follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 03-16-2014, 12:22 AM   #939
CHERIMOYAS

Drives: Dark gray auto limited BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hi!! My name is Elizabeth. I got my dark gray 2014 auto BRZ limited Sunday and love it! I'm from Southern California and totally noticed the fellow Irvine BRZ drivers on the road and how they're so friendly. Looking forward to car tips on maintenance and other nifty things with this fun car.
CHERIMOYAS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CHERIMOYAS For This Useful Post:
dbrandt01 (03-16-2014)
Old 03-16-2014, 01:12 AM   #940
akiranakayama

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited (CBS)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Hey guys, Seattle member here. Just picked my 2014 Crystal Black Silica BRZ Limited up from the dealer. Loving it so far. In my stable I have a 1996 Mazda Miata and a 2006 Lotus Exige (with a supercharged Honda K24A2 powerplant). I was using the Miata as a daily but it is pretty stripped out and got tired of not having a back seat. So I finally pulled the trigger on the BRZ. It drives great! I see what people are saying about it being down on power but, it is perfect for me! Though, I gotta say, maybe it's my limited seat time in it, but the Miata still beats it for feeling connected to the car and road. And of course, the Lotus beats the Miata (except the shifter, the Lotus one is crap, the Miata's awesome.)

I will most likely be keeping it stock for the foreseeable future. I just want something sporty and fun to drive and not be modding it constantly and having it torn apart. At the most I can see myself doing intake, full exhaust system (for the boxer rumble), and wheels + suspension. I know that may sound like a lot of mods to some, but coming from the Miata and the Exige, it's light!

I look forward to being part of the community!
akiranakayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:00 PM   #941
FT911

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited CBS
Garage
Hey everyone, I'm Augustine and I'm 19. I got my 2014 Black BRZ Limited (manual of course) on the sixth. It's my first car. I've been lurking on the forum since. I love these cars. I learned how to drive in a 88' 911 and as soon as I got in this car I felt right at home.

I ordered some LED interior lights, but other then that I'm keeping it stock for a little. I'm a little afraid to void the warranty as I don't know how that works.

Anyways I'm a machinist too and I look forward to doing more than lurking here.
FT911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:40 AM   #942
fatrab

Drives: Subaru BRZ SE Lux Auto
Hi folks,

Just thought I'd pop in and say Hi, unfortunately the VVti fault brought me here in the search for more info (my car went in to my local dealership today).

I'm involved with the GT86OC over in the UK and some of the users here will know me already!

Red BRZ Auto with AVO turbo, 4.67FD, STi springs, Five Axis S7:F wheels, HKS filter

Cheers!
fatrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:30 PM   #943
Driften

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited, 2010 Forester XT
Quote:
Originally Posted by akiranakayama View Post
Hey guys, Seattle member here. Just picked my 2014 Crystal Black Silica BRZ Limited up from the dealer. Loving it so far. In my stable I have a 1996 Mazda Miata
That sounds like my story! I live in the general Seattle area (Issaquah) and just bought a Satin White Perl 2014 BRZ Limited yesterday. It had 5 miles on it when I got it.

My other car is a 1996 M Edition Miata which I am going to put up for sale. The BRZ is more comfortable for me and easier to get in and out of. I will be 52 in June and easier access is good. The Miata is not so bad with the top down but the large part of the year of top up driving was killing me. It will also be nicer to have the BRZ on rainy days. The BRZ is quieter then the Miata (not as quiet as our Forester XT) and I love how flat it corners.

I really love my BRZ...
Driften is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:55 AM   #944
codesplice
Elite Recognized Geek

Drives: 2014 DGM BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Hi, my name is codesplice, and I drive a BRZ.

It's entirely @Mitch's fault that I'm here. He started me on a slippery slope almost ten years ago when he helped me debadge my 2001 Saab 9-3 hatch... which then devolved into a modified project car for almost ten years. It was a lot of fun, but had lately been starting to show its age (and status), and I started to look for something else. Once again, Mitch swooped in with hugely positive comments about his gorgeous BRZ (the first that I had ever seen at the time he brought it to my wedding in 2012). I took one for a brief test drive at my fantastic local Subaru dealer (I'll definitely be commenting more on that in the whitelist thread) and immediately fell in love (for reasons you all know). It took a bit of convincing the wife that we could afford such an "impractical gokart", but with no kids in the picture and a really sleek Saab 9-5 wagon for her to drive she eventually came around.

So this followed me home at the end of February:

2014 Subaru BRZ Limited Manual

This is by far the most fun I've had in a car. I'm trying resist the urge to modify it (this whole "warranty" thing is a pretty new concept for me!), but I do want to read up and learn more about it; Mitch, yet again, told me to come here. So here I am, eager to learn just what makes this beauty tick.

Thanks for having me

In case anyone is interested in a further crashcourse in ME: I work as a systems administrator in Huntsville, AL. I'm an Android enthusiast, a countermeasures nut, a Tolkien nerd, and also pretty into guns.

Last edited by codesplice; 03-21-2014 at 04:47 PM.
codesplice is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to codesplice For This Useful Post:
FLIPs_FR-S (03-18-2014)
Old 03-18-2014, 03:46 PM   #945
akiranakayama

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited (CBS)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driften View Post
That sounds like my story! I live in the general Seattle area (Issaquah) and just bought a Satin White Perl 2014 BRZ Limited yesterday. It had 5 miles on it when I got it.

My other car is a 1996 M Edition Miata which I am going to put up for sale. The BRZ is more comfortable for me and easier to get in and out of. I will be 52 in June and easier access is good. The Miata is not so bad with the top down but the large part of the year of top up driving was killing me. It will also be nicer to have the BRZ on rainy days. The BRZ is quieter then the Miata (not as quiet as our Forester XT) and I love how flat it corners.

I really love my BRZ...
I hear ya. I also have a 2006 Lotus Exige that is way easier to get into than the Miata is. So I am selling the Miata now... Looks like there will be two M-Editions on the market in Seattle...
2007 Suzuki SV650 (Track bike.)
akiranakayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:58 PM   #946
kstubsBRZ

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Hey guys, just joined the forum and I am stoked to say that I have purchased by BRZ limited silver in January 2014. The more I drive it, the more I fall in love. Stoked to be sharing the forum with all of you who share the love for a true drivers car. As far as my car goes, I have the parts ordered for a new Perrin CAI and the Perrin 2.5 inch unresonated Catback exhaust which should be here soon. I love my BRZ and I am excited to bring my new whip to the next subifest!
kstubsBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 03:37 PM   #947
Kliph

Drives: 2014 MT Silver BRZ
Greetings All,

Just back from the dealership. My new 2014 Silver BRZ will be delivered in about 2 weeks. I'm moving up from a 2011 Impreza.

Really looking forward to it!!

................Kliph
Kliph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:33 PM   #948
sobrz

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Hi All,

I'm sobrz, and I got myself a '13 BRZ last Christmas.

Mods so far:
- Perrin Catback
- 17lb Enkeis wrapped in Dunlop Direzza ZIIs
- Racecomp Yellows

Now it just desperately needs the JR supercharger, but that has to wait until next Christmas
Attached Images

Last edited by sobrz; 03-19-2014 at 04:48 PM.
sobrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 05:03 PM   #949
DavidBob

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Hi everyone, names Dave

Got a 2013 WRB Subaru BRZ 6MT
Made a thread about how i got it if anyones interested.
DavidBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 07:33 AM   #950
wrestlingod302

Drives: 2014 Pearl Blue BRZ Limited
Hello everyone.

My name is Lorenzo. I'm 25 married and work in IT. I've read through a lot of forums on here since I got my BRZ back in December and figured it's time to join. I had a '97 Nissan Altima before this, so my BRZ is my first fun car. I also have a 2012 ninja.

I look forward to talking with you all and getting to know you and pick your brains.

If there is ever anything I can do please let me know.

Have a wonderful Friday and weekend.

Lorenzo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wrestlingod302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 05:56 PM   #951
fduboss302

Drives: 2013 Boss 302, 2014 WRB BRZ Limited
Cool

Hi all ,

I'm Frank and I just drove to work from the dealer this morning with a 2014 WRB BRZ Limited 6 speed. Pictures and comparisons to my weekend car (2013 Mustang Boss 302 w/ torsen) to follow in a separate thread later.

I had read a response to Driving Vancouver's BRZ review thread a while back and this summarizes my position on toy cars pretty well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawnathin View Post
Yup, I think there is a lot of 'grass is greener' within the car enthusiast realm.

Enthusiasts who haven't or don't own a high powered car always think 'If a little more HP is good, then a lot more is better', and lust after those big bragging rights horsepower numbers. Even if it compromises reliability, driveability, and maintenance.

Then guys with expensive high powered cars let them sit in the garage because fuel economy is bad, too loud, concerned about wear, maintenance is high, can't really use all the power on the street, etc. These are often heavier and bigger cars. Then they wish for something a little more tame and nimble that can be used everyday.

I've been on both sides of the fence and feel I have a pretty good balance now with having one of each. Both are thrilling in their own way and I'm always excited to drive either car around. No matter what I take out, I feel like I'm winning.

There are a few cars that fit between the two and even fewer that do it well, but even then, they're not objectively better than cars that are deep into either category.
Since I have a heavy car with lots of power and mechanical grip that soaks up bumps pretty nicely, I don't particularly have a longing for more power out of the BRZ.

This is my DD (replacing my outgoing crashed 2001 NB Miata, RIP) and I can tell I'm gonna love it. It feels light despite being a bit heavier than my NB Miata but the chassis is significantly stiffer than my NB with rollbar and the car is just nice overall inside and out. Also I'm glad I have some semblance of highway passing power now.

A couple of weird notes, the dead pedal zone especially from a stop. I saw the Perrin pump the gas pedal 20 times without starting the car thread. The 3K+-4500??? RPM torque dip is pretty noticeable (I haven't been bouncing off redline everywhere but I certainly don't baby the cars everywhere like some do during breakin)

First mods I can think of are the sound tube delete and rear backup camera. Will hit an autocross and a track day after the first oil change at 1200 miles or so.
fduboss302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 06:18 PM   #952
fduboss302

Drives: 2013 Boss 302, 2014 WRB BRZ Limited
Thumbs up

Some quick photos.

And a photo of the weekend car. Boss photo courtesy of Mike Knudsen. Haven't had the two cars in the same place this weekend so no size comparison pics yet.

fduboss302 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fduboss302 For This Useful Post:
CoolBReeZe (03-23-2014)