follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine Swaps

Engine Swaps Discussion of engine swaps.

User Tag List

Old 12-19-2011, 04:35 PM   #15
arghx7

Drives: car
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsofWar View Post
hey arghx! a fellow rx7clubmember, nice of you to join us here!

This guy is super awesome and i can vouch for his smartness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by syldrin View Post
my mistake then i thought the 880 could. pretty sure the x-finity will be able to control direct injection.
Yeah I'm not sure when it's coming out... I know AEM is working on a new generation system. One of the things that will be tricky is tuning the injection timing. That's not something that can be easily worked out with just a chassis dyno and a wideband.

I am confident that somebody will figure something out for engine management provided that there is enough demand. I'm sure 25-30 years ago there was a similar situation as multipoint injection became common and most performance guys only knew how to mess with carbs. There are going to be a lot of issue to work through though.
arghx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 04:50 PM   #16
[es vi: eks]

Drives: Subaru Legacy
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
But like Neutral_Eyes said, the width of the engine itself is very problematic, you wont see many cars that will accept a boxer engine between the frame rails. Especially in cars like the silvia and rx7. So the FA20 might not be as popular as the 4AGE among the spread of tuner communities.
You just reminded me of something.. Theres a RX7 race car with a wrx engine... I think its at a guys place who collects old Mazdas.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:06 PM   #17
WingsofWar
MODERATOR-SAMA

Drives: Swagtron Scooter
Thanked 1,561 Times in 524 Posts
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by [es vi: eks] View Post
You just reminded me of something.. Theres a RX7 race car with a wrx engine... I think its at a guys place who collects old Mazdas.
i think i heard of that car before..but i couldnt for the life of me remember any details about it. I thought my imagination was putting false information in my head again..
Old 12-19-2011, 09:50 PM   #18
[es vi: eks]

Drives: Subaru Legacy
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
i think i heard of that car before..but i couldnt for the life of me remember any details about it. I thought my imagination was putting false information in my head again..
Its a car here in NZ. It was talked about when I was looking at a thread on guys that collected massive lots of Old School Cars.
I personally havnt seen it. I Have been to the place once before to look at a 1600 Subaru wagon for parts.
Place was full of 808 Mazdas? Looks like the RX3 but has the inline motor, 323s, RX2 shaped Mazdas and a few RX7s, B1600 utes? Not sure if the guy had it there when I went there.
I didnt even know about it other wise I would have had a looky at it.
Think the guy was a owner of a wreckers so he got the stuff he wanted at his house.