follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions

Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions Discuss all other cars and automotive news here.

User Tag List

Old 02-23-2015, 03:51 PM   #57
HunterGreene
Hail Magnet

Drives: Firestorm FR-S: "Artemis"
Thanked 3,195 Times in 1,633 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
....Once we cleared the slower car the follower jumped in to the right lane and sped up to come along side of me. When he had the opportunity he came over and started door banging - to the horror of my wife.

I learned a lesson. If a guy is such a douche as to not want to let you in, be patient and let him pass. Why try and aggravate a fcktard. If he doesn't have the sense to share the road then he might not have any sense at all.
Unless there was a car behind me, there are two options. If you have a gun, thats a great time to demonstrate this to this asshole. The other option (which is faster and likely safer if there are no cars behind you) is to hit the brakes and let the punk drive off with a stupid look on his face--hopefully looking back at you for long enough that he goes off the road and realizes how dumb he is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
It has priests in it?
HunterGreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 03:52 PM   #58
Hoosier Daddy

Drives: '13 Denali, '15 Volt, soon a BRZ?
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterGreene View Post
Unless there was a car behind me, there are two options. If you have a gun, thats a great time to demonstrate this to this asshole. The other option (which is faster and likely safer if there are no cars behind you) is to hit the brakes and let the punk drive off with a stupid look on his face--hopefully looking back at you for long enough that he goes off the road and realizes how dumb he is.
Well, about the gun, then I'd be just as stupid as that guy. What I actually did was slam on the brakes!
Hoosier Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 05:37 PM   #59
Ryoung91

Drives: 2013 FRS
My job requires me driving an ambulance and 9 times out of 10, if I signal to get over, the car in the adjacent lane will speed up to pass me regardless of how much space I have to change lanes. I tested out a theory that I would be more successful changing lanes without using my turn signal and as expected, I can get over almost every single time without an issue. Oh how irritating it can be...
Ryoung91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 11:02 AM   #60
N234

Drives:
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eski View Post
The rules are simple and as follows:
1. The left lane is mine. GTFO
2. If you are not going at least 10 over the speed limit, GTFO
3. If you dont know how to drive, signal, merge on and off the freeway properly, dont get behind the wheel.
4. Refer to rule number 1.
I partly disagree with number 2. It has nothing to do with individual speed. If tragic is flowing at 10 under and I'm at the limit, the passing lane is in fact mine... You must be passing, and when finished passing, you must ALWAYS gtfo.

Nobody, including the driver at ten over, twenty over, thirty over, 80 over, has the right to determine the minimum speed. Every driver should exit the left lane BEFORE another driver has caught up to them.

Ego says: "I'm already going x over the limit. If you want to pass me, you are a reckless idiot and can do it in the right."

Ego is me paraphrasing a radio host in the Toronto area.
N234 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to N234 For This Useful Post:
daiheadjai (02-26-2015), strat61caster (02-24-2015), Tcoat (02-26-2015)
Old 02-26-2015, 02:54 PM   #61
daiheadjai

Drives: 2003 S2000, 2008 Fit
Thanked 1,154 Times in 688 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryoung91 View Post
My job requires me driving an ambulance and 9 times out of 10, if I signal to get over, the car in the adjacent lane will speed up to pass me regardless of how much space I have to change lanes. I tested out a theory that I would be more successful changing lanes without using my turn signal and as expected, I can get over almost every single time without an issue. Oh how irritating it can be...
Conclusion of this very scientific experiment: People = assholes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
I did that one time.

Traveling up a fairly empty I-81 with my wife at about 80 click through WV I wanted to pass an up coming car in the right lane. I had a trailing car in the left lane about 5 car lengths back mirroring my speed. As soon as I put on the left blinker the left-laner accelerated to block me from exiting the lane I was in. There was plenty of time and space up ahead to the slow car so I continued to merge over right. The follower was never going to be able to make up the difference before I was fully over into the fast lane.

Instead of getting a honk or high beams flashed the driver proceeded stay inches from my rear bumper. Once we cleared the slower car the follower jumped in to the right lane and sped up to come along side of me. When he had the opportunity he came over and started door banging - to the horror of my wife.

I learned a lesson. If a guy is such a douche as to not want to let you in, be patient and let him pass. Why try and aggravate a fcktard. If he doesn't have the sense to share the road then he might not have any sense at all.
That would be a good time to whip out the phone and show the guy you're dialing 911.
Sad that such people exist. And that societal norms forbid tarring and feathering them....
daiheadjai is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to daiheadjai For This Useful Post:
D.Scrye (03-01-2015)
Old 02-26-2015, 07:25 PM   #62
Hoosier Daddy

Drives: '13 Denali, '15 Volt, soon a BRZ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by daiheadjai View Post
Conclusion of this very scientific experiment: People = assholes.

That would be a good time to whip out the phone and show the guy you're dialing 911.
Sad that such people exist. And that societal norms forbid tarring and feathering them....
It happened in West Virginia State Police jurisdiction... And the driver had Ohio plates... Those facts explain why nothing was done about it and why it happened in the first place.
Hoosier Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 11:45 AM   #63
Special_K
Bannéd

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ
Thanked 2,077 Times in 911 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Maybe it's just the Californian in me, but I personally don't give a shit whether or not people use signals. They can even enter my lane 3 inches off my bumper, just as long as I don't have to slam on the brakes or divert my current trajectory then I am unconcerned... Personally I always signal, although from time to time I have been guilty of hitting the signal as I start to change lanes...

...So maybe according to you guys I am that guy
The fascinating thing about my signature is that by the time you realize that it is of no importance, it will also be too late to stop reading it. Good luck getting those five seconds of your life back.
Special_K is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Special_K For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (02-27-2015)
Old 02-27-2015, 12:16 PM   #64
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special_K View Post
Maybe it's just the Californian in me, but I personally don't give a shit whether or not people use signals. They can even enter my lane 3 inches off my bumper, just as long as I don't have to slam on the brakes or divert my current trajectory then I am unconcerned... Personally I always signal, although from time to time I have been guilty of hitting the signal as I start to change lanes...

...So maybe according to you guys I am that guy
Actually I bet every single person that has complained about something on this thread has done exactly the same thing at some point! I find it very hard to believe that everybody here always drives the speed limit, never cuts in front of somebody, uses their signal for every single lane change or any of the other things they complain about!
I have no doubt in my mind that I have certainly been "that guy" many times and probably never even realized it.
D.Scrye (03-01-2015), Special_K (02-27-2015)
Old 02-27-2015, 12:31 PM   #65
Special_K
Bannéd

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ
Thanked 2,077 Times in 911 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Actually I bet every single person that has complained about something on this thread has done exactly the same thing at some point! I find it very hard to believe that everybody here always drives the speed limit, never cuts in front of somebody, uses their signal for every single lane change or any of the other things they complain about!
I have no doubt in my mind that I have certainly been "that guy" many times and probably never even realized it.
You can be pretty sagacious when you aren't ****ing around Tcoat. Respect
The fascinating thing about my signature is that by the time you realize that it is of no importance, it will also be too late to stop reading it. Good luck getting those five seconds of your life back.
Special_K is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Special_K For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (02-27-2015)
Old 02-28-2015, 05:40 PM   #66
daiheadjai

Drives: 2003 S2000, 2008 Fit
Thanked 1,154 Times in 688 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Haha I'm sure everybody slips up with the turn signals... But it happens in Toronto so much that I'm sure it's a habit for some... And if anything, I suspect most people here are driving at least 10 above
daiheadjai is offline   Reply With Quote