follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 04-13-2014, 10:12 AM   #29
Sport-Tech

Drives: TBD
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesman View Post
I have an iPhone. But I just realized that because I'm streaming FLAC files from my home server, I'm using a different renderer (I have Serve-to-Me and Stream-to-Me on my phone and home server). I'll try using the internal player in the iPhone on my way home and see if that works via USB. Thanks!
IIRC the audio system itself cannot play FLAC or Apple Lossless files, the HU manual indicated that there was no support for those formats (I looked into this because that is all I use) but I guess you could use the aux out (headphone jack) from an iPod to send the analog signal to the HU to get around that?
Sport-Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sport-Tech For This Useful Post:
bluesman (04-13-2014)
Old 04-13-2014, 01:22 PM   #30
bluesman

Drives: 2015 FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport-Tech View Post
IIRC the audio system itself cannot play FLAC or Apple Lossless files, the HU manual indicated that there was no support for those formats (I looked into this because that is all I use) but I guess you could use the aux out (headphone jack) from an iPod to send the analog signal to the HU to get around that?
My FLACs play fine via BT using either Tonido or Stream-to-Me. There has to be a player and DAC in the head unit if it'll play files from a USB drive or an iThing via USB - and that's the circuit that won't decode lossless files. But that's bypassed with BT sources because the file conversion's done in the source device - and the amplification doesn't care what the source file was, once it's converted to analog. So you can stream lossless files via BT because they're not being decoded by the head unit. But you can't play them via USB because that uses the onboard DAC.

The sound quality seems much better from my FLAC sources than from the same tunes ripped to mp3 and played via the USB port, so I'm pretty sure the above is correct. But I'd love to know if I'm right or just kidding myself because I know which ones I'm playing.

Last edited by bluesman; 04-14-2014 at 09:41 AM.
bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 04:22 AM   #31
Slonie

Drives: Only ridiculous cars
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Most of the cars at the local dealers here are '14s, but there is one 10 series and one 5Axis-kitted car nearby. Both of them were marked up into the 30's when first on the lot. Now they're both marked back down below MSRP, but nobody's bitten yet. Though, with the incentives, that 10 series is getting mighty tempting...
Slonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:43 PM   #32
fistpoint

Drives: Supercharged Golf Cart
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
It's not just the FR-S, it's the whole Scion line. Their problem is this idiotic Pure Bullshit Pricing. Get rid of that retarded shit and sales should increase.
fistpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:42 PM   #33
DanielC

Drives: 04 4Runner V8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slonie View Post
Most of the cars at the local dealers here are '14s, but there is one 10 series and one 5Axis-kitted car nearby. Both of them were marked up into the 30's when first on the lot. Now they're both marked back down below MSRP, but nobody's bitten yet. Though, with the incentives, that 10 series is getting mighty tempting...
The lease incentive on the 10 series is very tempting. I'm going to try my luck at leasing a monogram 6mt, but the former may be the best value.
DanielC is offline   Reply With Quote