follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 04-23-2013, 10:07 AM   #995
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,936 Times in 11,375 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
One gripe with the Pioneer headunit that I was reminded of this morning while driving and talking on an emergency conference call bridge.

Why in the world when you are on a call in BT do you have to push F6 first then mute/unmute? Makes absolutely no sense. Couldn't the F6 button just be Mute?

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:58 PM   #996
Timtamtt

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Clear tails and antenna is my complaints. Oh and the hpfp chirp!!! Arghhh :shakefist: makes my new car sound broken
Timtamtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:51 PM   #997
nalc

Drives: 13 BRZ Limited 6MT GBS
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
A couple days into it

Not a huge fan of the factory head unit. I'd rather have something like the FR-S factory one - just give me AM/FM radio, maybe a 3.5mm line in if you're generous. Not a huge fan of having to take my eyes off the road to switch radio stations. It's a shame there aren't physical buttons for switching tracks/radio presets on the unit, nor on the steering wheel. Doing anything with the GPS is slow and clunky compared to my phone, and having to wait ~5 seconds then hit "I agree" every time you either switch from audio to navigation or turn off the car. The "Automatic connection failed" thing is getting tiresome as well - I know it failed, I don't have bluetooth turned on on my phone right now.

The BRZ Limited keyless entry is nice, but it'd be nice to be able to have it unlock the passenger side door if the key is detected on the drivers side, not just the passenger side. If I'm travelling with someone, I need to either walk around to their side and unlock it, press the button on the key fob, or open mine with the keyless and then press the unlock button on the inside of the door.

Otherwise, I don't mind the low power, the seat belt isn't giving me any issues, the blind spots are minimal when mirrors are adjusted properly, or many of the other complaints. My 2nd gear does seem to be a little clunky from time to time, but it's not a huge issue, and I don't really mind the bizarre center console with the lack of an armrest (I go back and forth from shifter to wheel, the smaller diameter, stiffer wheel makes 2 handed driving feel normal, I don't find myself flopping my right arm down on the armrest spot) or the odd cigarette lighter location (I'm planning on hardwiring the stuff I always use anyway).

I also get a bit of a kick from the people complaining about the lack of features that were available, but they elected not to get. Seen about a million "No HIDs", "No heated seats", and other complaints about stuff that they don't have, but is available. If it was that big of a deal, why didn't you just get your car with them? I guess to be fair to them, though, I got my car very late in the model year run and didn't have to pay a crazy markup or wait 3 months or anything like that, so I guess it's a little legitimate if you couldn't/wouldn't spend the extra time & money to get the trim that has them.
nalc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nalc For This Useful Post:
hobojoker (04-27-2013), HotLeopardMama (04-23-2013)
Old 04-23-2013, 05:04 PM   #998
Norkoastal
Never on Time Always Late

Drives: #silenced crickets
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Oh you third brake light from hell... You can just kick rocks!! Horrible design which is prone to cracking and buzzing under the right exhaust note.. Can't wait for a shave, cover replacement smooth LED strip option...
Old 04-23-2013, 06:51 PM   #999
root

Drives: Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norkoastal View Post
Oh you third brake light from hell... You can just kick rocks!! Horrible design which is prone to cracking and buzzing under the right exhaust note.. Can't wait for a shave, cover replacement smooth LED strip option...
Oh yeah, the ET head high mount stop is really ugly. Not something I notice all the time so it doesn't bug me much though.
root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:57 PM   #1000
2point0

Drives: '13 BRZ Ltd WRB
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Garage
Haha for the first few weeks whenever I'd look to the sides, I'd see some prick riding my ass from the corner of my eye....turn around and then curse that damn 3rd brake light. Should have been something slim at the top like the Z...or is it the G? I dunno, one or both of those.
2point0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:02 PM   #1001
2point0

Drives: '13 BRZ Ltd WRB
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalc View Post
A couple days into itThe BRZ Limited keyless entry is nice, but it'd be nice to be able to have it unlock the passenger side door if the key is detected on the drivers side, not just the passenger side. If I'm travelling with someone, I need to either walk around to their side and unlock it, press the button on the key fob, or open mine with the keyless and then press the unlock button on the inside of the door.
First off, you should really open the door for your passenger. It's just a nice thing to do.

Secondly, or if your passengers are always dudes, you can change this. Just go to the dealer and have them fix it up for you so both doors unlock from the driver's door sensor. There are heaps more options as well, there's a thread here somewhere...or maybe it's on NASIOC. I get so confused.
2point0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:36 PM   #1002
Number 6

Drives: Limited 2013 Pearl White - Manual
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalc View Post
The BRZ Limited keyless entry is nice, but it'd be nice to be able to have it unlock the passenger side door if the key is detected on the drivers side, not just the passenger side. If I'm travelling with someone, I need to either walk around to their side and unlock it, press the button on the key fob, or open mine with the keyless and then press the unlock button on the inside of the door.
You can change this yourself:

For the limited: Open the driver door with the car off, hold down the lock and panic buttons on the key fob for approx 5 seconds.

When you let go the car should beep. Now both doors will unlock when you touch the door handle.
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Number 6 For This Useful Post:
BoxRZ_86 (04-24-2013)
Old 04-24-2013, 08:37 AM   #1003
BoxRZ_86

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited SWP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
I have had my brz for 1 week, my biggest gripe, no easy place for my sunglasses or wallet to go without taking up a valueable space in my cup holder or something. And the engine is just rough compared to my old tsx. But driving experience is just a joy everytime.
BoxRZ_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:48 PM   #1004
nalc

Drives: 13 BRZ Limited 6MT GBS
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanks for the heads up. It's just goofy if I'm walking to the car at the same time as my passenger, I either need to go around their side, fumble in my pocket, or open my door then hit the unlock button inside.

I guess in my old 4-door Legacy GT it was nice that the first unlock click only did the driver's door, but it's not as relevant of a feature on a 2-door car. I'll change it via the method you posted.
nalc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:11 PM   #1005
BoxRZ_86

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited SWP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 6 View Post
You can change this yourself:

For the limited: Open the driver door with the car off, hold down the lock and panic buttons on the key fob for approx 5 seconds.

When you let go the car should beep. Now both doors will unlock when you touch the door handle.
This worked perfectly, when I bought the car this was the first thing I asked the dealer to change and the tech guys were puzzled and didn't know how to change the setting.. thank you
BoxRZ_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:16 PM   #1006
Rachey's FR-S

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Asphalt 6MT
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
That I have such an awesome looking car that attracts CHP too easily.

One speeding ticket, 2 warnings about no front plates, 1 fix-it for front tint .... oh... maybe that's why too
Rachey's FR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:47 PM   #1007
Cruisingarne

Drives: Black beauty
Having the car for four weeks, there are some issues telling that it don't have that "final touch". No high adjustment on passenger seat. When you put something in back seat, the front seat doesn't remember possition. (Bucketbackseat perfect for grossaries when driving fast) Not possible to split back seat. (3seats and luggage space is perfect for touring)
Cruisingarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:48 AM   #1008
PR FR-S

Drives: 2013 FR-S, Asphalt
Crappy Stock Tires and Ugly Radio head Unit.

OEM Stereo is so ugly I had to replace it with an aftermarket unit.

William
PR FR-S is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ha ha!, hate, playerhatersball, potatopants