follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 12-27-2018, 02:55 AM   #85
suzyj

Drives: 2018 86 GTS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Like. I have the Toyota version, but with exactly the same wheels/brakes/suspension. What’s the reason for the wheel swap?
suzyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 01:01 AM   #86
QueenBRZ

Drives: 2017 BRZ Dark Grey Metallic
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Hey all! So I finally was able to narrow down my tire selection for my WedSport TC105n's and ended up going with the Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's in 245/40/17. A lot of people on here and on youtube highly recommended the tires so I bit the bullet and bought the tires. As of now, I'm very excited to see how they handle. This weekend I had some time and finally put the wheels/tires on my car and wow am I impressed! Also, I picked up some aluminum hubcentric rings from Counterspace Garage for the Wedsports so I wouldnt have any fitment issues. The rings came packaged nicely and swiftly, just in time for my install. Anyways, check out the pictures below!

I absolutely love how they change the look of my car versus the stock performance package wheels. If you guys noticed, I also bought some Muteki PURPLE lug nuts to match my subtle purple color scheme. I feel the purple lugnuts + my red brembo's really do add some color to my car and I love it! As for the fitment, the fitment is perfect as the wheels are 17X9 +35, and they clear my brembos without any problems. In addition, thanks to my Racecomp Engineering Super Street-1 coilovers, I can easily change the height if I need to. But as of right now, the ride height is currently about 1 finger gap all around. I'm thinking I should probably raise it a little bit, but I kind of like how flush it looks right now. What do you guys think? Keep the height or raise it?

Also, I'm wondering if I should roll my rear fenders with these wheels. I noticed the rear fenders have a little bit of a lip on the inside, yet I havent experienced any rubbing issues so far. Any information you guys have on whether or not I should roll my fenders would greatly be appreciated.

Finally, I created a small video on my youtube channel showing my install of the new wheels. If you guys are curious check out my video below.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvf5ucV84Qg[/ame]

Anyways, that's it for my update guys. I have my first track day with 86cup on February 9th, at Chuckwalla. I'm super excited for that and will probably be doing some track prep(high temp brake fluid, oil change) in the coming week to get my car ready for the big day. If any of you are attending that day, please stop by and say hey, I'd love to meet some other 86 enthusiasts.

Last edited by QueenBRZ; 01-22-2019 at 01:14 AM.
QueenBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QueenBRZ For This Useful Post:
Lonewolf (01-29-2019), Racecomp Engineering (01-28-2019)
Old 01-22-2019, 03:45 AM   #87
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: GR Corolla
Thanked 3,017 Times in 1,859 Posts
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Build is coming along nicely. Any aesthetic mods planned aside from that wing riser?

I wouldn't mind my DD (a Yaris) having an UEL rumble, but that would mean it would sound more "Subaru" like than my FR-S. lol. Also, it's impossible for the Yaris to have an UEL header.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 01:48 PM   #88
QueenBRZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
Build is coming along nicely. Any aesthetic mods planned aside from that wing riser?

I wouldn't mind my DD (a Yaris) having an UEL rumble, but that would mean it would sound more "Subaru" like than my FR-S. lol. Also, it's impossible for the Yaris to have an UEL header.
I’ve been contemplating buying the OEM Front lip for the brz, but I’m still undecided. I know for a fact I will be replacing the orange side markers with some clear or smoked variant.

Overall though, I’ve always been a fan of the OEM + look. I’m not about to make this car look too crazy with a giant rear diffuser or rear wing. For me the car is simply a fun daily / weekend track warrior. I might go UEL headers, but again I’m undecided.
The Following User Says Thank You to QueenBRZ For This Useful Post:
Rampage (01-22-2019)
Old 01-22-2019, 04:10 PM   #89
Rampage
Senior Member/Old Fanboi

Drives: 2000 2ZZ-GE MR2 Spyder HT
Thanked 2,014 Times in 915 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
My advice: Do not roll the fenders unless you have to. If there is no rubbing then there is no reason to do it. Rolling sometimes results in paint stress and cracking along the edge of the fenders which then leads to rust sometime down the road.

Also do not raise it unless you are having clearance problems on your daily drive or rubbing issues. It looks just about perfect as it sits, IMO.

I am an OEM+ guy so I love the direction you have taken with the car. Great look.
QueenBRZ (01-23-2019)
Old 01-22-2019, 07:33 PM   #90
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: GR Corolla
Thanked 3,017 Times in 1,859 Posts
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenBRZ View Post
I’ve been contemplating buying the OEM Front lip for the brz, but I’m still undecided. I know for a fact I will be replacing the orange side markers with some clear or smoked variant.

Overall though, I’ve always been a fan of the OEM + look. I’m not about to make this car look too crazy with a giant rear diffuser or rear wing. For me the car is simply a fun daily / weekend track warrior. I might go UEL headers, but again I’m undecided.
Yeah, I'm the same way. I like to call it, "looks-like-it-can-come-from-the-factory-like-that." haha. I'd prefer the clear front side markers, but considering you have a smoke/dark overlay in your taillight, my vote would go to a smoked front. Maybe get an OEM clear, and put the same vinyl you used on your taillight? That way, if you get bored with it, you can remove it, and bam, new look with clear.

I think with the kouki BRZ, they styled the front very nicely and some what aggressively. The problem, for me, is with the sides and rear. Those look too simple in relation to the front.

I have the same wheels as you, and slightly lower (0 finger gap). I don't rub in the rear, and only rub on the front when cornering hard (Flex Z coilovers).
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kaotic Lazagna For This Useful Post:
QueenBRZ (01-23-2019)
Old 01-23-2019, 11:41 AM   #91
jflogerzi

Drives: 2013 Series 10 6MT FR-S
Thanked 2,013 Times in 1,457 Posts
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Garage
Looks really good. I would say try it out a bit at the current ride height. If you scrape to much raise it up. For track it should be good. You got nice coilovers that can handle a bit more of a drop. I plan to try and be there for the Feb 9th track date.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
2013 Series 10 FRS #553
RCE T2's, SPC LCAs -4/2.6 camber
JDL 4-2-1 EL, FP and OP, Tuned by Zach@CSG on e85
RR Wilwood Front/Rear Sport BBK, Motul 600 Fluid
ARC-8 17x9 SX2 GTs 245s/Koing 17x8 v730's 225's
jflogerzi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jflogerzi For This Useful Post:
QueenBRZ (01-23-2019)
Old 01-23-2019, 11:53 AM   #92
wolffbite
Just the tip

Drives: 2017 DGM BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Great build, and of course I think you have excellent taste in paint colour . I too love the OEM+ look. Smoked sidemarkers look great on DGM.

The STI front lip is a great add-on in my opinion for both looks and function. While it does effectively give you less clearance at the front, I'd much rather bang up that piece of plastic that my actual painted bumper.
wolffbite is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wolffbite For This Useful Post:
QueenBRZ (01-23-2019)
Old 01-28-2019, 11:22 AM   #93
Racecomp Engineering

Drives: 2016 BRZ, 2012 Paris Di2 & 2018 STI
Thanked 7,242 Times in 2,963 Posts
Mentioned: 303 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Racecomp Engineering
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenBRZ View Post
What do you guys think? Keep the height or raise it?
Looks great! Those wheels were on my list initially too. IMO, just raising the rear a smidge would go a long way, but you certainly don't have to.

- Andrew
Racecomp Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Racecomp Engineering For This Useful Post:
QueenBRZ (01-28-2019)
Old 01-28-2019, 10:39 PM   #94
QueenBRZ

Hey all so this weekend I hung out with some fellow 86 / BRZ enthusiasts in Socal and decided to do a mini feature / photoshoot of our cars. Since getting my new wheels, I've been dying to get some proper shots of the car. Also, for those of you on Instagram, you may recognize one of the more prominent and popular 86 owners in the video (hint tfadterrance)

Anyways, check out the video below if you want to see the montage.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8LXjjILG3o[/ame]

Last edited by QueenBRZ; 02-02-2019 at 10:22 PM.
Racecomp Engineering (01-29-2019)
Old 01-28-2019, 10:48 PM   #95
Decep

Drives: 2013 FR-S Series 10
Still liking the RCE SuperStreets? I'm waiting for mine.
Decep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 11:36 PM   #96
QueenBRZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decep View Post
Still liking the RCE SuperStreets? I'm waiting for mine.
I love them! They are actually awesome with their adjustability. For daily driving the ride is soft and compliant. Best of all, when I want to change up the dampening all I have to do is turn the adjustment knobs and they unleash a whole new level of performance. The coilovers are Definitely my favorite purchase and would be the first thing I would buy, if I had to do it all
Over again.
Racecomp Engineering (01-29-2019)
Old 02-02-2019, 10:16 PM   #97
QueenBRZ

Smile

Hey guys, so today I made a how to exhaust install video for my new ARK Performance Grip catback exhaust. Initial impressions of the exhaust system are amazing. The quality of the welds and craftsmanship that went into the exhaust are very apparent.

One of the major concerns I had when shopping for an exhaust system was minimizing drone and finding a quality exhaust. Through my research, I discovered ARK Performance utilized Helmholtz resonators on their exhaust system, to vastly improve the dailyability (is that a word?) of their exhausts. The Helmholtz resonators drastically reduce the amount of drone typically found with exhaust systems. In addition, the quality and look of their exhausts was greatly appealing to me.

I mean check out this image of their exhaust system! it looks absolutely beautiful.

Anyways, due to the styling, quality, and lack of drone, I had to pull the trigger and buy the exhaust.

After installing the exhaust, I think I fell in love with my BRZ all over again. I absolutely love how it looks and sounds. The exhaust is definitely a big improvement over my old Greddy SP Axleback exhaust.

If yall want to check out my install / review / along with drive bys with the exhaust installed, check out my youtube video below.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DpCPhx3uGQ[/ame]
Old 02-10-2019, 11:00 PM   #98
QueenBRZ

Hey guys, so yesterday was 86 Cup Round 2 at Chuckwalla Raceway! This was my first track day and wow was it amazing. The course was the clockwise configuration and boy was it fast; way faster than autocross. I'm still in awe on how much fun and great the day was.

It's official, I'm addicted to that track life!

Obviously I'm very much a beginner and still learning, so take it easy on me guys with the comments. I'm no Aryton Senna!

Check out the pictures:

Also guys, I posted a video of the experience on my youtube channel. Check it out below if you want more info!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYLKDLHY2nE[/ame]
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to QueenBRZ For This Useful Post:
Lococholo84 (02-15-2019), MrSkubi (02-15-2019), PuslarBrrrz (02-17-2019), Zer0 (02-11-2019)