follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 12-02-2011, 11:05 PM   #29
Longhorn248
Hook 'em

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phontsolo View Post
Well then does this mean that the Scion will have an upgraded radio unit option as seen here with the down graded AC controls?

Nice catch! I'll go with Limited if that's what it takes to get the push button start, auto climate control, leather/alcantra, fog lamps, etc. Just no spoiler!
Longhorn248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 12:17 AM   #30
enthusiast

Drives: '13 BRZ 6MT GBS Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
I have been following the events and reviews of both cars, and this is my first post. I feel like that last picture is still a BRZ, because the dash trim is still the aluminum look.

After comparing the pictures, I am wondering if the base trim of both cars will have the different control configurations, while the limited will have the nicer ones/push button start. I could be wrong, but I'm hoping since I was also really disappointed with Scion's modification for the US spec.
enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 02:17 AM   #31
random

Drives: Multiple
Quote:
Originally Posted by touge-n00b View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Automobilemag
For all the Internet armchair warriors complaining about the meager power output, let us be the first to say: the BRZ doesn’t need a turbo. It doesn’t WANT a turbo. And anyone who says the car should have a turbo is missing the point.
Love this quote.
It doesn't mean that it wouldn't be better if it had a turbo.

Seriously, most cars rarely need more power. But more power is what everyone wants.
random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 03:08 AM   #32
touge-n00b
Storm Vanguard ONE

Drives: SCCA-HI CS-22 FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by random View Post
It doesn't mean that it wouldn't be better if it had a turbo.

Seriously, most cars rarely need more power. But more power is what everyone wants.
I can honestly say I don't want it. I want a car I can wring out every last ounce of potential myself, at least until I improve myself as a driver. I have a 2011 WRX and even 265HP is too much sometimes, especially on the AutoX course. And I rarely use all that power in daily driving. I'd much rather have the responsiveness of an NA over the punch-in-your-gut of a turbo.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I think the 200BHP is perfect for a lightweight sports-car. The only thing I can complain about is the 7600RPM fuel-cutout. I wish it were at least 8000rpm, but again that's a personal thing.
touge-n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 03:16 AM   #33
KAuss

Drives: 2005 X-Runner BSP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
I can honestly say I don't want it. I want a car I can wring out every last ounce of potential myself, at least until I improve myself as a driver. I have a 2011 WRX and even 265HP is too much sometimes, especially on the AutoX course. And I rarely use all that power in daily driving. I'd much rather have the responsiveness of an NA over the punch-in-your-gut of a turbo.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I think the 200BHP is perfect for a lightweight sports-car. The only thing I can complain about is the 7600RPM fuel-cutout. I wish it were at least 8000rpm, but again that's a personal thing.
That's how I feel... Exactly to the T...

Thought my WRX didn't have the 265 horses (way less 2002 FTL) I did get "used" to it, but mostly the part under 3.5K RPM LOL... THAT was KILLING me because my friend's RS would just take off and I would have to creep into normal driving power around 2K unless I drive like a mad man...

Feel and speed are soooooo different... LOVE the feel of turbo in boost, outside of boost, the feel kills me...
KAuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 07:45 AM   #34
Speedjunkie
FR-S Ready

Drives: K24 RSX with Fully Built Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by enthusiast View Post
I have been following the events and reviews of both cars, and this is my first post. I feel like that last picture is still a BRZ, because the dash trim is still the aluminum look.

After comparing the pictures, I am wondering if the base trim of both cars will have the different control configurations, while the limited will have the nicer ones/push button start. I could be wrong, but I'm hoping since I was also really disappointed with Scion's modification for the US spec.

Good catch. It might be the base Subie there.

On the other hand i hope Scion has a base and a premium and even a limited version where there is P2S and Upgraded HVAC controls, i could care less about navigation. I dont get lost easily and if i do I got a smartphone for navigation purposes.
Speedjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 11:31 AM   #35
random

Drives: Multiple
Quote:

I think you're in the minority.

Personally, I like having more power as a general rule of thumb. That said, I completely agree with you that most of the time, most people wouldn't be able to use all the power at their disposal, let alone know how to use it.

For most situations, I go with the old adage: it's more fun to drive a slow car fast than it is to drive a fast car slow. Yes, it's also more fun to be able to drive a fast car fast, but that's besides the point.

I'm hoping that this Toyabaru will re-invigorate those interested in cars like the Miata, or the old MR-2 -- compact, light, good enough power, excellent steering and handling.
random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 11:46 AM   #36
BMWDAD

Drives: 2008 BMW 335i coupe
I will be coming from a 335i coupe with 300+ HP and 300+ pounds of torque.

Although a very competent car, the BMW is not a fun car.

My two Miatas '90 and 02' where much more fun. The gearboxes yearned to be shifted, and I felt like Mario going through the gears.

My BRZ will have a wing delete (limited) or else maybe get what I want optioned on a Premium. Plus I rather not have nav.
BMWDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 03:13 PM   #37
Zgrinch

Drives: 2013 Limited DGM BRZ
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedjunkie View Post
Good catch. It might be the base Subie there.

On the other hand i hope Scion has a base and a premium and even a limited version where there is P2S and Upgraded HVAC controls, i could care less about navigation. I dont get lost easily and if i do I got a smartphone for navigation purposes.
+1. Really interested to see how this very senario plays out.
Zgrinch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brz review, brz reviews, brz test drive review, brz test drive reviews, subaru brz review, subaru brz reviews, subaru test drive review