follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 01-04-2019, 05:59 AM   #7687
JD001

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Thanked 6,183 Times in 3,472 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan... View Post
Hey guys!

Currently I'm down to an '07 Range Rover Sport, '10 VW Golf 2.5, '96 Grand Cherokee, and an '89 BMW 325i, as well as a couple motorcycles (Ducati ST4 and a '79 Harley Lowrider).

I'm in the process of getting rid of the 325i, Golf, and probably the Range Rover. I'll be looking for an FRS/BRZ in the lower range of prices, $13-15k, then rock the Grand Cherokee throughout our beautiful Wisconsin winters

Notable past cars that I really enjoyed:
2000 Porsche 911
2000 BMW M5
1998 and '95 M3
2002 WRX w/a lot of mods
and then quite a few sport bikes as well.
Wow!! A whole bunch of cars and bikes!! When do you find the time to use them all....
JD001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 06:28 AM   #7688
Ryan...

Drives: White and large
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD001 View Post
Wow!! A whole bunch of cars and bikes!! When do you find the time to use them all....
The Rover is my daily, the VW is up for sale but was splitting time as a daily before winter, E30 has been an ongoing project forever, the Ducati gets a ton of miles during the warmer months, and the Harley just kind of sits around and never really runs right

The Jeep is being loaned out to a family member that was having car issues, so I'll be getting it back here shortly when their car is finally fixed.

In talking with the soon-to-be-fiance, my dream garage right now would be an LR4 and an FRS. I figure $30k would get me into two nice used examples of those, and I would be very happy with that!
Ryan... is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan... For This Useful Post:
JD001 (01-04-2019)
Old 01-04-2019, 12:57 PM   #7689
jrb363

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S
I finally purchased the FR-S that I've been patiently waiting to own for years. Life has a way of getting in it's own way sometimes...but I finally pulled the trigger and couldn't be happier!

2015 Scion FR-S, bone stock, 3rd owner, low miles

It's been a blast driving it to/from work and is a great runabout around town.

It pairs nicely with my manual 2000 BMW Z3 Roadster. That car is a beauty that I don't want to pile the miles on (only 64k) so the FR-S fit the bill perfectly for my daily manual fix. The Z3 is a one owner, garage kept beauty that gets my TLC. It's not a good fit for daily driving around here and it stays in the garage in the winter. However, the manual had me wanting a fun daily that was also a bit sporty but not over the top, this the FR-S.

I always loved the styling but finding a clean, stock, low-milage example under $20k has been a chore. So, when I found this priced ready to move one an hour away, I jumped on it.

I test drove the first FR-S in my Greensboro, NC area many years ago and loved it. Almost bought a 2013 a few years ago but was saving for a house. Priorities, eh?

So glad to finally join and feel like I can participate here. Anyway...thanks for reading!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
jrb363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 12:10 PM   #7690
Interlocker

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86 860
(Warning: Long-winded and rambling intro below)

Longtime BMW guy here who recently (mid 2017) made the move from nearly 20 years of RWD ownership to the world of AWD with a VW Mk7 Golf R.

Don't get me wrong... It's a great car and a great daily driver. I love all the tech, the torque is pretty addicting, and it's a riot in the snow. We just don't get a lot of snow here, and while it's much better on track than I expected, it's still not super rewarding. Fast and capable, but having owned four E36 M3s since 1999, it's nowhere near that sort of feel.

I've been very much into the idea of the BRZ/86 since it was was just a rumor. The only thing that prevented me from going with a new one in '17 was the minuscule rear seat. The only car I've ever genuinely regretted selling was my '91 BMW 318is, so the lack of power wasn't really a big worry for me.

After 1.5 years with the Golf R, I REALLY miss having a tossable RWD car. As much as I love the comfort and impressiveness of the R, I don't necessarily like paying for it. LOL!

Anyway, I've been lurking here for a bit and recently been spending way too much time browsing Carvana, CarMax, and other such places with the internal debate of getting out of this car early and swapping over to a pre-owned BRZ/86.

Having spent this amount of time with easy-to-use power (torque mostly), I know there will be some adjustment time, but once I get it out on track, I have no doubt I'd be happy with the change.

The biggest consideration is really the lack of usability. My son is 8, so he'll fit in the back, but with anyone in the passenger seat, he'll have zero leg room. It's usually just the two of us in the car anyway, so that might not be a big issue. Plus, my longer-term goal with the car would be that it becomes his first car when he starts driving... If internal combustion engines are still allowed on the road. ;-)
Interlocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 01:22 PM   #7691
darkslide18

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S
New to the Forum

How Goes it?!

Picked up a 2014 FR-S AT last Friday with 29,780 miles on it from a reputable dealer up here in Oregon. Previously I had owned a Nissan Xterra. Over the last year and a half I had been growing increasingly less satisfied with owning a an SUV. I have owned small sporty cars in the past and had to come to terms with knowing that at heart I was a car guy.

I had been pining over the BRZ/FRS since it came out but life situations kept me from getting one until last Friday. I was able to sell the Xterra and got a good deal on the FRS. Being single, almost 40 with no kids a car like this isnt a big deal. Safe to say I am stoked with the vehicle so far. Took it out yesterday for some back roads driving and proper flogging. Had nothing but a huge grin on my face the whole time.

Just wanted to say hi before I start posting questions about the car.

darkslide18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to darkslide18 For This Useful Post:
Aqualynx (01-19-2019)
Old 01-14-2019, 08:44 PM   #7692
Blindstack

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S Turbo
Hey all,

Bought 2013 FR-S last week. Glad to finally be back in something I can enjoy. I've got a lot to catch up on. I used to race (import drag, drift, scca, etc), but got out of the scene over a decade ago. Previous toys included two miatas, RX-7 turbo, s2000 and some fwd drag cars.
I've been reading this forum for over a month and it definitely helped my decision to pull the trigger on the purchase. Once I found one with less than 21k miles on it, I jumped.

Look forward to learning

Thanks

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Blindstack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blindstack For This Useful Post:
eastendraceshop (01-16-2019)
Old 01-16-2019, 06:30 PM   #7693
Jdmjunkie

Drives: Scion FR-S 10 Series
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Joined the forums awhile ago, figured I would finally post here. I have a 10 series with a 6 speed with just over 50k on the clock.
Jdmjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jdmjunkie For This Useful Post:
eastendraceshop (01-16-2019)
Old 01-16-2019, 06:38 PM   #7694
eastendraceshop

Drives: '13 Scion FR-S & '17 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkslide18 View Post
How Goes it?!

Picked up a 2014 FR-S AT last Friday with 29,780 miles on it from a reputable dealer up here in Oregon. Previously I had owned a Nissan Xterra. Over the last year and a half I had been growing increasingly less satisfied with owning a an SUV. I have owned small sporty cars in the past and had to come to terms with knowing that at heart I was a car guy.

I had been pining over the BRZ/FRS since it came out but life situations kept me from getting one until last Friday. I was able to sell the Xterra and got a good deal on the FRS. Being single, almost 40 with no kids a car like this isnt a big deal. Safe to say I am stoked with the vehicle so far. Took it out yesterday for some back roads driving and proper flogging. Had nothing but a huge grin on my face the whole time.

Just wanted to say hi before I start posting questions about the car.

Hot Lava looks awesome! I'm glad that it puts a huge smile on your face!
eastendraceshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 02:30 PM   #7695
KevBRZ

Drives: 15BRZ
picked up a BRZ

Finally getting back into a fun car that i can rock on the track and autocross, just wanted to say Hello!! I picked up a 15 Blue BRZ a few weeks back and love it so far!
KevBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KevBRZ For This Useful Post:
eastendraceshop (01-24-2019)
Old 01-26-2019, 02:07 AM   #7696
Lav

Drives: Frs
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Whats up motherfuckers I just got my car yesterday.

I've owned an NB miata and an old integra LS and then an automatic civic that my parents gave me (that I tried to give back after getting the FRS but they want me to just sell it) and now finally the FRS.

I don't think I've used a forum very much before. I'm used to reddit and its system, but it seems like /r/ft86 is mostly for pictures. Searching for text posts only gives me a lot to read but it seems like this is the main community. I'll be searching through some things but if someone wants to direct me to a "sidebar" or new members guide that I shouldn't miss I'd appreciate it.

I'm curious about:
The most recommended exhausts/headers
A meet up near the bay (already looking in the regional forums and found 2)
Lav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 06:46 PM   #7697
Interlocker

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlocker View Post
(Warning: Long-winded and rambling intro below)

Longtime BMW guy here who recently (mid 2017) made the move from nearly 20 years of RWD ownership to the world of AWD with a VW Mk7 Golf R.

Don't get me wrong... It's a great car and a great daily driver. I love all the tech, the torque is pretty addicting, and it's a riot in the snow. We just don't get a lot of snow here, and while it's much better on track than I expected, it's still not super rewarding. Fast and capable, but having owned four E36 M3s since 1999, it's nowhere near that sort of feel.

I've been very much into the idea of the BRZ/86 since it was was just a rumor. The only thing that prevented me from going with a new one in '17 was the minuscule rear seat. The only car I've ever genuinely regretted selling was my '91 BMW 318is, so the lack of power wasn't really a big worry for me.

After 1.5 years with the Golf R, I REALLY miss having a tossable RWD car. As much as I love the comfort and impressiveness of the R, I don't necessarily like paying for it. LOL!

Anyway, I've been lurking here for a bit and recently been spending way too much time browsing Carvana, CarMax, and other such places with the internal debate of getting out of this car early and swapping over to a pre-owned BRZ/86.

Having spent this amount of time with easy-to-use power (torque mostly), I know there will be some adjustment time, but once I get it out on track, I have no doubt I'd be happy with the change.

The biggest consideration is really the lack of usability. My son is 8, so he'll fit in the back, but with anyone in the passenger seat, he'll have zero leg room. It's usually just the two of us in the car anyway, so that might not be a big issue. Plus, my longer-term goal with the car would be that it becomes his first car when he starts driving... If internal combustion engines are still allowed on the road. ;-)
Well, I ended up biting the bullet this morning after a couple of weeks debating on this car and coming up with something that worked at the dealership. Drove a couple hundred miles to pick it up, but it made for enough time to get acquainted on the drive home:

Interlocker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Interlocker For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (01-31-2019), Tcoat (01-31-2019)
Old 01-31-2019, 06:57 PM   #7698
Chikna

Drives: 2018 BRZ TS 244/500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlocker View Post
Well, I ended up biting the bullet this morning after a couple of weeks debating on this car and coming up with something that worked at the dealership. Drove a couple hundred miles to pick it up, but it made for enough time to get acquainted on the drive home:

What is that on top of hood? Is that the shadow of the roof? Looks nice.
Chikna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 07:53 PM   #7699
PapaJ

Drives: 2014 Scion FRS
Hello everyone, new to the forums. Few months back I bit the bullet on a 2014 FR-S. have been browsing everywhere for parts and mods and can't wait to get a turbo in it. From browsing the forums it seems like this is where I need to be. A great community that is knowledgeable and helpful. Thanks for the approval !!
PapaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 11:56 PM   #7700
Anon Aaron
Slushbox Pro

Drives: ‘13 Toyota GT86
Hey All,

Long time lurker, glad to be joining this great community of car enthusiasts!

I’ve had my 2013 FRS since autumn 2012, and it’s been a great car! I rebadged it to a Toyota GT-86, and added an STi badge for s#!ts and giggles. Only other change was a carbon fiber rear diffuser, bolted right over the plastic one.

Been thinking about trading up for a 2019 BRZ! It’s that good of a car, I’d buy it twice!
Anon Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
6mt, bot. report?, frs, notreally, turbo