follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Specific topics relating to wheels and tires.

User Tag List

Old 05-15-2015, 06:28 PM   #1
dem00n
Member of the year - 2016

Drives: Scion FRS
Thanked 2,427 Times in 1,111 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Stock tires done?

I'm on my second set of Primacy HP's, I've had these tires for around 15k miles. I bought them used with almost new tread. After 15k of hard driving including some Auto x with lots of sideways action, i noticed after putting the tires on for summer again that when i initially turn right into a corner, the front end shifts it self, as if the sidewall is shifting to turn in more. This causes me to lose traction at going moderately fast speeds in the corner,though the effect still happens at regular speeds. When I've already left the corner and set the wheel to go straight, the steering wheel is still off as if the car is turning, then the car jerks it self back straight after mere seconds. This happens only going left.

I just rotated the tires and I'm still getting the feeling, but it feels different. The other part is that i did an alignment on the car to fix some off steering, though right at the time i got it done was when i put these tires on. Stock alignment specs. I never had a problem with these tires before and there's plenty of tread left. Though it still doesn't make sense why this happens only going right. The alignment was done at Midas, the car was in need of one and I should of gone to an actual alignment shop.

Later this summer I'll be redoing the whole suspension along with the some better rubber, it's about time to upgrade since I'm done being a noob. Perhaps then I'll have a true answer.

Last edited by dem00n; 05-16-2015 at 09:46 AM.
dem00n is offline   Reply With Quote