follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 05-29-2014, 04:36 AM   #57
Fizz
Senior Addict

Drives: 86 GT
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RYU View Post
Received these a few weeks ago. Haven't had time to install but this is my last hope at increasing the rear shock stroke. I'm now pondering what to do on setup. I've got a things to swap around and test.

The quality on these are good. Parts are beefy and I have no reservations about the components used.

I plan to use the 'Buddy Club Recommendation' setting to gain 20mm more rear shock stroke.
Im interested in these as well. Can you give us a review once you've got them installed?
Fizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 04:58 AM   #58
unsurety
aeiou

Drives: WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
I didn't care too much for the slotted cam adjustment, but I wanted the SPCs because of cost and because it doesn't use heim joints. Do you guys have issues with noises with the rod-end style found on basically every aftermarket LCA?

My car is a daily driver first and foremost. I hate extra squeaks and noises.
unsurety is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to unsurety For This Useful Post:
Panman (08-18-2014)
Old 05-29-2014, 05:05 AM   #59
unsurety
aeiou

Drives: WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
I planned to use the money saved to get higher grade hardware after reading the reports of cheap materials. Again, noise was the most prevalent reason.

I ordered the SPCs two months ago... can't even return them if I wanted

One more thing before I forget - is there a problem with urethane as far as binding goes for LCAs? Unfortunately I'm the type of guy who tends to forget to inspect and maintain things like heim joints.
unsurety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 05:09 PM   #60
protpibe

Drives: 4-Runner Sport - 13' BRZ SportTech
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RYU View Post
Received these a few weeks ago. Haven't had time to install but this is my last hope at increasing the rear shock stroke. I'm now pondering what to do on setup. I've got a things to swap around and test.

The quality on these are good. Parts are beefy and I have no reservations about the components used.

I plan to use the 'Buddy Club Recommendation' setting to gain 20mm more rear shock stroke.
Nice!

I just ordered a set of the Buddy Club rear LCAs as well.

Has anyone run the front control arms? I don't think there's much need for it, but I was thinking of ordering them for aesthetics
Old 08-17-2014, 01:27 PM   #61
AZP Installs

Drives: '11 STi->'14 BRZ | '14 Touareg TDi
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to AZP Installs
Just to add in some test data on the SPC arms. We are running them on our Project BRZ which is street driven but mostly used for TT with NASA Northeast. Currently we are running the SPC arms with Eibach Prokit Springs on OEM struts. Tires are Continental Race Tires and we are turning some very fast times and putting them through their paces.

So far we haven't had any issues and the alignments haven't moved through several events.

We've installed a bunch of sets on clients cars as well and haven't seen any corrosion or issues with them although a good portion of those are street driven cars so I don't expect them to be an issue.

Also we have the utmost respect for the guys @CSGMike but we don't judge parts based on past experience on different model cars and I am not sure I saw if they actually used them on the BRZ/FRS or not and saw failures or slipping.

We will keep you guys updated as our testing continues. Hope this helps some folks "worried" about them.

-Mike Paisan

Maintaining, Modifying and Educating TriState Enthusiasts since 2001.
Like us on Facebook! | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) |AIM: AZP Installs
"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"
AZP Installs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AZP Installs For This Useful Post:
gramicci101 (08-17-2014), unsurety (08-17-2014)
Old 08-17-2014, 01:33 PM   #62
protpibe

Drives: 4-Runner Sport - 13' BRZ SportTech
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
I can confirm that the buddy Club rear lcas do slip, but I think I that would be universal to any arm that uses that type of joint. I'm thinking I'll toss some blue loctite on there when I get them to redo the rear alignment.