follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Northwest

Northwest AK, ID, OR, WA

User Tag List

Old 10-05-2017, 05:45 PM   #3165
Omi Ham-Sandwich
☆ミ

Drives: FR-S 2016 Ultramarine
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSUBLU View Post
You know, most people give warnings before others make plans. It almost feels like you're doing this just because you know he's already bought the plane tickets and is on the hook and should just accept his fate
You know... he doesn't HAVE to go DT.
Omi Ham-Sandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 06:06 PM   #3166
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omi Ham-Sandwich View Post
You know... he doesn't HAVE to go DT.
Well now I do!
Old 10-05-2017, 06:51 PM   #3167
Jmonty
Realtor/ Principal Broker

Drives: JRSC BRZ GBS LTD 2010 LTD Outback
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanRules View Post
Amazingly - this lady injured ZERO people in her demolition derby that took out five cars. Nobody was hurt at all, even a little bit. A LOT of cars got between her and people, though. One dude was parked next to a little bench that had some people chillin' on it, if she hadn't taken out his car they'd all be dead. Really surreal, chilling stuff. Those ladies hugging in the background were the people parked in front of me and they'd been putting things in their trunk not a minute earlier.
sorry the Car took a hit but no one was hurt
Jmonty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jmonty For This Useful Post:
XanRules (10-05-2017)
Old 10-05-2017, 08:42 PM   #3168
XanRules
A Very Powerful Wizard

Drives: 2014 BRZ LTD WRB (RIP), 2017 FiST
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omi Ham-Sandwich View Post
Tell us more! WTF did she do? Did she flee the scene?
She did! I don't remember how much I've gone through so I'll just tell it from the beginning. I parked my car, the girls in front of me got out too. They moved their car up a little bit so I'd have more room to get out and they had forgotten to pay the meter. We're talkin' a little bit just casually, bullshitting around like strangers do, so I put my tag thing in my window and they're kinda, a couple feet behind me? And we just hear this grinding noise, like the noise of metal on concrete. This lady in a Kia Soul with Washington tags and three tires left comes sailing through the intersection headed south on NW 5th (which is one-way, going north) and just drifts into the back of my car at about 50mph, slams me into theirs, slams theirs into another.

She gives us this blank stare and starts revving her engine, trying to drive off. Like, just keeps driving forward. Eventually there's enough give in my car that she can get out. She just scoots along on three wheels on NW Couch and I'm trying to catch her on foot but she gets past me. I remember the tag number, though.

Anyway, a couple people got out and saw her getting arrested on Naito, apparently her wheel finally broke at the hub and she couldn't keep moving (but tried!!) - I heard she had a bunch of open containers in the car and they didn't bother giving her a breathalyzer because she couldn't even stand and puked on one of the arresting officers before nearly passing out. I didn't see this so I can't confirm it.

It takes the cops like an hour to get to us specifically, and we learn that in her little demolition derby she took out five cars, including mine, a brand new Challenger with the dealer tags on it, and a BMW. Miraculously, nobody got hurt in all of this.

I hope she rots, though, because that Challenger was parked in front of a bus stop with a lot of people waiting and she could have very easily killed all of those people if he hadn't been there. Same with me, there were a TON of people on the sidewalk between my car and her. Broad fuckin' daylight.

Anyway, apparently if you want an insane bulletproof bad ass mother fucker of a car you should buy a Kia Soul because that thing did not give up. Wheel fell off, but the car still ran. I'm particularly pissed because I can't afford another BRZ. But, again, nobody got hurt and that's what's most important.
XanRules is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to XanRules For This Useful Post:
15limited (10-05-2017), ajaxthebetter (10-06-2017), johan (10-06-2017), Omi Ham-Sandwich (10-06-2017), sachu (10-06-2017), Tcoat (10-06-2017), Ultramaroon (10-06-2017)
Old 10-06-2017, 10:39 AM   #3169
m.box.design

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FRS
Thanked 1,662 Times in 933 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Quote:
She did! I don't remember how much I've gone through so I'll just tell it from the beginning. I parked my car, the girls in front of me got out too. They moved their car up a little bit so I'd have more room to get out and they had forgotten to pay the meter. We're talkin' a little bit just casually, bullshitting around like strangers do, so I put my tag thing in my window and they're kinda, a couple feet behind me? And we just hear this grinding noise, like the noise of metal on concrete. This lady in a Kia Soul with Washington tags and three tires left comes sailing through the intersection headed south on NW 5th (which is one-way, going north) and just drifts into the back of my car at about 50mph, slams me into theirs, slams theirs into another.

She gives us this blank stare and starts revving her engine, trying to drive off. Like, just keeps driving forward. Eventually there's enough give in my car that she can get out. She just scoots along on three wheels on NW Couch and I'm trying to catch her on foot but she gets past me. I remember the tag number, though.

Anyway, a couple people got out and saw her getting arrested on Naito, apparently her wheel finally broke at the hub and she couldn't keep moving (but tried!!) - I heard she had a bunch of open containers in the car and they didn't bother giving her a breathalyzer because she couldn't even stand and puked on one of the arresting officers before nearly passing out. I didn't see this so I can't confirm it.

It takes the cops like an hour to get to us specifically, and we learn that in her little demolition derby she took out five cars, including mine, a brand new Challenger with the dealer tags on it, and a BMW. Miraculously, nobody got hurt in all of this.

I hope she rots, though, because that Challenger was parked in front of a bus stop with a lot of people waiting and she could have very easily killed all of those people if he hadn't been there. Same with me, there were a TON of people on the sidewalk between my car and her. Broad fuckin' daylight.

Anyway, apparently if you want an insane bulletproof bad ass mother fucker of a car you should buy a Kia Soul because that thing did not give up. Wheel fell off, but the car still ran. I'm particularly pissed because I can't afford another BRZ. But, again, nobody got hurt and that's what's most important.
Checked the buy/sell page on facebook yet? You can definitely afford another BRZ. Maybe even turbo'd already!
m.box.design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 01:42 PM   #3170
XanRules
A Very Powerful Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.box.design View Post
Checked the buy/sell page on facebook yet? You can definitely afford another BRZ. Maybe even turbo'd already!
Maybe! I'm not sure it would be a wise choice, however. I have to haul significantly more stuff than I did when I bought the BRZ, having joined a gigging/touring band. I could barely fit my bass in the BRZ, and my amp and merch table sure as heck didn't fit no matter what I did.

PLUS, while unemployed for all of 2016 I racked up a lot of higher-interest debt that needs to be paid off. Probably gonna use the check to pay that off and get a beater to get back on my feet like a responsible adult

I'll still come hang out with you guys though
The Following User Says Thank You to XanRules For This Useful Post:
bcj (10-07-2017)
Old 10-06-2017, 02:02 PM   #3171
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,513 Times in 18,917 Posts
Mentioned: 1106 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Oh great, now I will be nervous putting things in the trunk in downtown Portland.
Go with that. It's justified. Keep your head on a swivel.
Old 10-06-2017, 02:08 PM   #3172
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Well I did say Ultra would be with me!
Hey, buddy, can you spare some change? ...gonna eat that?
Old 10-06-2017, 02:12 PM   #3173
XanRules
A Very Powerful Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post
Hey, buddy, can you spare some change? ...gonna eat that?
I know it was Old Town but I was still astounded at how many people were doing that shit to me while I was sitting next to my demolished car. One lady tried to get into the tow truck. Never go to Old Town, man.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:05 PM   #3174
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Quote:
I know it was Old Town but I was still astounded at how many people were doing that shit to me while I was sitting next to my demolished car. One lady tried to get into the tow truck. Never go to Old Town, man.
My sister said someone kicked her out of her Uber the other day.
Old 10-28-2017, 08:58 PM   #3175
XanRules
A Very Powerful Wizard

Car's totaled, by the way. Picking up a Fiesta ST tomorrow if all goes well. May still come out to meets here and there. It's been fun, y'all!

EDIT: It's been real

Last edited by XanRules; 10-31-2017 at 08:53 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to XanRules For This Useful Post:
funwheeldrive (11-06-2017)
Old 11-06-2017, 05:11 PM   #3176
funwheeldrive

Drives: BANNED FOR TELLING THE TRUTH
Thanked 3,022 Times in 1,409 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Hey guys, I'm probably going to be moving to Washington in the next couple of weeks and had a question. Is it relatively straight forward to buy a Canadian car that's over 25 years old and register it in Washington? I tried Google and can't get any straight forward answers. This would be for a car that was already available in America, not a Skyline or anything exotic like that. Thanks in advance!
funwheeldrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 08:09 PM   #3177
bcj
Geo Tyrebighter Esq

Drives: '13 scion fr-s
Thanked 4,976 Times in 2,195 Posts
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Garage
Can't think of any reason to do that though if it's available domestically.
It can be done, but there will be additional fees and bureaucracy involved for no purpose.
Unless specific options or colors were involved I think it would be a bawl ache.
Old 11-08-2017, 04:20 PM   #3178
funwheeldrive

Drives: BANNED FOR TELLING THE TRUTH
Thanked 3,022 Times in 1,409 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcj View Post
Can't think of any reason to do that though if it's available domestically.
It can be done, but there will be additional fees and bureaucracy involved for no purpose.
Unless specific options or colors were involved I think it would be a bawl ache.
It's a stock 1G AWD DSM which is rare by itself and it's my favorite color.
funwheeldrive is offline   Reply With Quote