follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southeast

Southeast AR, AL, GA, FL, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN

User Tag List

Old 03-05-2013, 08:35 AM   #281
kwood9000

Drives: Limited WRB AT6 BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pt5RS View Post
I read part of an article last night that said something to the extent that you have to request this prior to March 1, if you purchased between january 1, 2012 and feb 28, 2013. Anyone know if that was extended? Sounds like it may have been if you just did it yesterday...
You have until the end of the year to apply for the exemption.
kwood9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kwood9000 For This Useful Post:
2pt5RS (03-05-2013), Dadhawk (03-05-2013)
Old 03-05-2013, 08:39 AM   #282
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,939 Times in 11,376 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pt5RS View Post
I read part of an article last night that said something to the extent that you have to request this prior to March 1, if you purchased between january 1, 2012 and feb 28, 2013. Anyone know if that was extended? Sounds like it may have been if you just did it yesterday...
I bought two cars last year, converted both of them yesterday, and did nothing before 3/4/2013. According to the paperwork I was given you have to do the conversion before 1/1/2014, and if you don't do it before your tags expire you have to pay the ad-valorem tax, which will not be refunded, but you can still convert.

Here's the real scoop directly from the DMV including a calculator that shows how much you will owe. You'll need your VIN and the sales tax from your bill of sale.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".

Last edited by Dadhawk; 03-05-2013 at 09:41 AM.
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dadhawk For This Useful Post:
kwood9000 (03-05-2013)
Old 03-07-2013, 11:32 PM   #283
jstans84
Banned

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
It needs to hurry up and be the 22nd already. I can't wait for the Tail of the Dragon meet!
jstans84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:37 PM   #284
dorkymork
Na-Nu Na-Nu

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited (GBS)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL BRZ View Post
Monday 7/30 has been my ETA at Troncalli in Cumming until now. It's an intercepted pre-order. Thanks guys pics will be inbound!
Troncalli rocks. Hope you're loving it.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:52 PM   #285
Shinryu

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by karne View Post
I think he got at white brz and always parking in the middle-ish part
It's a BRZ. Seems like it's there a good 5 or 6 days a week, so I'd be really surprised if it wasn't an employee...
Shinryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:23 PM   #286
jstans84
Banned

Hey anyone got a recommendation on a good detailer in Atlanta? I want to get my car fully detailed before the tail run.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:53 AM   #287
MosesFRS

Drives: Whiteout
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstans84 View Post
Hey anyone got a recommendation on a good detailer in Atlanta? I want to get my car fully detailed before the tail run.
Cactus car wash on piedmont does a good job and always busy.
MosesFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:39 AM   #288
ATL BRZ
Driving Coach

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 4,137 Times in 1,707 Posts
Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstans84 View Post
Don't go to Cactus for the sake of your car's paint. Car washes that see high volumes have low quality results, and the word "detail" has no place there. I worked at two of them in my teenage years and the waxes and chemicals used are all low grade, hand wash cloths, wax pads, and paint drying towels get dropped on the ground all the time and reused, wash tunnel cloths regularly have huge chunks or dirt, grime, oil, all over them, especially on busy days.

Give Bryan at Peachstate Detail a call. He is a true professional that will either come to you or take your car to his garage and will spend six hours on your car doing a two bucket hand wash, one step polish and correction, and a Wolfs Hard Body coating so you don't have to wax for two years, and it's highly scratch resistant. His work is top notch and many local 86ers have used him with high regards. My results with Bryan: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...&postcount=100

Now I use a rinseless wash every month or so and the car stays immaculate. Dirt/dust doesn't even cling to the paint.

Last edited by ATL BRZ; 03-10-2013 at 01:29 PM.
ATL BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:38 PM   #289
MosesFRS

Quote:
Don't go to Cactus for the sake of your car's paint. Car washes that see high volumes have low quality results, and the word "detail" has no place there. I worked at two of them in my teenage years and the waxes and chemicals used are all low grade, hand wash cloths, wax pads, and paint drying towels get dropped on the ground all the time and reused, wash tunnel cloths regularly have huge chunks or dirt, grime, oil, all over them, especially on busy days.

Give Bryan at Peachstate Detail a call. He is a true professional that will either come to you or take your car to his garage and will spend six hours on your car doing a two bucket hand wash, one step polish and correction, and a Wolfs Hard Body coating so you don't have to wax for two years, and it's highly scratch resistant. His work is top notch and many local 86ers have used him with high regards. My results with Bryan: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...&postcount=100

Now I use a rinseless wash every month or so and the car stays immaculate. Dirt/dust doesn't even cling to the paint.
What's the ticket on that?
Old 03-10-2013, 08:39 PM   #290
MosesFRS

Quote:

It does look like he did a good job on yours.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:00 PM   #291
ATL BRZ
Driving Coach

Thanked 4,137 Times in 1,707 Posts
Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MosesFRS View Post
It does look like he did a good job on yours.
Other locals he's detailed: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...chstate+detail

and http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...chstate+detail
ATL BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:44 PM   #292
jstans84
Banned

Quote:

Thanks man I just emailed Bryan, and the only time I have ever gone to Cactus I was the first car in as they opened and had it hand washed. I watched the dude the entire time to make sure he didn't drop the towels or anyhting.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:35 PM   #293
Shinryu

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Just scheduled an appointment with him for mine. Was initially going to look for someplace closer to my location, but with all the glowing reviews and pictures, I feel like I'd be silly not to go with him.
Shinryu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shinryu For This Useful Post:
ATL BRZ (03-11-2013)
Old 03-11-2013, 04:57 PM   #294
reeves

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinryu View Post
Just scheduled an appointment with him for mine. Was initially going to look for someplace closer to my location, but with all the glowing reviews and pictures, I feel like I'd be silly not to go with him.
Spend the extra money and get the hard body coating too. It's well worth it, especially if you have a very dark color car.

I went to a friend's house recently who had a dirt road.. in HUMID night weather... the car was literally BROWN the next day from all the dust.

One quick, high-pressure rinse and my car was back to 95% shiny again. I hadn't washed my car in over 2 months prior to that too..
reeves is offline   Reply With Quote