follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Xero Limit
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-18-2019, 12:57 PM   #29
RZNT4R
Professional Mechanic
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Drives: 2017 86 6MT Oceanic
Location: Quebec, Canada
Posts: 237
Thanks: 5
Thanked 138 Times in 78 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The last time I was up around those speeds I was cruising completely undramatically with two fingers on the wheel.

First thing to check is shocks and alignment.
RZNT4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 03:44 PM   #30
humfrz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 21,280
Thanks: 15,332
Thanked 18,751 Times in 10,396 Posts
Mentioned: 496 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RZNT4R View Post
The last time I was up around those speeds I was cruising completely undramatically with two fingers on the wheel.

First thing to check is shocks and alignment.
now, THAT is for teaching the newbies bad habits!





humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 11:56 PM   #31
gravitylover
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Drives: 2013 BRZ Premium 6MT White
Location: SE NY
Posts: 1,125
Thanks: 655
Thanked 436 Times in 323 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I brought the fronts down 1psi and it seems to have helped but I only got to the mid 80's. I'm going to need another opportunity with someone hauling ass so I can follow a bit behind and run them up to 95 or so to see if that does it.
__________________
gravitylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 01:53 AM   #32
Ultramaroon
hooning for ramen
 
Ultramaroon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Location: vantucky, wa
Posts: 22,195
Thanks: 32,661
Thanked 21,370 Times in 11,854 Posts
Mentioned: 816 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
I brought the fronts down 1psi and it seems to have helped but I only got to the mid 80's. I'm going to need another opportunity with someone hauling ass so I can follow a bit behind and run them up to 95 or so to see if that does it.
I wouldn't mess around at that speed. If you aren't obviously rock solid then something is still wrong. Best wishes for a good conclusive fix.
__________________
Ultramaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ultramaroon For This Useful Post:
strat61caster (05-19-2019)
Old 05-19-2019, 05:26 PM   #33
gravitylover
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Drives: 2013 BRZ Premium 6MT White
Location: SE NY
Posts: 1,125
Thanks: 655
Thanked 436 Times in 323 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post
I wouldn't mess around at that speed. If you aren't obviously rock solid then something is still wrong. Best wishes for a good conclusive fix.

There's only one way to find out Suspension bits appear to be alright but the car is almost 7 years old so I bet the bushings are worn and that's really what the problem is. I'll get to them at some point this summer when I have better cash flow, that heart attack and 3 months of lost income put a hurt on us.
__________________
gravitylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 05:33 PM   #34
Ultramaroon
hooning for ramen
 
Ultramaroon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Location: vantucky, wa
Posts: 22,195
Thanks: 32,661
Thanked 21,370 Times in 11,854 Posts
Mentioned: 816 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
There's only one way to find out Suspension bits appear to be alright but the car is almost 7 years old so I bet the bushings are worn and that's really what the problem is. I'll get to them at some point this summer when I have better cash flow, that heart attack and 3 months of lost income put a hurt on us.
Oh, shit! I forgot about that! How the hell have you been?


As sensitive to changes in tire pressure this car is, I can only imagine what worn suspension bits do to the handling. Keeps the sphincter in shape, at least.
__________________
Ultramaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ultramaroon For This Useful Post:
gravitylover (05-20-2019)
Old 05-20-2019, 03:43 PM   #35
gravitylover
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Drives: 2013 BRZ Premium 6MT White
Location: SE NY
Posts: 1,125
Thanks: 655
Thanked 436 Times in 323 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post
Oh, shit! I forgot about that! How the hell have you been?

As sensitive to changes in tire pressure this car is, I can only imagine what worn suspension bits do to the handling. Keeps the sphincter in shape, at least.
Doing well, thanks. I think it has been a slow recovery but I'm not terribly patient when it comes to being under the weather or injured. I still think I'm 25 and recover in a matter of days

Previously I had the Conti EC DWS and had to run them much higher (36/37ft and 34rr) just to get them to be stiff enough not to roll over in corners, these need to be lower (34/35ft) for stability at speed.
__________________
gravitylover is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gravitylover For This Useful Post:
strat61caster (05-20-2019), Ultramaroon (05-20-2019)
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Front-Pipe Question for FRS FewTooManyBeers Engine, Exhaust, Transmission 12 02-15-2019 11:22 PM
Front LCA question caffeinejunky Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing 13 04-30-2014 08:54 PM
Question for for someone who has had the front bumper off 10Tim Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) 5 09-30-2013 05:34 PM
Front lip question... brz_guy Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) 13 05-17-2013 01:51 PM
Frs/brz front piece question lavisxice Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 22 01-10-2013 07:42 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.