follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 05-01-2012, 05:26 PM   #15
Khyron686

Drives: 2011 Outlander XLS, 2013 FR-S Blue
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfcman View Post
My dealer (Calgary) told me that a test car will arrive tomorrow, for a few hours, hopefully not in the morning.
Which dealer - South Pointe has it on Thurs.

Henninger is Sat.

Last edited by Khyron686; 05-01-2012 at 05:40 PM.
Khyron686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:16 PM   #16
hfcman

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khyron686 View Post
Which dealer - South Pointe has it on Thurs.

Henninger is Sat.
Charlesglen has it tomorrow, I've reserved a test drive at 8, hopefully it will still be there.
hfcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:19 PM   #17
Khyron686

Drives: 2011 Outlander XLS, 2013 FR-S Blue
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I spoke too soon - Henninger is Monday - they get the car on Sat but no test drives until Monday. I will check out on Thurs at South Pointe but specs unknown. Hen has a blue manual which is what I want. Blue has already been spotted out and about.
Khyron686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:48 PM   #18
jenzan

Drives: '13 Subaru BRZ SSP 6 MT Sport Tech
Quote:
Charlesglen has it tomorrow, I've reserved a test drive at 8, hopefully it will still be there.
Wait, you have to reserve a test drive? Darn, I really just wanted to drop by and test drive one. Soooo jealous...
jenzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:26 AM   #19
hfcman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenzan View Post
Wait, you have to reserve a test drive? Darn, I really just wanted to drop by and test drive one. Soooo jealous...
I've received a call from my dealer past saturday, and he doesn't know what time the car will arrive/leave. But he said "Just touching base again quickly, I wanted to make sure I made time for you this week. When were you hoping to come in and test drive?" I guess I will be test driving it tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

I am hoping it is an automatic, as it is something I wanted to test out.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:37 AM   #20
jenzan

Quote:
I've received a call from my dealer past saturday, and he doesn't know what time the car will arrive/leave. But he said "Just touching base again quickly, I wanted to make sure I made time for you this week. When were you hoping to come in and test drive?" I guess I will be test driving it tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

I am hoping it is an automatic, as it is something I wanted to test out.
Man, now I'm just annoyed...I had to call the new car sales manager today to see what was going on with the car and he said he had no idea when they were coming in and could only tell me the price for the car. Which of course is now plastered all over the internet anyways. I'm going to call again tomorrow and see if anything else has changed.

Also, did you only put a deposit or did you out right buy it already? I'm wondering if that has anything to do with the service I'm receiving.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:36 AM   #21
hfcman

Quote:
Also, did you only put a deposit or did you out right buy it already? I'm wondering if that has anything to do with the service I'm receiving.
Just the $500 deposit.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:44 AM   #22
SCIONMONTREAL

Drives: TC
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Man, now I'm just annoyed...I had to call the new car sales manager today to see what was going on with the car and he said he had no idea when they were coming in and could only tell me the price for the car. Which of course is now plastered all over the internet anyways. I'm going to call again tomorrow and see if anything else has changed.

I remember last summer with the IQ and Prius V

All of a sudden production line is halted and customers are going around the showrooms with these

SCIONMONTREAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:52 AM   #23
Jehuty77

Drives: AE86
My dealership hasnt called me even once to update me on anything, I've had to do all the communicating and they take multiple days to respond.

The other day i recieved an email from them, it was the exact same email they sent me like 2 months ago including the text "Thanks for coming by the office the other day", i dunno jsut makes me sit there and go "really..."

Whens my test drive?
Jehuty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:28 PM   #24
jenzan

Quote:
I remember last summer with the IQ and Prius V

All of a sudden production line is halted and customers are going around the showrooms with these

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehuty77 View Post
My dealership hasnt called me even once to update me on anything, I've had to do all the communicating and they take multiple days to respond.

The other day i recieved an email from them, it was the exact same email they sent me like 2 months ago including the text "Thanks for coming by the office the other day", i dunno jsut makes me sit there and go "really..."

Whens my test drive?
I totally agree, same boat, I just want the damn test drive as well, might have to go over to Scion to get a test drive...

Oh and kudos on the nickname, I love ZoE!
Old 05-02-2012, 04:34 PM   #25
KingGeo

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by normancw View Post
Thanks for the info. Did they say when they expected the first cars to arrive?

I was the second person to pre-order at Tony Graham (black). I just got called to come in to select options - I'm going in tomorrow afternoon. I'll post what I find out.
they didnt give me any ETA at all. but i have NOT put down a deposit or anything so they are not going to talk to me the same way as those already in line.

i got an email today inviting me to the viewing (no test drive) on the 9th at 7pm. that will be the real test for me... im worried about leg room as i am 6'2" but mostly legs with knee problems! i drive an 09 corolla right now and it is to cramped, long drives kill me... if the FRS does not have a little more then i might have to pass on it
KingGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:38 PM   #26
Duff_man

Drives: Ultramarine FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingGeo View Post
they didnt give me any ETA at all. but i have NOT put down a deposit or anything so they are not going to talk to me the same way as those already in line.

i got an email today inviting me to the viewing (no test drive) on the 9th at 7pm. that will be the real test for me... im worried about leg room as i am 6'2" but mostly legs with knee problems! i drive an 09 corolla right now and it is to cramped, long drives kill me... if the FRS does not have a little more then i might have to pass on it

There has been plenty or reviews saying that there's more then enough leg room! at least if there's nobody sitting behind!
I wouldn't be worried much about that, but I understand that you want to try it for yourself!
Duff_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:19 AM   #27
hfcman

I've tried out the car tonight, and the rear seats are not too too bad, I'm 5'10, and I can fit into the seat behind the driver and there is still enough room for a guy my size to drive. However, my feet are pretty much jammed under the driver's seat.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:55 AM   #28
Lawnik

Drives: Flat grey Toyota 86
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
which Calgary dealership?

Im in town and would like to check it out if possible. thanks
Lawnik is offline   Reply With Quote