follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > AFRICA

User Tag List

Old 09-27-2016, 12:47 AM   #1
Vic_RSA
The voice of reason...

Drives: 2012 Toyota 86 6MT Standard
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Heater hose

Well yesterday I decided to give my car its routine fluid check and I noticed blue splatter on the strut bars and on the top of the bonnet at the back of the motor. Coolant level was still good in the reservoir. I took the car to my nearest dealer immediately who advised me that a pressure test was required.

As I have the extended warranty I said go for it. The pressure test revealed that the heater inlet hose was leaking under pressure. So it's a hose right? TSA should have a few lying round for these occasions?

Wrong - the part was marked as on back-order which means a minimum of 3 weeks! Now as this is my daily car this presents a challenge. I've asked the dealer to try and source a part from Subaru in the hope they have stock which I will also investigate.

My car has a little over 83000km on the clock and is the first known occurrence (to our group) of this type of failure. More disturbingly is the lack of spare parts locally...

http://parts.subaru.com/p/Subaru_201...2411CA000.html is what I need.

Now it seems simple enough to make up a hose locally but TSA are finnicky with that glorious warranty... Updates to follow!
Vic_RSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 04:07 AM   #2
LostSalad

Drives: Toyota 86 - Charcoal Grey
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic_RSA View Post
Well yesterday I decided to give my car its routine fluid check and I noticed blue splatter on the strut bars and on the top of the bonnet at the back of the motor. Coolant level was still good in the reservoir.
What did this look like? I saw that I have some splatter on the bits covering the suspension. It's looks like glue that hardened.

As a programmer I have a suspicion on how TSA manage their part stock... it's like a cache. The first time a customer has an issue... there's a cache miss in their warehouse, so they do a slow fetch from Japan

EDIT: I'd say you're pretty hosed mate
LostSalad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LostSalad For This Useful Post:
Vic_RSA (09-28-2016)
Old 09-28-2016, 04:43 AM   #3
Vic_RSA
The voice of reason...

Drives: 2012 Toyota 86 6MT Standard
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSalad View Post
What did this look like? I saw that I have some splatter on the bits covering the suspension. It's looks like glue that hardened.

As a programmer I have a suspicion on how TSA manage their part stock... it's like a cache. The first time a customer has an issue... there's a cache miss in their warehouse, so they do a slow fetch from Japan

EDIT: I'd say you're pretty hosed mate
Blue-white splatter on the strut bars and the back of the bonnet -matches the coolant.

UPDATE: Toyota have made a temporary fix for now and the car seems OK. They will inform me once the hose arrives.
Vic_RSA is offline   Reply With Quote