elite I'm 1338

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by themadscientist View Post
Truth is truth. Don't hate the messenger. And I point like Tosh.

What truth are you speaking of? This isn't a Twin vs. XXXX thread.

The post you quoted said a "Tuned flat 4".

I know of a couple tuned flat 4's that screams "That dude is a mustang fanboi!".
Old 12-05-2014, 05:30 PM   #50
tahdizzle
So elite I'm 1338

Garage
Wait, @themadscientist doesn't even own a twin.

If you're looking to troll some car forums, you picked the right place. We eat it up here.
Old 12-05-2014, 05:31 PM   #51
themadscientist
Hotlink Terrorist

oooooh, "tuned." Scary. Please continue, I'm entertained.
Old 12-05-2014, 05:32 PM   #52
themadscientist
Hotlink Terrorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahdizzle View Post
Wait, @themadscientist doesn't even own a twin.

If you're looking to troll some car forums, you picked the right place. We eat it up here.
You should search.

And, QFT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRGT86 View Post
when truth becomes "hating"... h8rz g0nna h8
Old 12-05-2014, 05:43 PM   #53
chaoskaze
The Fail Boat

Drives: CWP S.B.
Thanked 1,293 Times in 873 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Thing is the advertisment for north american market emphasis strongly on 0-60 time (which in our car requires an extra shift) pretty sure twins dont get slower after passing 80-90 miles like most other car in their comparison... cuz our car aint geared toward low end torque or 0-60 time. Just saying cuz I used to drive a camry......and that thing doesnt wanna move after passing 85miles on odometer.
chaoskaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 05:46 PM   #54
tahdizzle
So elite I'm 1338

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoskaze View Post
Thing is the advertisment for north american market emphasis strongly on 0-60 time (which in our car requires an extra shift) pretty sure twins dont get slower after passing 80-90 miles like most other car in their comparison... cuz our car aint geared toward low end torque or 0-60 time. Just saying cuz I used to drive a camry......and that thing doesnt wanna move after passing 85miles on speedometer.
FIFY
The Following User Says Thank You to tahdizzle For This Useful Post:
chaoskaze (12-08-2014)
Old 12-05-2014, 05:51 PM   #55
themadscientist
Hotlink Terrorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoskaze View Post
Thing is the advertisment for north american market emphasis strongly on 0-60 time (which in our car requires an extra shift) pretty sure twins dont get slower after passing 80-90 miles like most other car in their comparison... cuz our car aint geared toward low end torque or 0-60 time. Just saying cuz I used to drive a camry......and that thing doesnt wanna move after passing 85miles on odometer.
I was reading a piece on the marketing strategy stateside on the cars and they have really screwed this up. You have a great platform, easily the most balanced car off the showroom floor I have ever driven, and some dipshit wants to sell it like a Camaro. Couple that with dealers who similarly have no idea what the product is and talk at their customers rather than listen to what matters to them and the sales figures are actually astonishing as they come DESPITE the marketing.

Both the dealers I worked with owned BRZs themselves. Both were as excited as I was about the car and happy to let me sit in it and discuss their philosophies on the car. They were themselves fans of the car and driving enthusiasts and that made it even easier to decide to buy the car. Unlike some, I knew what the car was and that's what I was after. When my buddies asked me about my day long test drive of the rental I summed it up thus. "I don't have to change a damned thing. Subaru built ME a car."
Old 12-05-2014, 05:53 PM   #56
strat61caster
-

Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Thanked 9,479 Times in 4,998 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahdizzle View Post
/sarcasm?

Or do you really think a mazda 6 grand touring is going to be better than a subaru legacy 3.6r in an autoX course?
I was content letting it go that there is more competition out there than I expected, but then I started digging into your claims. Not only does that vehicle cost ten thousand dollarsmore than the base Mazda6, it didn't actually compare very well according to Car and Driver.

Quote:
But as a smaller company, Subaru would serve the Legacy well by leveraging a tad more of the zing found in its cult models. Rethinking the CVT would be a good place to start, because it only lowers the bar for the 3.6R. As it stands now, the Legacy 3.6R feels more like a sedan version of the Outback than a true competitor to mid-size stalwarts such as the Honda Accord and the Mazda 6.
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...ed-test-review

The Subaru weighs 600 lbs. more, no manual transmission option, has a longer braking distance and loses out on the skidpad by 0.08g. Yes I'll take the Mazda. The victor will be determined mostly by the track layout and if it rewards power or handling, at least at the end of the day odds are I'll have a bigger smile getting out of the Mazda than the Subie even if I am slower.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...rt-test-review

In a heads up comparison of fully loaded four bangers they gave the 6 the nod over the Accord:
http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...e-specs-page-4

Quote:
It also loves a challenge, responding swiftly and predictably to stern commands. Although skidpad grip and slalom times are identical to the Accord’s, the 6 achieves those numbers with more confidence. Grip is more consistent, slides start later, and tighter body control makes the 6 feel more athletic on the canyon roads north of Los Angeles where we compared the two.
strat61caster is offline   Reply With Quote