follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 09-16-2019, 02:52 PM   #29
Kodename47

Drives: UK GT86
Thanked 1,629 Times in 1,112 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
The one thing that I know you'll have issues with on an EcuTek tune using non-EcuTek software IF you manage to pull it from the ECU is that you won't have anything defined to help you with the custom maps. None of the Ecuflash/Romraider definitions will have these, without these making changes to the base map may make no difference given how DT use a lot of custom maps to make them run, especially on a FI car.

Kodename 47 DJ:
Soundcloud / Instagram / Facebook
Kodename47 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kodename47 For This Useful Post:
Chickeneatman (09-19-2019)
Old 09-18-2019, 03:00 PM   #30
Chickeneatman

Drives: 2013 FR-S Ultramarine
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodename47 View Post
The one thing that I know you'll have issues with on an EcuTek tune using non-EcuTek software IF you manage to pull it from the ECU is that you won't have anything defined to help you with the custom maps. None of the Ecuflash/Romraider definitions will have these, without these making changes to the base map may make no difference given how DT use a lot of custom maps to make them run, especially on a FI car.
You know what, I hadn't even thought about this. We may just buy a used ECU and start from scratch on that. Someday we might still try to crack the lock, but for now that doesn't seem feasible. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
Chickeneatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 03:47 PM   #31
Fred E

Drives: WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickeneatman View Post
You know what, I hadn't even thought about this. We may just buy a used ECU and start from scratch on that. Someday we might still try to crack the lock, but for now that doesn't seem feasible. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
Just to add a bit more information, if you do end up cracking it and having an unlocked DT tune file, you would be able to view and edit the custom maps if you purchase Ecutek's tune-it-yourself suite, but as mentioned, this would be impossible with anything else.
Fred E is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fred E For This Useful Post:
Chickeneatman (09-19-2019)