follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 04-14-2016, 03:26 PM   #15
immaculate

Drives: 2017 Audi S3
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixtape View Post
My seat and wheel came in today. Of course, there is a bit of a learning curve after using a controller in racing games for many years, but so far I absolutely love this setup!

What did you do about the stiff brake pedal? I just threw the brake dead zone down to 0% and the saturation down to about 25%.

The brake pedal softens a bit with use. For Forza I lowered the outside deadzone to like 85-90% so that it was showing 100% when standing on the pedal during calibration. I haven't messed with the brake settings for Dirt yet, stomping on the brakes is a much less frequent occurrence in this game and I haven't run into any issues with the default setup.

The learning curve takes a while, don't expect to beat your controller times any time soon, if ever, but it sure is a lot more fun.
immaculate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 07:19 PM   #16
BigFatFlip
sleep, drive, eat, repeat

Drives: '13 BRZ, '12 Outback
Thanked 3,796 Times in 1,981 Posts
Mentioned: 188 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
NECROOOOO BUUUUUMP!

Who's pumped for Dirt Rally 2.0 coming out on pre-release tmrw? This guy!

Planning on calling-in sick and dusting off my fanatec CSL elite set-up tmrw
BigFatFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 08:18 PM   #17
TofuJoe
Ohne Titel

Drives: 2017 BRZ PP ISM
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
@BigFatFlip - awwwww yeaaaaaaaaaa
TofuJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 01:51 PM   #18
BigFatFlip

Been hitting Dirt Rally 2.0 pretty hard since the weekend. Wow, great game. I was a little skeptical about the "track degradation" feature but it really comes into play. Dirt/gravel surfaces get rutted and pull the car around if you drive over it while tarmac tracks get covered with puddles/mud which make em slippery and cause the car to handle unexpectedly for a split second when you hit it. It really makes you have to process what you see ahead of you compared to what you hear on the pace notes then make a judgement call on where to put the car.

I also like the addition of tire selection and having "levels" of fixes ie quick fix vs repair vs replace. Gives a better level of immersion when in service/not driving.

Track selection is a little disappointing. I miss Monte Carlo (which will be coming as a DLC) and very sad no more Finland (where most of the pace notes say "jump" or "over crest" lol).

The menu can be a little confusing compared to the first Dirt Rally, but maybe just takes some getting used to.

The game handles surprisingly well on the Xbox controller with very little tweaking. Had to play a lot more with settings for the Fanatec wheel set-up. I like having the option of turning up/down individual force feedback coming from impacts, the engine, tires, suspension, etc. I ended up turning down all the impacts but bumping up tires and suspension, which really made it more realistic and allows you to manage understeer or catch the rear end before slipping.

Over all, great game and should take up a good amount of my time in the near future, trying to master the impossible handling and stages.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BigFatFlip For This Useful Post:
bcj (02-26-2019), TofuJoe (03-01-2019), weederr33 (03-03-2019)
Old 03-03-2019, 07:30 AM   #19
TofuJoe
Ohne Titel

Drives: 2017 BRZ PP ISM
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
@BigFatFlip - I have less time in than you, but I’m enjoying the new courses. Coach Ian over at You Suck at Racing hated it: https://yousuckatracing.wordpress.co...irt-rally-2-0/
TofuJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 10:36 AM   #20
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,586 Times in 2,928 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatFlip View Post
Been hitting Dirt Rally 2.0 pretty hard since the weekend. Wow, great game. I was a little skeptical about the "track degradation" feature but it really comes into play. Dirt/gravel surfaces get rutted and pull the car around if you drive over it while tarmac tracks get covered with puddles/mud which make em slippery and cause the car to handle unexpectedly for a split second when you hit it. It really makes you have to process what you see ahead of you compared to what you hear on the pace notes then make a judgement call on where to put the car.

I also like the addition of tire selection and having "levels" of fixes ie quick fix vs repair vs replace. Gives a better level of immersion when in service/not driving.

Track selection is a little disappointing. I miss Monte Carlo (which will be coming as a DLC) and very sad no more Finland (where most of the pace notes say "jump" or "over crest" lol).

The menu can be a little confusing compared to the first Dirt Rally, but maybe just takes some getting used to.

The game handles surprisingly well on the Xbox controller with very little tweaking. Had to play a lot more with settings for the Fanatec wheel set-up. I like having the option of turning up/down individual force feedback coming from impacts, the engine, tires, suspension, etc. I ended up turning down all the impacts but bumping up tires and suspension, which really made it more realistic and allows you to manage understeer or catch the rear end before slipping.

Over all, great game and should take up a good amount of my time in the near future, trying to master the impossible handling and stages.
They ditched Finland?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
weederr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 12:38 PM   #21
BigFatFlip

Quote:
Originally Posted by TofuJoe View Post
@BigFatFlip - I have less time in than you, but I’m enjoying the new courses. Coach Ian over at You Suck at Racing hated it: https://yousuckatracing.wordpress.co...irt-rally-2-0/

Ya, I kinda agree with most of his observations. The always-online DRM is bullcrap. There's been instances where I've had to sit there and keep hitting "retry" until my connection allowed me continue with MY SINGLE PLAYER CAREER! The only time I did anything remotely "on-line" with Dirt Rally was the daily/weekly challenges, and that only requires being connected once (to upload your time to the leader board).

As I mentioned earlier, I thought the gravel physics were pretty decent, and I love the course degradation, but I wasn't too surprised on the sub-optimal tarmac physics. I remember the physics being really wonky when Germany was released in the first game. It got better over time after updates, so I'm hoping this would be the case as well.

Force Feedback is a bit of hit or miss it seems like. I've since ditched my wheel for a controller now that I'm in the higher difficulty career section since I'm much faster on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weederr33 View Post
They ditched Finland?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I know right?! This was a really close deal breaker for me since I looooove those stages. They tried to do similar "high speed + lots of jumps" stages with Poland and Michigan, but its not the same... I am yet to find a stage I'm as in love in as Ouninpohja...

Tags
dirt, rally, video games, xbox