follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 01-31-2017, 12:33 PM   #29
finch1750
Undisputed El Presidente

Drives: Zenki 37J ZN6
Thanked 9,397 Times in 5,261 Posts
Mentioned: 374 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Do not read as angry, condescending, sarcastic or any other way. Legit question out of interest:

Why would the dealer cover reprograming for you to have a harness? Not a warranty issue.
They may not even touch it for liability reasons.
Dealers charge labor to deal with techstream changes, but I doubt they will mess with a safety device. I had a friend turn mine off

"Just like how a strut bar somehow enables you to corner 20MPH faster around a cloverleaf on-ramp, when the reality is, you can do it already but you just don't have to balls to do it." - CSG David
finch1750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 05:30 PM   #30
Captain Curt

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S Base MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Do not read as angry, condescending, sarcastic or any other way. Legit question out of interest:

Why would the dealer cover reprograming for you to have a harness? Not a warranty issue.
They may not even touch it for liability reasons.
Yeah that does sound odd, doesn't it? lol I've been going to the particular dealer that the warranty and car were originally ordered from and they've helped me with tons of out-of-warranty stuff. So far they've changed the oil, lifted the car to fix an issue that needed to be welded with my SRT exhaust and even gave me a bolt that I lost when replacing my brake pads all of those issues were free of charge. I don't know what that warranty covers, so far they've been super helpful. It could also be that I tip each tech to touch the car with 2 cases of beer, so...
Captain Curt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 06:01 PM   #31
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Curt View Post
Yeah that does sound odd, doesn't it? lol I've been going to the particular dealer that the warranty and car were originally ordered from and they've helped me with tons of out-of-warranty stuff. So far they've changed the oil, lifted the car to fix an issue that needed to be welded with my SRT exhaust and even gave me a bolt that I lost when replacing my brake pads all of those issues were free of charge. I don't know what that warranty covers, so far they've been super helpful. It could also be that I tip each tech to touch the car with 2 cases of beer, so...
Ahhhh so not warranty work "customer appreciation" work. I don't give my guys beer (cost to much here) but it is coffees for everybody when I go in. I also get top notch service and bumped to the front of the line when I want anything done. This one they may not be able to do for you though since it is a safety device.