follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides

DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides For all DIYs.

User Tag List

Old 06-29-2015, 04:20 PM   #43
Trac Toy

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
And as far as the PCV line went, I went and bought a couple fittings and extended the hose as such.Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435609241.690061.jpg
Views: 1488
Size:  248.5 KB
Trac Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 09:35 AM   #44
MoarGeesPlease

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited SWP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trac Toy View Post
And as far as the PCV line went, I went and bought a couple fittings and extended the hose as such.Attachment 113894
^^This. I just installed my BPB yesterday and I don't feel comfortable with my PCV stretched and clamped with zip ties. I will be doing the same.

6 other bits I noticed during yesterday's install...

1. Just like above, the brake/clutch fluid (?) hose that also attaches on the top of the intake manifold is a little too stretched for my liking. It looks better than the PCV because of hose clamps, but I'm gonna try generic brake/clutch fluid lines at Napa down the block and see how those fare.

2. General parts assembly. Before re-assembling, I cleaned up the 4 mating surfaces with brake cleaner or a little oil and rags being careful not to get much into the heads for obvious reasons. I also (lightly) greased up the o-ring channel, the o-rings, and the same mating surfaces I cleaned to help with sealing.

3. Anyone know the torque rating on the intake manifold bolts? I went with ~20 ft-lbs because it felt secure. I know it's different because of the o-rings not being metal on metal contact, but wasn't entirely sure. Gotta research this one...

4. One of the my driver's side fuel lines is now rubbing on some other line due to the stretching. I'll take a pic of this, but it's near the bracket on top of the manifold mentioned in the video. I put a ribbed/corrugated plastic piece on it for a quick temporary solution.

5. I had 2 CEL's pop-up immediately. I should've written them down, but I cleared them and they haven't come back over 3 restarts and 25 miles in the past 18 hours. One for P-xxx for the manifold air pressure something, and one for something else.

6. My clutch feels less grabby? Maybe it's the extra time the air takes to get into the engine, but now it's much easier to engage the clutch than before. No clutch mods on my car currently so that's very nice.

All in all, feels great on the top of 3rd especially but I really want a tune now. Gonna wait til the warranty expires...

13 BRZ -
03.5 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
97 Acura Integra LS - R.I.P.
MoarGeesPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 12:22 PM   #45
SugarBrz

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk77FT View Post
I think I might've disconnected something because the revs go high ,drop and the engine dies. It most likely be a pvc line. Any other guesses?
Could you find the cause because after the installation of the intake blocks my car does the same?

The revs go high and down an after I thought it revs stable the engine dies promptly.

Guesses are apriciatet!
Old 12-21-2016, 05:43 PM   #46
Hawk77FT

Drives: GTS 86
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarBrz View Post
Could you find the cause because after the installation of the intake blocks my car does the same?

The revs go high and down an after I thought it revs stable the engine dies promptly.

Guesses are apriciatet!
There could be couple of things man!
1. the direct injection computer is not connected to the earth. - bottom screw connects it to the earth
2. The top PVC is disconnected from the engine side. Follow the top two hoses that are hooked into the intake manifold and see if they are still connected at the other end.

Hope that helps.
Hawk77FT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 04:10 PM   #47
BOND007_LTK

Drives: 2013 brz
Can we get some updates pics? The links are broken. I need to know exactly which bolts we are talking about.

I was stuck on the injector unit until I reached on the bottom hidden in view. That didnt seem to be reflected in the video.
BOND007_LTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 12:05 AM   #48
BOND007_LTK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOND007_LTK View Post
Can we get some updates pics? The links are broken. I need to know exactly which bolts we are talking about.

I was stuck on the injector unit until I reached on the bottom hidden in view. That didnt seem to be reflected in the video.
Nvm. Installed it. Pm me for help

Seems like noone is interested in this product anymore but I'm getting good gains. Lots of supporting threads and articles on the gains on this without and esp with tune even if its oft. Have yet to find solid ref re this bpb and catless but I think itll be worth it and think this is a solid investment for natural asp and fairly cheap power.
Old 08-16-2018, 12:06 AM   #49
BOND007_LTK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trac Toy View Post
And as far as the PCV line went, I went and bought a couple fittings and extended the hose as such.Attachment 113894
New product update includes an extension. Fyi all. I have the red blocks.
The Following User Says Thank You to BOND007_LTK For This Useful Post:
MJones_RB (02-14-2019)
Old 08-16-2018, 12:07 AM   #50
BOND007_LTK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoarGeesPlease View Post
^^This. I just installed my BPB yesterday and I don't feel comfortable with my PCV stretched and clamped with zip ties. I will be doing the same.

6 other bits I noticed during yesterday's install...

1. Just like above, the brake/clutch fluid (?) hose that also attaches on the top of the intake manifold is a little too stretched for my liking. It looks better than the PCV because of hose clamps, but I'm gonna try generic brake/clutch fluid lines at Napa down the block and see how those fare.

2. General parts assembly. Before re-assembling, I cleaned up the 4 mating surfaces with brake cleaner or a little oil and rags being careful not to get much into the heads for obvious reasons. I also (lightly) greased up the o-ring channel, the o-rings, and the same mating surfaces I cleaned to help with sealing.

3. Anyone know the torque rating on the intake manifold bolts? I went with ~20 ft-lbs because it felt secure. I know it's different because of the o-rings not being metal on metal contact, but wasn't entirely sure. Gotta research this one...

4. One of the my driver's side fuel lines is now rubbing on some other line due to the stretching. I'll take a pic of this, but it's near the bracket on top of the manifold mentioned in the video. I put a ribbed/corrugated plastic piece on it for a quick temporary solution.

5. I had 2 CEL's pop-up immediately. I should've written them down, but I cleared them and they haven't come back over 3 restarts and 25 miles in the past 18 hours. One for P-xxx for the manifold air pressure something, and one for something else.

6. My clutch feels less grabby? Maybe it's the extra time the air takes to get into the engine, but now it's much easier to engage the clutch than before. No clutch mods on my car currently so that's very nice.

All in all, feels great on the top of 3rd especially but I really want a tune now. Gonna wait til the warranty expires...
Oft allows for flash back to factory tho I'm assuming you meant ecutek ot other custom tune.
Old 09-07-2019, 07:42 PM   #51
Grips&slips

Drives: 99 mazda miata sport
Having the same issues with the car cutting out shortly after starting. All seals are good, hoses secured, ground bolt tightly in place. Any idea why my car won't run after installing theses?
Grips&slips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 07:10 PM   #52
MJones_RB

Drives: Scion FR-S Series 10 #2462
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grips&slips View Post
Having the same issues with the car cutting out shortly after starting. All seals are good, hoses secured, ground bolt tightly in place. Any idea why my car won't run after installing theses?
Did you unplug your battery for 20 minutes after installing to restart the ECU?
MJones_RB is offline   Reply With Quote