follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum

FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum All photos, videos and other media related to the Scion FR-S and Toyota 86

User Tag List

Old 04-23-2012, 02:28 AM   #57
armythug

Drives: Pegasus White 86GTS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie View Post
I think 17 inchers will be the sweet spot, 18 and 19 will be pushing your comfort and will need a more serious drop to look right-
remember this car is pretty small!

I like the door strikes and nothing else!
You'd think with this little motor TRD would make a sick SINGLE exhaust-
not that heavy monster!

I have to agree with the single exhaust. Maybe they didn't do it because of how low the car sits? I wonder how an angled cannon would look on it. Maybe it would look tacky on the 86 but on some cars it looks hot.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:49 AM   #58
luxmn
First FR-S

Drives: Whiteout MT FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkonquer View Post
Negatory, trd springs are designed by eibach and restamped trd.
i would pretend like you know this as a "fact". even then, you think Toyota would just adopt a product to sell as a non-engineered part? please. they must have had very specific parameters to select a product to adopt (assuming eibach really makes these).

i aint vow for it, ill test drive these springs before i folk 2-3k out for them there's no doubt about that but to say that a giant like Toyota can't engineer a damn set of lowering springs worth the money is a fking insult. the physic of lowering the center of gravity doesn't change from car to car, its the matter of knowing the optimum set of values and who know that better than the one who designs the car? the stock springs may not be the optimum ones the cost of the car could easily forces compromises.

and really such statement "a stock STI beats a "tuned" STI" therefore "not-engineered parts are garbage" doesn't make sense on so many levels.
luxmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:48 AM   #59
Turbowned

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ Perf Pack 6MT
Thanked 1,945 Times in 1,150 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkonquer View Post
Negatory, trd springs are designed by eibach and restamped trd.
TRD USA parts are restamped aftermarket parts. TRD Japan parts (with the exception of the Bilstein dampers) are developed in-house. Let's not confuse the two, please!

This isn't a Scion tC, guys. TRD put the work in on these parts. We'll be lucky if any of that stuff even makes it over here through Toyota dealers; most of it will probably have to be imported.

Current: 2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S 6MT
Previous: 2 BRZ's, 997 C2S, C5 RS6, C4 S6, B8 S4, GDB STi, S30 240Z, FC3S RX-7 TII, AW11/SW20 MR2, E30 318is/325i, etc.
Turbowned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:00 PM   #60
jkonquer

Drives: 2005 Subaru STI
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxmn View Post
i would pretend like you know this as a "fact". even then, you think Toyota would just adopt a product to sell as a non-engineered part? please. they must have had very specific parameters to select a product to adopt (assuming eibach really makes these).

i aint vow for it, ill test drive these springs before i folk 2-3k out for them there's no doubt about that but to say that a giant like Toyota can't engineer a damn set of lowering springs worth the money is a fking insult. the physic of lowering the center of gravity doesn't change from car to car, its the matter of knowing the optimum set of values and who know that better than the one who designs the car? the stock springs may not be the optimum ones the cost of the car could easily forces compromises.

and really such statement "a stock STI beats a "tuned" STI" therefore "not-engineered parts are garbage" doesn't make sense on so many levels.

I dont even know what you are arguing about,
I was pointing out the fact that many of the trd parts are restamped or designed by different company.
2. I was pointing out fact that the reason why trd went such a mild drop is to keep the suspension dynamics of the vehicle. So i wasnt arguing there,
3 many aftermarket companies just slam the car and add intake and etc hoping it will perform. And it just doesnt work like that. Many cars de-perform due to aftermarket parts.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:18 PM   #61
zoomzoomers

Drives: 2013 Subaru SWP BRZ Limited 6AT
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quick question. What do those door stabilizers do? Their purpose? Does the car come with creeky doors???
Man Law#17:A man in the company of a hot, seductively dressed, woman MUST remain sober enough to fight!

MODS: AVO tubes + filter, Cusco (F) strut brace w/ MC brace, Perrin CBE, Subaru OEM trunk tray, Grimmspeed front license re-locator & hood struts and Beatsonic rear cam.
zoomzoomers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:20 PM   #62
Spaceywilly
ZC6A2B82KC7J

Drives: 2002 WRX
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoomers View Post
Quick question. What do those door stabilizers do? Their purpose? Does the car come with creeky doors???
FTA

Quote:
But it was actually the door stabilizer that impressed me the most. It’s a very simple upgrade, so simple that most would have probably never though about it. The idea behind it is to use the door as a stiffening implement, so that once it closers it slides this spring-loaded metal section behind the lock grab against this teflon-like plastic part on the door itself. This pushes the door slightly against its hinges further stiffening up the chassis. The result is a better and more direct steering feel though the corners. Every little helps as they say, and TRD have actually patented this little gadget.

Straights are for fast cars. Turns are for fast drivers.
Spaceywilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:06 PM   #63
zoomzoomers

Drives: 2013 Subaru SWP BRZ Limited 6AT
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceywilly View Post
FTA
for the info. I guess it will have to go on the list then.
Man Law#17:A man in the company of a hot, seductively dressed, woman MUST remain sober enough to fight!

MODS: AVO tubes + filter, Cusco (F) strut brace w/ MC brace, Perrin CBE, Subaru OEM trunk tray, Grimmspeed front license re-locator & hood struts and Beatsonic rear cam.
zoomzoomers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:01 PM   #64
D4S
Probably Watching F1

Drives: 10 Series FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
A blacked out 86? Yes, please. The quad exhaust looks amazing, it completes the wide look of the car. Nice body kit, brakes, and wheels. I can't think of any setup that would look nicer as far as color schemes go. Maybe red on black?
D4S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:21 AM   #65
Haoun

Drives: ghjhgn
It just Looks so much nice, in photos.
Really it is heart fetching car.
I really like it.
Great sharing.
Thanks for sharing this...Dude
Old 05-22-2012, 03:37 PM   #66
SVTSHC
(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ

Drives: 2015 Series Blue BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by quik1987 View Post
I wonder why no sports seats
This. I also wonder if that'll be offered for the American TRD installed list. Cause I def want them.

"Sweet Subaru, sweet Subaru, send your BRZ unto me, for the roads of the unworthy must be baptized in speed and glory." ~Zaku
SVTSHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:56 PM   #67
ESBjiujitsu
MUST HAVE MORE 86 ! ! !

Drives: Mazdaspeed 6 2.3 AWD Turbo
Garage
wow those sport seats look amazing. Would love that as a factory upgrade option!!! The quad exhaust looks amazing, im really surprised how much I enjoy the entire TRD package. But ill be fine with a stock body so carbon aero goodies and a nice stance

92 carmy -> 86 corolla-> Honda S2000 -> Audi TT -> Mazdaspeed6 -> NEXT UP TOYOTA FT-86!!!!
ESBjiujitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:10 PM   #68
tintumz22

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Toyota 86
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Clean! Look at my future Raven.. Gettin all excited! I'm having goose bumps!
tintumz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:16 PM   #69
Turbowned

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ Perf Pack 6MT
Thanked 1,945 Times in 1,150 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTSHC View Post
This. I also wonder if that'll be offered for the American TRD installed list. Cause I def want them.

Highly doubtful. Every time Porsche comes out with a GT model of their 911 (GT3, GT3 RS, GT2, GT2 RS) they have to offer it in the 'States without the roll bar or the racing buckets. We get screwed out of good stuff like that here.

Current: 2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S 6MT
Previous: 2 BRZ's, 997 C2S, C5 RS6, C4 S6, B8 S4, GDB STi, S30 240Z, FC3S RX-7 TII, AW11/SW20 MR2, E30 318is/325i, etc.
Turbowned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:26 PM   #70
Jay Grey

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited DGM MT
Garage
[QUOTE=quik1987;188372]
FT86CLUB Homepage Featured Story

TRD Program info: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3266

http://www.speedhunters.com/2012/04/car-feature-trd-tunes-the-86/

Attachment 6466

If I would get this FR-S, it would be the Black TRD version without a doubt!!!

Tags
86 trd, fr-s trd, scion fr-s trd, scion frs trd, toyota 86 trd, toyota trd 86, trd 86, trd fr-s, trd frs