follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 04-29-2014, 03:42 PM   #799
captain_jack

Drives: '13 raven frs, '10 taco,09 gsxr 600
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Well blower is off and sent out... now before I say anything else. I understand kraftwerks position however I'm not pleased. With less then 3k on my blower it had to be sent back to rotrex and it could take 3 months. They did offer me an interim blower at a significant discount but I am still dealing with rotrex and if they decide not to warranty the blower I'm out a lot of money making this setup not worth the money. I'm upset mostly as I did allot of research and this system was rated extremely reliable and I have had a few initial issues and Kraftwerks did resolve said issues. I appreciate that but in the end unless I cough up a considerable amount of money I'm screwed for up to 3 months or completely in the end. Very sad panda...

may the schwartz be with you....
captain_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:54 PM   #800
captain_jack

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1398801113685.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  88.3 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1398801128701.jpg
Views: 585
Size:  84.2 KB
That is metal and grime inside that pulley.....just so everyone has the visual to go with my previous statement.

Old 04-29-2014, 04:59 PM   #801
KraftWerks

Drives: Kraftwerks BRZ
Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_jack View Post
Well blower is off and sent out... now before I say anything else. I understand kraftwerks position however I'm not pleased. With less then 3k on my blower it had to be sent back to rotrex and it could take 3 months. They did offer me an interim blower at a significant discount but I am still dealing with rotrex and if they decide not to warranty the blower I'm out a lot of money making this setup not worth the money. I'm upset mostly as I did allot of research and this system was rated extremely reliable and I have had a few initial issues and Kraftwerks did resolve said issues. I appreciate that but in the end unless I cough up a considerable amount of money I'm screwed for up to 3 months or completely in the end. Very sad panda...

We haven't left anyone hanging and we don't plan to start doing such things with you. You were emailed a call tag yesterday so we can get your charger back. You're situation was not simply "dropped" after you spoke with customer service, we've been discussing your charger internally and a resolution has been provided from management, you simply have not been called yet to be updated.
KraftWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 05:15 PM   #802
captain_jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by KraftWerks View Post
We haven't left anyone hanging and we don't plan to start doing such things with you. You were emailed a call tag yesterday so we can get your charger back. You're situation was not simply "dropped" after you spoke with customer service, we've been discussing your charger internally and a resolution has been provided from management, you simply have not been called yet to be updated.
Your right, I was I never stated I was dropped. I said I wasn't pleased. I stayed I understood your position. You did what you could and have done so. Doesn't change the fact that it had to be sent back to rotrex for anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months and that it well be warranted. I never said you guys screwed me. I tried to post my experience as eloquently as I could. This was intended as an informative post for other owners what to expect when/if their blower fails like mine.

Old 04-29-2014, 05:32 PM   #803
KraftWerks

Quote:
Your right, I was I never stated I was dropped. I said I wasn't pleased. I stayed I understood your position. You did what you could and have done so. Doesn't change the fact that it had to be sent back to rotrex for anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months and that it well be warranted. I never said you guys screwed me. I tried to post my experience as eloquently as I could. This was intended as an informative post for other owners what to expect when/if their blower fails like mine.

Communicating via text can be tough, the meaning of our post was to express that we didn't hang up the phone and walk away from your situation. The warranty process with Rotrex is something that we've been talking about internally so that you won't be without a charger for 3 months. We're looking into ways to take care of you, that's all.
The Following User Says Thank You to KraftWerks For This Useful Post:
captain_jack (04-29-2014)
Old 04-29-2014, 05:59 PM   #804
post_break
Professional Smartass

Drives: White Out FRS
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Communicating via text can be tough, the meaning of our post was to express that we didn't hang up the phone and walk away from your situation. The warranty process with Rotrex is something that we've been talking about internally so that you won't be without a charger for 3 months. We're looking into ways to take care of you, that's all.
I look forward to seeing what the warranty process is.

Do we have to buy a new super charger and then get refunded later?

Will you have a loaner charger that owners can borrow should an emergency like this come up?

How long does it take to get a charger back from rotrex?

I mean obviously any down time is bad, but some sort of warranty procedure should be in place to minimize it. If I have to buy another charger just to avoid a month of down time I'll obviously be pissed along with others. I'll have to look up vortech and see what their plans and procedures are for a dead charger.
post_break is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to post_break For This Useful Post:
captain_jack (04-29-2014), glamcem (04-29-2014)
Old 04-29-2014, 07:03 PM   #805
post_break
Professional Smartass

Garage
Now that I thought about it some more... Can you run this system without the blower? Remove the belt, stick the filter on the output side of the charge pipe, and flash an NA tune? Sure it will be fussy, and you wouldn't want to go WOT, but you could putz around right?
Old 04-29-2014, 07:25 PM   #806
KraftWerks

Quote:
Originally Posted by post_break View Post
Now that I thought about it some more... Can you run this system without the blower? Remove the belt, stick the filter on the output side of the charge pipe, and flash an NA tune? Sure it will be fussy, and you wouldn't want to go WOT, but you could putz around right?
You sure can! That was the point behind the divorced belt system.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:31 PM   #807
KraftWerks

Just a little useful information for people with questions regarding which bolts to use on the supercharger and crank pulley. We will be updated the instructions as well.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KraftWerks For This Useful Post:
Freeman (04-29-2014), glamcem (04-29-2014)
Old 04-29-2014, 08:36 PM   #808
post_break
Professional Smartass

Garage
Quote:
Just a little useful information for people with questions regarding which bolts to use on the supercharger and crank pulley. We will be updated the instructions as well.

What is that huge bolt number on the inventory sheet? I am missing that bolt from my kit. FML
Old 04-29-2014, 08:40 PM   #809
zoth

Drives: 2013 BRZ Premium Dark Gray Metallic
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by post_break View Post
What is that huge bolt number on the inventory sheet? I am missing that bolt from my kit. FML
I think that's the OEM crank pulley bolt. To be re-used
zoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:50 PM   #810
captain_jack

Ok so a huge update from my world. Kraftwerks really stepped up and showed they are the customer service company they said they are. I'm an no longer a sad panda as Joe called me today and informed me they were sending me a new rotrex out. I didn't expect this after talking to them yesterday. Not to mention they are including the cogged idler pulleys as well. I wouldn't expect this if I had the blower for a year or even 6 months but at only 3k on it it was a very pleasant surprise. They are working on the warranty process as they know it's not ideal. Well done@kraftwerks and to Joe and Brandon specifically.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to captain_jack For This Useful Post:
Cross (05-01-2014), glamcem (04-29-2014), post_break (04-29-2014)
Old 04-29-2014, 08:50 PM   #811
glamcem

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quote:

I think there is some confusion regarding the bolts so that I was advised the appropriate bolt for each pulleys. It would be really beneficial to have an updated instructions and a video would be even better
glamcem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:52 PM   #812
glamcem

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quote:
Ok so a huge update from my world. Kraftwerks really stepped up and showed they are the customer service company they said they are. I'm an no longer a sad panda as Joe called me today and informed me they were sending me a new rotrex out. I didn't expect this after talking to them yesterday. Not to mention they ate including the cogged idler pulleys as well. I wouldn't expect this if I had the blower for a year or even 6 months but at only 3k on it it was a very pleasant surprise. They are working on the warranty process as they know it's not ideal. Well done@kraftwerks and to Joe and Brandon specifically.

that's great news !!
glamcem is offline   Reply With Quote