follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 04-25-2016, 12:11 PM   #71
RichardsFRS

Drives: 2013 Pearl White 6MT
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Your next post will be

Engine blown!
Old 04-25-2016, 12:22 PM   #72
beat1

Drives: 2022 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I have never been on a forum that talkshit their own engine/car that much, it's crazy. Jesus fucking christ.

Justin, you obviously don't know Vit and trying to making him look bad by twisting HP/PSI you don't seems to understand is just retarded. Yes hes a well known tuner and probably the best in the honda community but thats not just it, he tuned plenty of ford, subaru, nissan, mazda, has his own dyno, wrote his own firmware...

I've known him for 6 years now and if one of the things I learned is he doesnt bullshit, even if it breaks your dream, he will tell you the truth.

I'm glad hes testing this platform and pushing the limit, someone has to do it, right? He's not claiming the FA20 is a god engine, but it's not the worst engine on earth like some people seems to think.
beat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 01:48 PM   #73
#maverick#

Drives: 2006 Pontiac GP (SOLD), 2014 FR-S
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
500 is impressive but @FRS Justin just may have a little surprise for you guys when he posts his dyno sheets lol. The shit he has helped develop for this motor and push them into the next level of power, I love it how you guys talk shit LOL
CSG Mike (04-25-2016), FRS Justin (04-25-2016)
Old 04-25-2016, 02:21 PM   #74
FRS Justin

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FRS
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by beat1 View Post
I have never been on a forum that talkshit their own engine/car that much, it's crazy. Jesus fucking christ.

Justin, you obviously don't know Vit and trying to making him look bad by twisting HP/PSI you don't seems to understand is just retarded. Yes hes a well known tuner and probably the best in the honda community but thats not just it, he tuned plenty of ford, subaru, nissan, mazda, has his own dyno, wrote his own firmware...

I've known him for 6 years now and if one of the things I learned is he doesnt bullshit, even if it breaks your dream, he will tell you the truth.

I'm glad hes testing this platform and pushing the limit, someone has to do it, right? He's not claiming the FA20 is a god engine, but it's not the worst engine on earth like some people seems to think.
Everything I posted were direct repost from the source I'm not twisting anything..

I'm not trying to make anyone look bad he does that by posting a load of BS and none of it adds up consistently, some people are educated and can keep up on this forum....
First it's, I made 500 hp then its at the crank then the dyno doesn't even say that he made 500hp then his clutch slips then I drive it at 500hp on the street you don't know how I drive 500hp is easy to hook up on the street then its I'm detuned to 340hp because I cant get E85

IF one person says something he doesn't like and he goes crazy on them , what a tool...... I gave him countless praise on his accomplishments software and Honda tuning, then I make a statement that the motor won't handle this type of power and I'm the bad guy getting called all sorts of things. I'm not angry as many people know me and what I do and laugh about it too but I wish he would have handled himself more like a adult dealing with me and the others....

As far as pushing the limits that was done years ago by others.

Visconti, Motoeast, Delicious Tuning those are some of the real pioneers on this platform, those are the ones pushing limits, NOT Vit........ He's a infant in the 86 tuning platform.

I'm glad you took the time and voiced your opinion
Cheers
FRS Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 02:25 PM   #75
VitViper

Drives: '15 FRS
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS Justin View Post
Look man talk all the mad smack on me you want I offered to settle it on a track and all I get is the sound of crickets, and at the same time no one cares about crank hp numbers. so next time you tell everyone that you make 500 "CRANK" hp and have 12k on the setup be sure to let them know you detuned it to 340 whp on the street......

So I gather from your post you hooking up 500hp never really happened, its your clutch slipping, and you never really made 500whp.
"Right now the car is down on E20 as I've been driving it in areas where there are no E85 stations, so making about 12psi of boost (~340whp). The car made ~490 on 17.8psi running out of fuel on E77 before I installed the fuel return and the clutch slipped on the dyno.. 15-16psi makes 460-470whp (Over "500" at the crank for the trolls as our stock baseline is 150whp here on the 200hp rated car).
You Claim 500hp on your post on page 2 but after you enlarge the pic it says 480ISH SO if I have read this right you make 340@12 psi 460 to 470@15 to 16 psi and 480 to 490@17.8 psi
so you gain 130hp in 4psi from 12 to 16psi then make only 10hp from 16 to 17.8psi????

The ONLY reason this motor doesn't see 18-20psi now that I have a fuel return is the clutch (ACT 6 puck) doesn't hold 400wtq+. I'm at the limit of the clutch -- and as it's a street car, I'm not really interested in stepping up to a twin at the moment. "

I guess I should have paid more attention to the "ish" part as 500 isn't on the table....SMH Well this is 10 minutes of my life I will never get back
I also have decided not to waste my and your time at the track as it would be a absolute waste of gas to get there.......... I'm done flame on hero.....

I know you're type -- lots of free time and thinks he's very good at twisting words to his own interpretation. A+ for troll effort.

This is from the other week.

Do you even know what you're looking at?

Do you want to see what timing map I'm running too (ECU with a real sync)? And what VVT as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by #maverick# View Post
500 is impressive but @FRS Justin just may have a little surprise for you guys when he posts his dyno sheets lol. The shit he has helped develop for this motor and push them into the next level of power, I love it how you guys talk shit LOL

If he can't hook 500 on the street, I'm not going to be surprised by anything, lol. His attitude on this whole forum is just "talk".
VitViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 02:35 PM   #76
FRS Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitViper View Post
I know you're type -- lots of free time and thinks he's very good at twisting words to his own interpretation. A+ for troll effort.

This is from the other week.

Do you even know what you're looking at?

Do you want to see what timing map I'm running too (ECU with a real sync)? And what VVT as well?

If he can't hook 500 on the street, I'm not going to be surprised by anything, lol. His attitude on this whole forum is just "talk".
Were those not your quotes, are saying that they are modified???
Call me troll all you want but if I was you, I would spend a little more time explaining what your trying to say because the facts are these are your direct quotes and that's that
EDIT:
I have done more for this platform than you ever will it's not my fault you don't know what I have done and you look like a child shooting your mouth off
"Just talk" is what you are doing PLEASE tell everyone what you have done that hasn't been done before. That's right absolutely nothing hero.......SMH
Old 04-25-2016, 02:47 PM   #77
VitViper

Quote:
Were those not your quotes, are saying that they are modified???
Call me troll all you want but if I was you, I would spend a little more time explaining what your trying to say because the facts are these are your direct quotes and that's that
I did not say anything you said -- you grossly paraphrased everything. You twisted and interpreted my comments to suit your agenda. Even assume to know more about the car than we do, haha. That's average troll behavior.

It's pointless to discuss anything with you -- you are obviously quite dense and disagree with anything that doesn't suit said agenda. I'll continue to enjoy our car in the same fashion an average FRS/BRZ does (which isn't tracking the car every day ).
Old 04-25-2016, 02:49 PM   #78
VitViper

Quote:
EDIT:
I have done more for this platform than you ever will it's not my fault you don't know what I have done and you look like a child shooting your mouth off
"Just talk" is what you are doing
PLEASE tell everyone what you have done that hasn't been done before. That's right absolutely nothing hero.......SMH
The irony of this bold part.
Old 04-25-2016, 03:11 PM   #79
FRS Justin

Quote:
I did not say anything you said -- you grossly paraphrased everything. You twisted and interpreted my comments to suit your agenda. Even assume to know more about the car than we do, haha. That's average troll behavior.

It's pointless to discuss anything with you -- you are obviously quite dense and disagree with anything that doesn't suit said agenda. I'll continue to enjoy our car in the same fashion an average FRS/BRZ does (which isn't tracking the car every day ).
What exactly is my agenda? I'm not selling anything here. How is stating that the FA20 will not last long at 500hp have anything to do with a agenda???
If me posting your exact quotes is twisting things I am guilty but you said it not me. If you misspoke that's on you not me. Quit trying to back out of what you said man up. Look I'm not hating on you, stop making it personal. You say things you have absolutely no knowledge on then call me dense and say I'm a troll without ever going back and clarifying any of your comments.. Do you even know how that makes you look? You dig your hole deeper like that, I would love to know more about what your doing, and ideas you have to make this platform greater but no way in hell am I going to sit here and let you speak to me like this. Nor would I expect you too either. I'm not trolling I just refuse to take your shit and you cant handle it.....I suggest we move on and stop with the excuses and trolling comments along with the personal attacks.

EDIT: I did find one thing I like ALOT about your tuning. That's your anti-lag, its one of the better ones I have seen, comes on quick and it's clean. How many psi can you make?
Old 04-25-2016, 03:29 PM   #80
blueap2

Drives: '14 FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
The FA20 will bend/break rods with forced induction

/argument

Congrats on those numbers.
blueap2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blueap2 For This Useful Post:
FRS Justin (04-25-2016)
Old 04-25-2016, 03:39 PM   #81
#maverick#

Quote:

As some one who has close to 100 passes on the street at near 500 whp, on surfaces from fresh asphalt to prepped concrete, hooking it in first and and sometimes half of second is a challenge, and this is with a 15" wheel and a 26" drag, albeit stock suspension. They only way got it to kind of hook first was by spraying concrete down with pimp juice, setting it on fire, and then throwing some rubber down with a fat smokey burnout.

You guys are having a great big miscommunication for what I can see.
CSG Mike (04-25-2016)
Old 04-25-2016, 04:17 PM   #82
VitViper

Quote:
Originally Posted by #maverick# View Post
As some one who has close to 100 passes on the street at near 500 whp, on surfaces from fresh asphalt to prepped concrete, hooking it in first and and sometimes half of second is a challenge, and this is with a 15" wheel and a 26" drag, albeit stock suspension. They only way got it to kind of hook first was by spraying concrete down with pimp juice, setting it on fire, and then throwing some rubber down with a fat smokey burnout.

You guys are having a great big miscommunication for what I can see.
"100 passes on the street" -- are these some sort of street racing events? If you're dumping the clutch from high RPM and breaking the tire loose, any car will have traction issues... This is not the same thing as laying into it in 1st gear and letting the car go. You sound like you're intelligent enough to understand the difference.

The 1000hp K20 MR2 we work on runs a 225/50/15 MT ET Street and his car dead hooks over 600whp in 1st gear, lol.

Not being able to hook a measly 500hp on the street is a FWD problem... when running a boring summer street tire. 26" radials on my 910whp Civic hook a lot of power, just fine

Quote:
What exactly is my agenda? I'm not selling anything here. How is stating that the FA20 will not last long at 500hp have anything to do with a agenda???
If me posting your exact quotes is twisting things I am guilty but you said it not me. If you misspoke that's on you not me. Quit trying to back out of what you said man up. Look I'm not hating on you, stop making it personal. You say things you have absolutely no knowledge on then call me dense and say I'm a troll without ever going back and clarifying any of your comments.. Do you even know how that makes you look? You dig your hole deeper like that, I would love to know more about what your doing, and ideas you have to make this platform greater but no way in hell am I going to sit here and let you speak to me like this. Nor would I expect you too either. I'm not trolling I just refuse to take your shit and you cant handle it.....I suggest we move on and stop with the excuses and trolling comments along with the personal attacks.
You're paraphrasing what I state to suit your own angle. Waste of my time to keep going back and forth with you. Simple fact, this is a Flex Fuel car that at the driver's needs (mine) will go back and forth in a range of power as low as 300whp and just shy of 500whp (~485-490whp on 18psi) with our baseline dyno of 150whp for this car stock.

When E85 is available, it gets used. When it's not available and the tank is low, it gets filled with 92 octane. What do you do when you're about to run out of fuel and you're 160 miles from home? Call a tow? LOL

That's all there is to it. No one can tell us when this motor will break. Sure it'll break eventually -- I've already stated several times: WHO CARES? Clearly you do... lol.

Quote:
EDIT: I did find one thing I like ALOT about your tuning. That's your anti-lag, its one of the better ones I have seen, comes on quick and it's clean. How many psi can you make?
As much as I want -- I've made as much as 36psi on a 64mm turbo with this anti-lag on other cars in ~.5-.7 seconds or so. Never pushed the FRS past 12psi on the anti-lag, no need.
The Following User Says Thank You to VitViper For This Useful Post:
FRS Justin (04-25-2016)
Old 04-25-2016, 04:27 PM   #83
#maverick#

Quote:
"100 passes on the street" -- are these some sort of street racing events? If you're dumping the clutch from high RPM and breaking the tire loose, any car will have traction issues... This is not the same thing as laying into it in 1st gear and letting the car go. You sound like you're intelligent enough to understand the difference.

The 1000hp K20 MR2 we work on runs a 225/50/15 MT ET Street and his car dead hooks over 600whp in 1st gear, lol.

Not being able to hook a measly 500hp on the street is a FWD problem... when running a boring summer street tire. 26" radials on my 910whp Civic hook a lot of power, just fine
Street passes, I dont dump the clutch, in fact I preload with the hand brake and slip it out. Dead hooking on a track is different from the street my car hooks just fine on the track its on the street where you have issues.
CSG Mike (04-25-2016), FRS Justin (04-25-2016)
Old 04-25-2016, 04:36 PM   #84
#maverick#

For drag racing fuck manual, I am going with a TH400 with a reverse manual valve body and a trans brake, and for the rear end going with a 31 spline 8.8 fucked around with by strange with a 4.11 gear and a detroit locker. Full on drag car, time to go fast no more ****ing around
FRS Justin (04-25-2016)