follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southwest

Southwest AZ, NM, NV, OK, TX, UT

User Tag List

Old 02-24-2014, 01:18 PM   #785
Shneegle

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinEZ View Post
btw I'm new to the forums. Any Fort Worth meets going on I should know about?
Next Fort Worth meet will be 3/13/14 at the parking garage next to Torhy's Tacos. There will be a new thread posted in the next week or so to notify everyone.
Old 02-24-2014, 03:58 PM   #786
zaptorque

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Cars and Coffee this Sturday (March 1)

Hi all,

Who is going up to Cars and Coffee this Saturday. I'm coming into the metroplex for the weekend and would like to take my Dad out to check it out.

I've been to the Austin one a couple times but never Dallas. Do they attempt to section it off by make at this one? What time is best to get out there?

I'm debating if I should take my FR-S. My dad has a 2000 Woodward Edition Prowler and a 2013 Rubicon thats been decked out.
zaptorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 04:17 PM   #787
Texaz Boy

Drives: 2016 FR-S (RS-2 #734/1000) MT
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Garage
There's a thread for the cars and coffee. We meet up at the address on there around 6am. Then head out at 6:30 to the dealership
Texaz Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 05:00 PM   #788
wlwarfield
VTECLOL

Drives: 2011 STi & 2013 F150 SVT Raptor
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadFA20 View Post
Is your offered position in Benbrook? Where will your wife be working?

I live in West Fort Worth and can give a good heads up in the area surrounding as I've been in the area for over 10 years.
I'll be working at S Ft Worth Costco and my wife is currently employed at Carmax. The closest one the Fort Worth currently is the one in Ft Worth/Arlington area until the new one off SW Loop 820 opens somewhere around June. We would really like to be up in N Ft Worth but are thinking of just getting a small apartment near where I will be working or renting a house until we can sell our house in NM! Thanks everyone for your input. We are excited to get out of New Mexico and get to Texas!
2011 Subaru Impreza WRX STi sedan
2013 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor
wlwarfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:30 PM   #789
tendogy

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlwarfield View Post
We would really like to be up in N Ft Worth
Why would you like to be up there, if I may ask? I can't imagine living up there because I-35W (north of I-30) and I-820 (East of I-35W and west of 121) are the worst worst worst traffic areas in Fort Worth.
tendogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 10:14 PM   #790
wlwarfield
VTECLOL

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tendogy View Post
Why would you like to be up there, if I may ask? I can't imagine living up there because I-35W (north of I-30) and I-820 (East of I-35W and west of 121) are the worst worst worst traffic areas in Fort Worth.
My goal is to eventually transfer to the new Costco they're building in N Ft Worth. But my wife & I really like the neighborhoods up there (west fork & marine creek ranch) and I hear the schools in the N Ft Worth/Keller areas are top notch.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:52 PM   #791
1BadFA20

Drives: '92 GS-R, '02 RSX-S, '14 BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlwarfield View Post
My goal is to eventually transfer to the new Costco they're building in N Ft Worth. But my wife & I really like the neighborhoods up there (west fork & marine creek ranch) and I hear the schools in the N Ft Worth/Keller areas are top notch.
That area isn't bad. It's a good area just the traffic is horrid all the time. 820 and 35N are to be avoided except late at night lol. You are better off in the following areas:

West Forth Worth outside of 820
Benbrook
Lake Worth
Westworth Village

South Fort Worth south of 20 is get worse than it has been. I use to live down by Sycamore school road and Alta Mesa. Hulen and all that area seems to be get so bad. I avoid anything south of 20 in Fort Worth.

I now live right off 820 in west side. I got 20 and 30 close as well. Easy highway access, malls, food, meets. I'm happy aside from my friends in Dallas I hang with.

Either way we will all help with our opinions on areas and it's your choice to decide where you move to.
PTE 5758, Turbosmart, JDL, Perrin, Tein, Rays Gramlights, Sumitomo, Raceseng, Beatrush, Buddy Club, Valenti, DSS, Act, Cartboy, Mtec, APR, Beatsonic, FA20CLUB, Radium, JPM Coachworks, VIS, Recaro, IAG, Cleib, Nameless, Zele

Coming soon: Garage Vary, Cleib, Cravenspeed, VEI
1BadFA20 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 1BadFA20 For This Useful Post:
wlwarfield (02-25-2014)
Old 02-25-2014, 12:18 PM   #792
tendogy

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Alright bud, all these interstate names can make your head swim even if you know the area, so here's a map:

Green dots for current workspots, green dot+google pin for future costco.

Purple dots for the neighborhoods you liked.

Yellow interstates are miserable to drive on during rush hour.

Red interstates are miserable to drive on between 7am and 9pm.

The black interstate should have a sign above it reading, "Abandon Hope, All Ye Who Enter Here"

Here's the thing, those neighborhoods you liked are the cool growing areas but their infrastructure has not kept up with them at all. I know you might think to yourself, "we can deal with traffic" but we are not kidding around with you. When we say we avoid those areas, we mean it. In twelve years I have probably driven down the black portion of 820 two or three times it was unavoidable, and every other time I have gone around.

Even if your schedule can accommodate the drive, you and/or your wife will eventually always come home grumpy and short tempered from the traffic. Those glitzy houses just aren't worth it. Also, Saginaw is a craphole of a town (I delivered pizza there for three years).

Funny thing, I literally delivered pizza to the West Fork neighborhood a number of years ago and they were horrible tippers and incredibly rude, FWIW.
tendogy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tendogy For This Useful Post:
feedbag (02-25-2014), wlwarfield (02-26-2014)
Old 02-25-2014, 10:52 PM   #793
Wankel Rex

Drives: Silver Premium Edition BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I live a few minutes from Alliance Town Center and love the area. Yes, 35 sucks a bit but they're also doing a massive widening of it, and of course 820 is under construction. As a friend told me in the past 24 hours, passing over on a place to live because of temporary construction is dumb. The construction will end but you'll hopefully be in your house/apt for years. I'm currently looking to buy a house and one of my big conflicts is leaving this part of town (hopefully not).

Quote:
Alright bud, all these interstate names can make your head swim even if you know the area, so here's a map:

The black interstate should have a sign above it reading, "Abandon Hope, All Ye Who Enter Here"

Here's the thing, those neighborhoods you liked are the cool growing areas but their infrastructure has not kept up with them at all. I know you might think to yourself, "we can deal with traffic" but we are not kidding around with you. When we say we avoid those areas, we mean it. In twelve years I have probably driven down the black portion of 820 two or three times it was unavoidable, and every other time I have gone around.

Even if your schedule can accommodate the drive, you and/or your wife will eventually always come home grumpy and short tempered from the traffic. Those glitzy houses just aren't worth it. Also, Saginaw is a craphole of a town (I delivered pizza there for three years).

Funny thing, I literally delivered pizza to the West Fork neighborhood a number of years ago and they were horrible tippers and incredibly rude, FWIW.
Wankel Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wankel Rex For This Useful Post:
wlwarfield (02-26-2014)
Old 02-25-2014, 11:37 PM   #794
Foxman13
tweet me @JasonGFox

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wankel Rex View Post
I live a few minutes from Alliance Town Center and love the area. Yes, 35 sucks a bit but they're also doing a massive widening of it, and of course 820 is under construction. As a friend told me in the past 24 hours, passing over on a place to live because of temporary construction is dumb. The construction will end but you'll hopefully be in your house/apt for years. I'm currently looking to buy a house and one of my big conflicts is leaving this part of town (hopefully not).

I also live in that area and I concur. It is one of the better places to live in DFW despite the traffic woes.

Oh, and yay! for the new Costco. We currently go to the one in Southlake which is a good 10-12 mile drive. The new one will be about 5 miles and less busy I hope.
Foxman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Foxman13 For This Useful Post:
wlwarfield (02-26-2014)
Old 02-26-2014, 03:48 PM   #795
wlwarfield
VTECLOL

Garage
Quote:

Thanks for the input. We will probably be there in mid march so I look forwards to meeting all the TX ft86 guys/girls
Old 02-28-2014, 08:37 AM   #796
wlwarfield
VTECLOL

Garage
Well great news. I also got an offer from the new N Ft Worth Costco for a better supervisor position than S Ft Worth was offering me. I have to be there by March 24th! (Store opens tentatively May 20 for those wondering) So we will probably be looking for residence up in the N Richland Hills area or Ft Worth/Arlington area now instead of way down south.

The Following User Says Thank You to wlwarfield For This Useful Post:
JonAvalon (02-28-2014)
Old 02-28-2014, 09:34 AM   #797
tennisfreak

Drives: 2018 BMW M240i
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
@wlwarfield congrats!!!

Some good areas to start looking in are North Fort Worth (start at Heritage trace blvd and anything from there or north), keller, colleyville, grapevine, southlake, and some nice areas up north along davis blvd.
tennisfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tennisfreak For This Useful Post:
wlwarfield (02-28-2014)
Old 02-28-2014, 10:12 AM   #798
wlwarfield
VTECLOL

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfreak View Post
@wlwarfield congrats!!!

Some good areas to start looking in are North Fort Worth (start at Heritage trace blvd and anything from there or north), keller, colleyville, grapevine, southlake, and some nice areas up north along davis blvd.
Thanks! It's kinda hard to do this all blindly since we don't know where the good/bad areas are so I appreciate all you guys pointing us in the right direction.

Last edited by wlwarfield; 02-28-2014 at 10:34 AM.