follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 01-13-2017, 07:26 AM   #113
IronMoose

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejahboi View Post
Hmmmm, where did you hook up your 12v wire from the bosche relay connected to the clutch wire? I feel like if I fix that I fix my remote start lol
That needs to be a 12v constant. So run it to your battery and fuse it or you can tie into the ignition constant.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf ADS-AL(DL)-SUB3-EN_20161202 (1).pdf (799.5 KB, 149 views)
IronMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 06:29 PM   #114
DJCarbine
Thupercharged

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejahboi View Post
I have that same exact issue lol. I've been lazy to call Brian to help me out with it.

What I'm thinking for the door lock is something is wrong with the polarity. As for the light, I learned to live with it. I haven't found a way to disable it but found fixes to block the light? If that makes sense.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Ever find a fix for the door locking after ignition off? Just finished up an install today using a single ALCA bypass, but aside from VSC turning on after the car starts this seems to be the only other issue. It requires me to unlock the car with the FOB to disarm before I can exit.... fairly annoying lol
2019 Series.Grey STI - Stage1+ SF
DJCarbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 11:43 AM   #115
DJCarbine
Thupercharged

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMoose View Post
I'm having having an issue with my install. Advanced keys push to start/keyless entry using an idatalink bypass. All functions work but security indicator stays on and doors lock after ignition off. Any suggestions?
Just figured this out, the security indication will stay on blinking about the doors will stop locking after you shut the car off with push button

Make sure key sense (Pin 22 BROWN wire of 30 pin D5 connector under dash) has positive signal when running. You can also use a relay to bridge the 2 wires at the ignition switch.

The only other problem I am tracing down is the VSC being on after a push start, and not being able to turn traction control off. I think I need a diode somewhere, as maybe something is using the VSC/Trac circuit as a ground or otherwise using some other wire that has enough ground potential to mess with vsc triggering

::edit

Seems to be slightly related/similar to our issue

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/...asp?tid=101470

Going to trace the VSC/Trac wiring to see if they use a negative or positive trigger or something else.... something either doesn't have a proper ground or needs to be isolated from the R/S system I feel

Trac system is connected to IG1

::double edit

Beginning to think this is related to the second starter wire

Last edited by DJCarbine; 05-28-2017 at 11:56 AM.
Old 05-28-2017, 06:26 PM   #116
DJCarbine
Thupercharged

Push start to "on" then press again without brake input to shut off.... repeat and this time start.

VSC light will be off, cruise control/traction/highbeam indicator light works as well. Pretty sure there needs to be a delay of some sort on one of the ign. or starter lines.

Also figured out the doors locking on engine shutdown. Key sense + not only needs to be connected, but also needs to stay active a second or so after the engine is shut down. Without this delay, the factory security will arm and lock.

Going to see if the advanced keys outputs can provide this delay, if not I am going to get a delay on/off 12v relay to control the keysense.

With the turning on/back off/on again trick fixing the traction/cruise/etc. its pretty much "done". Only need to find the trick in delaying/pre-energizing which line and control it automatically. Not sure what it could be, but perhaps related to ecutek map switching memory. You can choose a map in ecutek via the cruise stalk/tach, but it won't remember it on next start-up.

A trick is to cycle the key to "run" then back off, then start the car normally. It will recall the last map you selected. No clue if related, but its making me think about some sort of delayed start... maybe using the Advanced Keys delay to start option for glowplugs and putting a 500ms delay via a timed relay.

I will update the more I find out
Old 03-26-2019, 05:56 PM   #117
Twitchy313

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Dude this is awesome! I’ve been so interested in turning my frs into a push to start, as dumb as this sounds, carrying the key is a pain in the ass lol! Thanks for taking the time to post all of this information!
Twitchy313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 03:17 AM   #118
Speechless

Drives: 2013 FR-S Hot Lava Metallic
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I'm reviving this thread in the hopes that someone could help me find a wire. I'm currently looking for the brake wire. I've searched the forums and looked at the driverside kick panel area. The diagram says it's in the driver kick, white 48 pin plug, pin 6. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Speechless is offline   Reply With Quote