follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 07-02-2016, 07:19 PM   #43
twag4

Drives: frs
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbradley View Post
When the service manager brushed you off you should have decided to go to another dealer service then and there.
Agreed. Gotta have time though. Working 60-70 hours a week right now
Old 07-02-2016, 07:31 PM   #44
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twag4 View Post
Wow! I am foolish I guess for expecting a car company to provide a little durability in their installed equipment. Thanks to those of you with legitimate replies. If they won't cover the wear then fine. But, to not even look at it before they say no? This is ok with all you nay Sayers? I've been around a little while, and have owned multiple new cars with no such wear. You nay Sayers sure don't expect much for your money. I guess consumer low expectations are why the car makers don't stand behind their workmanship any more. I will, unlike those of you who find me foolish for having somewhat high expectations, vote with my wallet in the future. That is all I am trying to say. If this wouldn't bother you, it doesn't make me wrong for it bothering me. You young guys have just never experienced true customer service I guess. Thanks to widespread attitudes like this, the manufacturers don't have to provide higher quality and standards. You are the foolish and wrong ones in my opinion. It can be better than this. I have experienced better than this. Once again I find myself sorry for posting on this forum
Well now Twag this is my perspective. Many of us have had zero issues with our seats and therefore do not agree with your evaluation of the quality. That does jot mean we are naysayers or fools just that we do not see things the same way. The quality of the interior is a little higher than I would have expected in the price range but maybe my experience with really cheap cars has indeed lowered my expectations. Instead of just saying it is cheap and calling everybody that does not agree foolish and wrong post up some pics or otherwise convince us there is an actual issue. So far all you have done is describe normal wear an tear.
I do however agree 100% that it was wrong of the manager to dismiss your complaint without at least looking at it first. Perhaps if they had at least looked you would not be so angry.
If you come to this or any other forum with a rant and expect nothing but support and agreement then you are not going to be a happy user!
Hoahao (07-03-2016), justatroll (07-02-2016), Silver Cervy (07-02-2016), Toyarzee (07-03-2016), wbradley (07-02-2016)
Old 07-02-2016, 07:42 PM   #45
mav1178

Drives: 2005 Toyota Camry
Thanked 6,093 Times in 3,029 Posts
Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Wow! I am foolish I guess for expecting a car company to provide a little durability in their installed equipment. Thanks to those of you with legitimate replies. If they won't cover the wear then fine. But, to not even look at it before they say no? This is ok with all you nay Sayers? I've been around a little while, and have owned multiple new cars with no such wear. You nay Sayers sure don't expect much for your money. I guess consumer low expectations are why the car makers don't stand behind their workmanship any more. I will, unlike those of you who find me foolish for having somewhat high expectations, vote with my wallet in the future. That is all I am trying to say. If this wouldn't bother you, it doesn't make me wrong for it bothering me. You young guys have just never experienced true customer service I guess. Thanks to widespread attitudes like this, the manufacturers don't have to provide higher quality and standards. You are the foolish and wrong ones in my opinion. It can be better than this. I have experienced better than this. Once again I find myself sorry for posting on this forum
I'm glad you find yourself sorry for posting about this.

I suggest you find another dealer to take up your claim. Just because one dealer doesn't want to deal with you doesn't make your case a lost cause.

But keep labeling us. Makes some of us less inclined to help you out...
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mav1178 For This Useful Post:
Silver Cervy (07-02-2016), Toyarzee (07-03-2016)
Old 07-02-2016, 07:42 PM   #46
Silver Cervy
*Some really cool title*

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Wow! I am foolish I guess for expecting a car company to provide a little durability in their installed equipment. Thanks to those of you with legitimate replies. If they won't cover the wear then fine. But, to not even look at it before they say no? This is ok with all you nay Sayers?
The reason why there are nay sayers is because questioning seat durability, especially in a cheap Scion, is very strange. For the price of the car you should've expected there to be quality issues somewhere down the line. You also haven't shown a picture of the seat after many of us politely requested one, which is the biggest reason why we are doubting you.

If the service manager had looked at the seat, you would've gotten the same response anyway. Customer service isn't at all what it used to be, so I wouldn't talk down to us like we have no concept of how things really are.

Overall, the title of this post is why many people took a negative attitude towards you. Saying that you're "utterly disappointed" of an entire brand because of such a small incident like this is pretty dramatic to say the least, and it presents yourself as having thin skin. Just something to think about.
Silver Cervy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 08:50 PM   #47
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,635 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Garage
The voting with my wallet thing is bullshit. Why punish a manufacturer for a disrespectful service manager at one dealership.

I'd ask the service writer (at a different dealer) to look at the seat and give an opinion.

If my seats were frayed or worn through the fabric I wouldnt call that normal wear in a few years. If the seat looks like it needs to be cleaned or somehow took a beating just on the outside bolster, expect the dealer to refuse to make a claim with Toyota.

My point is, readers, it is not impossible the OP has a faulty seat cover. However probably 9/10 comaints in that regard ARE probably normal wear.

The Clazzio seats look pretty good.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
wbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 09:07 PM   #48
billwot

Drives: '11 Cayman , '14 Camry, '11 Tacoma
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbradley View Post

The Clazzio seats look pretty good.
I was surprisingly well pleased with the quality, and the appearance when I was finished installing.
billwot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 09:37 PM   #49
twag4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Well now Twag this is my perspective. Many of us have had zero issues with our seats and therefore do not agree with your evaluation of the quality. That does jot mean we are naysayers or fools just that we do not see things the same way. The quality of the interior is a little higher than I would have expected in the price range but maybe my experience with really cheap cars has indeed lowered my expectations. Instead of just saying it is cheap and calling everybody that does not agree foolish and wrong post up some pics or otherwise convince us there is an actual issue. So far all you have done is describe normal wear an tear.
I do however agree 100% that it was wrong of the manager to dismiss your complaint without at least looking at it first. Perhaps if they had at least looked you would not be so angry.
If you come to this or any other forum with a rant and expect nothing but support and agreement then you are not going to be a happy user!
Not calling anyone a fool. I was called foolish by more than one individual for my expectation of quality from a Toyota brand. I simply stated I felt it was foolish not to have those expectations or demands. That is all. I eventually want to upgrade the seats, but wasn't expecting to have to so soon.

As someone else called it BS to punish a brand over a dealer: complete lack of concern from the customer service phone call, that is why. I have spent a good amount of money on performance modifications to my car, and everyone of the vendors have stood behind their products and services. Names like counterspace garage, delicious tuning, and JDL to name a few. They all are absolutely amazing to deal with, and continue to aid with technical support after the sell is over. This has not been my experience with Toyota. I am going to keep this car for a long while. I will continue to use vendors like those I listed above. On my next car purchase, I will seek a car manufacturer that will also provide service later- not to mention a dealer.
If you guys think I have to post a picture or something so you can decide this issue, well I am done here. I was just venting and expecting a different response I guess. I typically take a person's word if they have a legitimate issue, especially on this forum. If they are being untruthful about car being bone stock or whatever, and try to pass it on to the dealer- that is on them. That isn't the case here. I honestly expected to be denied, just not without a legitimate consideration of my complaint. I have a heavily modified car in terms of power train and suspension and brakes. I expect no warranty if I damage something as a result. But in this case, normal usage ( and you are either gonna have to believe me or not on this) shouldn't be worn this much in 2years and 11 months and 31000 miles. I am really surprised that many disagree with me on that fact- assuming I am in fact being truthful, and things are actually as described. It is said that we deserve what we tolerate. Well, I guess my expectations are high. There are a great number of military aviators around the planet, mostly from the United States, and some from Europe and the Middle East that are doing well that I trained. I also had extremely high expectations of them. To date none of them that has perished due to "pilot error". I would have done them a great disservice had I let them ride on low expectations and low results. I'm positive I would have read of many of them dead, or unrated crew and passengers they had killed if a high level of competence and expectations hadn't been instilled in them early in their flying careers. You get what you tolerate, and you will deserve what you get. That is how I feel, sorry if you disagree. I have spoken my peace, thanks for participating!
Old 07-02-2016, 09:38 PM   #50
twag4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norville Rogers View Post
How does Toyota feel about you?
Clearly not very highly. But I honestly don't care if this is how they are.
Old 07-02-2016, 10:09 PM   #51
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Not calling anyone a fool. I was called foolish by more than one individual for my expectation of quality from a Toyota brand. I simply stated I felt it was foolish not to have those expectations or demands. That is all. I eventually want to upgrade the seats, but wasn't expecting to have to so soon.

As someone else called it BS to punish a brand over a dealer: complete lack of concern from the customer service phone call, that is why. I have spent a good amount of money on performance modifications to my car, and everyone of the vendors have stood behind their products and services. Names like counterspace garage, delicious tuning, and JDL to name a few. They all are absolutely amazing to deal with, and continue to aid with technical support after the sell is over. This has not been my experience with Toyota. I am going to keep this car for a long while. I will continue to use vendors like those I listed above. On my next car purchase, I will seek a car manufacturer that will also provide service later- not to mention a dealer.
If you guys think I have to post a picture or something so you can decide this issue, well I am done here. I was just venting and expecting a different response I guess. I typically take a person's word if they have a legitimate issue, especially on this forum. If they are being untruthful about car being bone stock or whatever, and try to pass it on to the dealer- that is on them. That isn't the case here. I honestly expected to be denied, just not without a legitimate consideration of my complaint. I have a heavily modified car in terms of power train and suspension and brakes. I expect no warranty if I damage something as a result. But in this case, normal usage ( and you are either gonna have to believe me or not on this) shouldn't be worn this much in 2years and 11 months and 31000 miles. I am really surprised that many disagree with me on that fact- assuming I am in fact being truthful, and things are actually as described. It is said that we deserve what we tolerate. Well, I guess my expectations are high. There are a great number of military aviators around the planet, mostly from the United States, and some from Europe and the Middle East that are doing well that I trained. I also had extremely high expectations of them. To date none of them that has perished due to "pilot error". I would have done them a great disservice had I let them ride on low expectations and low results. I'm positive I would have read of many of them dead, or unrated crew and passengers they had killed if a high level of competence and expectations hadn't been instilled in them early in their flying careers. You get what you tolerate, and you will deserve what you get. That is how I feel, sorry if you disagree. I have spoken my peace, thanks for participating!
Are you really comparing the wear on seats to training military pilots and saying the expectation is the same?
It is a seat in a relatively cheap car. Many(most) of us have no issue and are not "tolerating" anything. If you expect high price quality then you need to pay the price.
twag4 (07-03-2016)
Old 07-03-2016, 02:02 AM   #52
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,819 Times in 16,427 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
WOW!

humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 02:21 AM   #53
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,521 Times in 18,922 Posts
Mentioned: 1107 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Inserting credentials to support argument is such a stretch I sprained an eye reading it.
Old 07-03-2016, 05:58 AM   #54
joe strummer

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
If you guys think I have to post a picture or something so you can decide this issue, well I am done here.
Sorry, Mr. Lincoln, that we did not consider the source of the declaration before we displayed our skepticism. For you, certainly, no proof is required.

Humbly,
The American public
justatroll (07-03-2016), Toyarzee (07-03-2016)
Old 07-03-2016, 07:53 AM   #55
justatroll

Drives: Full race 4cyl boxer
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
If you guys think I have to post a picture or something so you can decide this issue, well I am done here. !
No that is EXACTLY the point!

You are trying to explain how fucked up your seat is, but you wont show us.
Half the people think you are making a stink over nothing since we only have our imagination to go on.

The other half (like me) assume you must be doing something wrong (like SLIDING into the car) to have ruined the seat already.

MY seat looks like brand new and I have 40000 miles on it.
SO it is all hearsay at this point.....

You argue that you are pissed because the service manager REFUSES to look at it, but you deny us that exact service.
justatroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 09:40 AM   #56
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,635 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Garage
If OP shows that attitude he has to the dealer, no wonder they are disrespectful.

I am beginning to regret posting on this thread!

I didn't think someone with such resposibility could be infantile enough to have a tantrum on the internet.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
wbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wbradley For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (07-03-2016)