follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Specific topics relating to wheels and tires.

User Tag List

Old 10-28-2013, 04:23 PM   #1
2K13BRZ

Drives: Brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Aggressive wheel spec info

Hello all,

My name is Eloy and i'm located in South Florida. Im a newb in this community, i am currently parting out my 2011 Genesis Coupe 2.0T and will be trading it in on Thursday for a 2013 blue Subaru BRZ Limited package 6 speed manual trans. I'm into performance and stance but with the Subi i'll be going more into stance, ironic, i know lol. Basically, i plan on putting the BRZ on air suspension and i need some assistance with wheel fitment for this car. My Gencoupe came from factory with pre-rolled rear fenders, whicj the BRZ does not, therefore will be needing a fender roll. On my Gen i had CCW LM5T wheels in 18x10.5 +10F and 18x11 +6R but unfortunately have them for sale because the lug pattern is different and they're too aggressive for the BRZ (i think?). Clearly the BRZ will be hella slammed yo, but since im a newb with this new car, idk what is considered aggressive. From what i've gathered on the bit of searching i've done, 18x9.5F and 18x10.5R is aggressive for the fa20 chassis. Can some one with some insight on wheel fitment and the fa20 specs chime in please and guide me in the right direction? I did do some searching but couldnt find anything to help my specific case really. THank you all in advance
2K13BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:16 PM   #2
slicktop

Drives: 2013 Raven FRS 2JZ-GTE/V160 swapped
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7535

That's not the end all, be all and the "hella slammed" look mostly isn't in that thread but you'll get a general direction on where people have already gone.
slicktop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:22 AM   #3
JackSmiley

Drives: A Potential Traffic Ticket
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K13BRZ View Post
Hello all,

My name is Eloy and i'm located in South Florida. Im a newb in this community, i am currently parting out my 2011 Genesis Coupe 2.0T and will be trading it in on Thursday for a 2013 blue Subaru BRZ Limited package 6 speed manual trans. I'm into performance and stance but with the Subi i'll be going more into stance, ironic, i know lol. Basically, i plan on putting the BRZ on air suspension and i need some assistance with wheel fitment for this car. My Gencoupe came from factory with pre-rolled rear fenders, whicj the BRZ does not, therefore will be needing a fender roll. On my Gen i had CCW LM5T wheels in 18x10.5 +10F and 18x11 +6R but unfortunately have them for sale because the lug pattern is different and they're too aggressive for the BRZ (i think?). Clearly the BRZ will be hella slammed yo, but since im a newb with this new car, idk what is considered aggressive. From what i've gathered on the bit of searching i've done, 18x9.5F and 18x10.5R is aggressive for the fa20 chassis. Can some one with some insight on wheel fitment and the fa20 specs chime in please and guide me in the right direction? I did do some searching but couldnt find anything to help my specific case really. THank you all in advance
I dont wanna sound like a d*ck, but fa20 is the motor. Zc6(brz) and zn6(frs/gt86) are the chassis codes.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:22 AM   #4
djdnz

Drives: 2013 BRZ WRB S/C
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Best bet is to head on over to the aggressive fitment post in the FRS section. That's where most of those guys hang out.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25171
djdnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:22 AM   #5
2K13BRZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSmiley View Post
I dont wanna sound like a d*ck, but fa20 is the motor. Zc6(brz) and zn6(frs/gt86) are the chassis codes.
Wasn't **** at all! Thank you correcting me, now i know. See,
Im a newb with this car. I figured FA20 was the best way of saying brz/frs/gt86 instead of typing it all out every time lol. So Zc6, got it!
The Following User Says Thank You to 2K13BRZ For This Useful Post:
JackSmiley (10-31-2013)
Old 10-30-2013, 11:13 AM   #6
muffinz

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ Ltd
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Hello all,

Clearly the BRZ will be hella slammed yo
Enjoy ruining the handling and snapping your axles

I'm not sure if 9.5 will fit in the front w/ airbags... people have issues fitting 9" in the front on stock suspension...and I always thought airbags are pretty wide?
muffinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:22 PM   #7
2K13BRZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinz View Post
Enjoy ruining the handling and snapping your axles

I'm not sure if 9.5 will fit in the front w/ airbags... people have issues fitting 9" in the front on stock suspension...and I always thought airbags are pretty wide?
This isnt 2002 lol nowadays air bag technology has substantialy improved and they are made to handle track, show, street and all types of circumstances, so the handling will be just fine
As for the fitting a 9" infront with stock suspension, what's the issue in those cases? What prevents it from running a wider wheel, especially on stock suspension?
Old 10-30-2013, 01:26 PM   #8
muffinz

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ Ltd
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
This isnt 2002 lol nowadays air bag technology has substantialy improved and they are made to handle track, show, street and all types of circumstances, so the handling will be just fine
As for the fitting a 9" infront with stock suspension, what's the issue in those cases? What prevents it from running a wider wheel, especially on stock suspension?
The wheel rubs at full lock on the stock suspension if you dont have a high enough offset.

17x9 or 18x9 et45 wheels rub...17x9 or 18x9 et38 or less does not rub, but this may poke out of the fender significantly, which might influence your decision if looks are important to you.

My main point is you will need to introduce camber in the front to fit the size wheels you want. This camber may or may not interfere with suspension components. You will also need camber adjustments in the rear to fit that size wheel inside the fender, which will introduce stress to the drivetrain components that may lead to premature failure.

That is all I have to say. I hope you are successful and post lots of pics when its done!
muffinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:59 PM   #9
SmsAlSuwaidi
Boosted

Drives: Not a supra....yet
Thanked 1,203 Times in 812 Posts
Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Running 18x9.5 +25 all around, a slight pull in the front and a roll in the rear. I do rub in the front slightly on turns.
I think the rears could take some crazy offsets ( not that crazy) with some camber, but the front is hard to do without modifying knuckles and such hence we are limited by the front camber adjustably.
SmsAlSuwaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:02 PM   #10
2K13BRZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinz View Post
The wheel rubs at full lock on the stock suspension if you dont have a high enough offset.

17x9 or 18x9 et45 wheels rub...17x9 or 18x9 et38 or less does not rub, but this may poke out of the fender significantly, which might influence your decision if looks are important to you.

My main point is you will need to introduce camber in the front to fit the size wheels you want. This camber may or may not interfere with suspension components. You will also need camber adjustments in the rear to fit that size wheel inside the fender, which will introduce stress to the drivetrain components that may lead to premature failure.

That is all I have to say. I hope you are successful and post lots of pics when its done!

Ahh okay gotcha, awesome, thank you for the info. I'll definitely keep the forum updated with the progress
Old 10-30-2013, 11:07 PM   #11
2K13BRZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmsAlSuwaidi View Post
Running 18x9.5 +25 all around, a slight pull in the front and a roll in the rear. I do rub in the front slightly on turns.
I think the rears could take some crazy offsets ( not that crazy) with some camber, but the front is hard to do without modifying knuckles and such hence we are limited by the front camber adjustably.
Ahh okay 18x9.5 +25 requires a slight pull upfont and roll in the rear. Is your fromt and rear flush? Or cambered out? How much camber are you running all around? Did you need to do any other mods like lower control arms or anything?
Old 10-31-2013, 12:44 AM   #12
brz_star21

Drives: DGM BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I'm running a standard 18x9.5 +38 setup (with +3mm spacers front & back; I could go with a 5mm spacer or wider but they were just what I had lying around) with an Airrex air setup. Work wheels has a +30 offset that will work just fine if you're fine with a little "poke". As someone else posted, check the aggressive wheel thread. It helps.

The fronts are flush with the fender (running a 225/40 tire) with about -2 degrees of camber. The tires are narrower than my original setup (235/40) because the tire would hit the side marker on full slam. The tire/wheel slightly rubbed the air bag if the camber and wheel offset weren't dialed in correctly (hence, why I added a spacer). No fender rolling yet. Be careful when following the aggressive wheel fitment guide as air bags tend to be a larger diameter than the guys running coil-overs, so what works for them might not be the very best for you running air.

The rears are slightly tuck, again, about -2 degrees of camber. A 5mm spacer or similar would push it out to flush. I'm running my original tire setup (235/40) mainly because I was undecided on running 225/40. I may go with the narrower tire in the future but not right now. Running rear SPC LCA's and rear toe-arms.

FYI, for those wondering I don't drive the car this low. Some like the look, others don't. Either way, I mod my car to my heart's content and am satisfied with that. If I wanted something only meant to be fast, honestly, I would've got another car.

Happy tuning!

brz_star21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:57 PM   #13
RavSpec

Drives: Rx7
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Hello all,

Pick your wheels first, that's most important. Some wheels will not offer any 5x100 fitments.

18x9.5 +30 is a good fit for performance. For air setup and running some camber arms, toe arms, you can go much much lower offset and wider width for the rear.

Front can be at 9.5 +15 ~ +20

Mark.
RavSpec
RavSpec is offline   Reply With Quote