follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 06-05-2019, 12:57 AM   #15
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,513 Times in 18,917 Posts
Mentioned: 1106 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86MLR View Post
LOL, Fosters, we export that rubbish, we don't drink it.
One on a list of survival tips I learned visiting Perth. Never order Fosters. I was told Swan was the less noob one to drink. That was back in '86.
Old 06-05-2019, 07:31 AM   #16
why?
Only happy when it rains.

Drives: series.blue
Thanked 1,263 Times in 749 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
CAE and ultra shifters change everything, which means they do shift the gears closer together. Whether that would be enough to make you happy is another story.

If you want to throw enough money at it I am sure you could have the entire shifter connection lengthened for your seating position.
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 09:42 AM   #17
WNDSRFR

Drives: FR-S,GTI
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
For the life of me I can not understand how you can reach the steering wheel just fine but can't reach the shifter. I'm only 6 foot and I wish the seat would slide back further because all the way back, the steering wheel and shifter are still closer than I would like. And the way I am adjusted, the shifter is closer than the steering wheel. That's with the steering wheel fully retracted (closest to the dash as it will go). Have you tried pumping the seat all the way down so your knees clear the steering wheel and then adjust everything from there?
WNDSRFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 10:30 AM   #18
Yoshoobaroo
TRACKBREAD

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,895 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNDSRFR View Post
For the life of me I can not understand how you can reach the steering wheel just fine but can't reach the shifter. I'm only 6 foot and I wish the seat would slide back further because all the way back, the steering wheel and shifter are still closer than I would like. And the way I am adjusted, the shifter is closer than the steering wheel. That's with the steering wheel fully retracted (closest to the dash as it will go). Have you tried pumping the seat all the way down so your knees clear the steering wheel and then adjust everything from there?

Long torso, short arms. I have the same problem. I end up sitting more upright to fix it.
Yoshoobaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 03:54 PM   #19
AD55

Drives: 2014 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNDSRFR View Post
I can reach the shifter, but it just a little bit of a stretch. Actually I beginning to think I'm just becoming a picky old fart that just likes to complain. Next thing you know I'm going to yelling at the kid's in the neighborhood to get the hell off my lawn.
AD55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 04:12 PM   #20
AD55

Drives: 2014 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post

you had a 'thanks', and then you lost it making fun of the amazing land down under.

All wise cracking aside, visiting Australia is one of the top thinks on my bucket list. But unfortunately it will probably never come to pass. One thing is I would probably go insane being in an aircraft, over water for all those hours. I'm not too fond of flying anyway and they would probably have to put me in a straight jacket under sedation to prevent me from harming myself or the other passengers.

If somehow I did make it, I would probably just stay there and take up residence rather than go thru the ordeal of a return trip.
AD55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AD55 For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (06-10-2019)