follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Old 04-20-2018, 05:04 PM   #2171
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,046 Times in 8,323 Posts
Mentioned: 676 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Alright, I've watch pretty decent amount of this season's anime. I am still waiting on some of anime to release... but most of em came out 2~3 epi, so thought to share some of my feedback... part 1. It's hellova long list, so I need a break in between. lol

Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season - Watch til 2nd epi and I've heard summer camp arc suppose to be good arc, so I'm kinda excited about it. If you like previous series or like hero anime, worth look into.
Tokyo Ghoul:re - So far mix feeling. I saw season 1 & 2 of Tokyo Ghoul and thought it was pretty well made, so I had a bit of high expectation... but they've soften up a bit and I highly doubt they gonna make it more serious than as is.
Steins;Gate 0 - I gonna hold my opinion on this one til... few more epi comes out. Feels like they're teasing us atm.
Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online - Some might notice that, this SAO is a bit different feel to it than other SAO. Well cuz Light Novel for this story is different writer from original SAO writer. So I'm interested to see how this gonna turns out. If you like SAO GGO arc, or those gun anime, look into it.
Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen - I'll be honest, I was very disappointed with last season of Shokugeki no Souma, so I wasn't sure gonna watch it... but I must say, it was decently good.
High School DxD Hero - This series was one of biggest worry series for this season. Cuz they changed studio, so I was worried that it won't be as good as other 3 seasons. 1st epi was good, so I'm hoping it'll be good.
Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii - If you're Otaku, you kinda get this anime joke. Overall it's funny... but you need to know Japanese Otaku culture and Otaku vocab to understand some of the jokes. If you liked Net-juu no Susume or Watashi ga Motete Dousunda, you might like it.
Persona 5 the Animation - Just like playing P5, it's awesome. Not sure how they gonna compact P5 into 24 epi... so interested to see where they gonna cut and where they gonna keep or which route they gonna take from the game. Highly recommend it!
Megalo Box - Not sure anyone read or saw Ashitano Joe, but it's pretty much modern day ver of Ashitano Joe. I think it's a perfect timing to bring this series, cuz Ashitano Joe was and still is the top well known boxing manga/anime of all time and it's their 50th anniversary. If you like action sci-fi w boxing, worth looking into.
Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai - It's kinda like PhotoKano and other love comedy series. If you're into that kind of genre, look into it.
3D Kanojo: Real Girl - This is kinda like Tada-kun, but more serious love...? Maybe odd love story might be right words for it. One of my friend is pushing this more than Tada-kun, but I think I'll watch both. Cuz both looks interesting.
Devils Line - Other than graphic & plot sucks, not sure what to add to this series... boring?
Hinamatsuri - This series had me since 1st epi. It's funny as hell! 3rd epi have more serious stuff, but they haven't fail me laughing out loud. Want some comedy in your life this season? Watch this!
Comic Girls - This series reminds me of Hidamari Sketch. Simple yet cute slice of life series with few extra fan service stuff.
Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou - Looks like it's a adaptation of the original anime which came out 80's... If you like Space Battle Ship Yamato or Tytania, worth looking into. Specially they've brought very well known voice casts.
Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory - I've been waiting over 10 yrs for them to bring new FMP series... and they've finally did! Saw 2 epi and they made serious series, just like 1st & 3rd season. If you liked Heavy Object or fan of original FMP series, it's a must watch series.
Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi - If you add food, reverse harem and ayakashi (demon) and make an anime what happens? This anime comes out. By any means it's not bad... but not great either. If you like those genre, look into it.
Uma Musume: Pretty Derby - Recent years, horse racing have been more popular than usual. (due to one of Enka singer) Japanese people go crazy over pop idols, so what they do? Make a girl that kind looks like horse that'll do racing AND mix pop idol to it. Why? IDK, but all I can say is so weird anime.
Tachibanakan Triangle - Short slice of life series about 6 girls. Nothing more to say than this. Not that great.
Dorei-ku - Art isn't the best for this series, but love the concept of this series. I'm interested to see how the plot gonna go. If you like Kakegurui or Future Dairy, both looking into.
Akkun to Kanojo - It's another short slice of life, love comedy series. It's a lot better than Tachibanakan, so if you wanna watch short anime (3~4 mins long), check it out.
Amanchu! Advance - I wasn't expecting this series gonna come out with 2nd season. Well I was wrong. Nothing wrong with this series... just lil bit slower side, but art is great and there are few laughing point to make you laugh. BUT if you wanna watch it, make sure to watch the 1st season before hand.
Uchuu Senkan Tiramisł - This series is trolling all the space robot anime it came out. That including Gundam, Macross and so on. Even you don't know or haven't watch it, if you like comedy, you'll like it.
Lupin III: Part 5 - I love Lupin 3rd series since I was young age and I've read and watch almost all that came out. This one, you kinda need to know background of Lupin and enemies and friend around him, but if you know the basic of it, you'll love it. Check it out!
Hoozuki no Reitetsu 3rd Season - IDK why, but I love this series. Every season it come on, I enjoy every episode. They just go to all different part of Japanese hell and explain it. That's pretty much it... but it's funny and makes me want to watch it more. It's all comedy, so if you like to learn about Japanese hell in comedy way, check it out.
Old 04-22-2018, 08:25 PM   #2172
Nevermore
Wayward Member

Drives: Hot Lava 86
Thanked 2,312 Times in 1,386 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Tachibanakan Triangle - Short slice of life series about 6 girls. Nothing more to say than this. Not that great.
What? How could you forget to mention it's an ecchi reverse reverse harem where the MC is a girl and all the girls fall in love with her for little to no reason.
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 12:26 PM   #2173
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
What? How could you forget to mention it's an ecchi reverse reverse harem where the MC is a girl and all the girls fall in love with her for little to no reason.
Touche, forgot to mention that, but overall I rather watch Slow Comic w girl love life than this series... but that's just me.
Old 04-23-2018, 04:34 PM   #2174
oso_25
OH HEY NOW!!!!

Drives: 2013 Scion Fr-s Asphalt
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Highschool DxD: I still have to get used to the artwork I thought I would be ok with it when the trailer came out for this season. For some reason after watching the first 2 episodes I can not adjust to the animation.

My brother said that I need to see Full Metal Panic! he said that I would like it. Plus I liked heavy objects.
oso_25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 02:40 PM   #2175
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Alright part 2 of my Spring 2018 anime.

Major 2nd - I'm surprised to see they made a 2nd gen series... just like Naruto, main chars's son become the main chara. If you like baseball anime or like original Major series you might like it.
Rokuhoudou Yotsuiro Biyori - This is soft fujyoshi anime. If you like this anime. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you might enjoy just general Japanese food/drink show.
Gundam Build Divers - New Gundam Build series. They changed how you dive and interact with and against other players. Pretty cool concept and if you're maniac of Gundam or building gunplay, this is a MUST WATCH series.
Souten no Ken Re:Genesis - I've always loved First of North Star and other prequels and sequels. This time around, they made the whole thing 3D. Chara looks weird and fight scene still isn't good... I'll wait to see it'll improve.
Gurazeni - They usually don't put 2 baseball genre anime at the same time, but they did. This series explains a bit more about Japanese baseball more than Major will. If you want to learn about basic Japanese baseball and their lives, this is the show to watch.
Nobunaga no Shinobi: Anegawa Ishiyama-hen - This is 3rd season and I'm still enjoying it! It's a short epi (3~4 mins) about Nobunaga Oda aka Demon Lord and his shinobi/ninja history. I love these kind of series that makes real history into anime and funny. I wish they made school history class this interesting. I would of learned more lol
Isekai Izakaya - Just like last yr summer season anime Isekai Shokudou series, it's about this izakaya is connected to different world. It's not as good as Isekai Shokudou, but if you liked that series, it's worth looking into.
Golden Kamuy - I like it... but meh at the same time. Something about it that doesn't catch my attention.
Caligula - This series kinda reminds me of Angel Beats. It's weird... but not weird enough to keep you away from watching it. If you like Angel Beats without comedy, this is something you should try.

I'm still watching Darling in the FranXX, Black Clover, Boruto, Nanatsu no Taizai, Cardcaptor Sakura, Saiki Kusuo no sainan 2nd season, Basilisk, & Hakyuu Houshin Engi.

I also want to watch other series that came out this season... but currently doesn't look interesting enough to watch it, so might not watch it.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:23 AM   #2176
Cartman

Drives: 10 Series Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post

I'm still watching Darling in the FranXX
What did you think about that last Episode?

Personally I think it was the best episode in the series so far, and opened quite a few questions... I need me some more episodes.
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 11:38 AM   #2177
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
What did you think about that last Episode?

Personally I think it was the best episode in the series so far, and opened quite a few questions... I need me some more episodes.
I haven't had a chance to watch epi 14 or 15. I've heard it goes crazy, but sounds like a lot of ppl hating it more than loving it. I'm hoping to see it this weekend.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:14 PM   #2178
Cartman

Quote:
I haven't had a chance to watch epi 14 or 15. I've heard it goes crazy, but sounds like a lot of ppl hating it more than loving it. I'm hoping to see it this weekend.
Oh, you did well... holding a week full of rage was not pleasant thanks to Epi 14... 15 was amazing!
Old 04-25-2018, 12:51 PM   #2179
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
Oh, you did well... holding a week full of rage was not pleasant thanks to Epi 14... 15 was amazing!
Haha my friend went berserk when he saw epi 14... so that's why I didn't watch it. Forgot that epi 15 came out, so hoping this wkend I can watch epi 14~16.
Old 04-25-2018, 01:15 PM   #2180
Nevermore
Wayward Member

Drives: Hot Lava 86
Thanked 2,312 Times in 1,386 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
I forget which episode it was, but the one where we get more backstory on Hiro and Zero Two was probably the best one yet, imho.
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 04:07 PM   #2181
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Quote:
I forget which episode it was, but the one where we get more backstory on Hiro and Zero Two was probably the best one yet, imho.
Prob epi 15
Old 04-25-2018, 06:43 PM   #2182
Cartman

Quote:
Quote:
Prob epi 15
That was episode 13.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cartman For This Useful Post:
ichitaka05 (04-25-2018)
Old 04-25-2018, 06:44 PM   #2183
Cartman

Quote:
Haha my friend went berserk when he saw epi 14... so that's why I didn't watch it. Forgot that epi 15 came out, so hoping this wkend I can watch epi 14~16.
I read there was no episode 16 this week since its golden week... But your friend had every right... Episode 14 had me seeing red... but episode 15 makes up for it in the most pleasing way.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cartman For This Useful Post:
ichitaka05 (04-27-2018)
Old 04-27-2018, 04:42 PM   #2184
stranger things
The Upside Down

Drives: '13 FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Just finished watching season 1 of the oddly named Durarara! Pretty cool. I liked how the pieces of the puzzle started coming together as the episodes progressed. Interesting set of characters.

By the way, is anyone here part of the Dollars?

Tags
anime, ecchi