follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 07-09-2014, 08:32 PM   #589
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Drives: Edelbrock Equipped - Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,682 Times in 581 Posts
Mentioned: 403 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Just an update out to everyone we have been working on revisions on the following tunes.

Stage 1 & 2 NA Tunes (version 5.25). We are now on 5.25 which has a little improvement on the top end between 4500-6500 RPM. Peak horsepower is still about the same but there is more grunt in this area.

Innovate Supercharger Tunes: We are currently testing out the 69mm pulley and beyond and setting our tunes up to handle these smaller and smaller pulleys for 91 and FlexFuel. So be on the lookout, currently we are on a beta version of 8.65. There is about a 5-7 horsepower gain on the 69mm pulley so far. I know we are all looking to have a repeatable 300whp so that is what I am working on with you guys.

Flash & GO Tunes (all forced induction applications): I have a customer in house of the next two days so we can refine drivability and idle under cold and super hot conditions, with and without A/C. So far the customer logged about 29mpg on his trip out here. Not to bad for a turbo kit on 91 octane. We are currently beta'ing version 12.78

Anyway just an update to let you know we are still moving forward and updating our tunes continuously to make them all feel like a stock vehicle.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
DeliciousTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
AZFA20 (07-10-2014), CK_Bladesmith (07-09-2014), Dezoris (07-10-2014)
Old 07-09-2014, 09:23 PM   #590
malave7567

Drives: (formerly) 2013 Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
@DeliciousTuning how do I request the latest revision of the stage 2 NA tune? I'm currently running 5.19
malave7567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:36 PM   #591
xjohnx
Grip>Slip

Drives: 13 SWP BRZ Ltd - Innovate Powered!
Thanked 1,716 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousTuning View Post
Innovate Supercharger Tunes: We are currently testing out the 69mm pulley and beyond and setting our tunes up to handle these smaller and smaller pulleys for 91 and FlexFuel. So be on the lookout, currently we are on a beta version of 8.65. There is about a 5-7 horsepower gain on the 69mm pulley so far. I know we are all looking to have a repeatable 300whp so that is what I am working on with you guys.
If you've got an extra 69mm on the shelf and can ship it overnight, i can get you dynos Friday afternoon Let me know how much I'd owe you if that's possible.

Also pinging @sales@delicioustuning.com as well just in case he handles that.
xjohnx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 09:47 AM   #592
TT51

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Track Car
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Bill/Zach,

Leaving for Willow Springs tomorrow and still haven't gotten a response from the eMail I sent on June 13th. Sure would be nice to have the latest and greatest to use against the SOCAL boys! Please let me know if you have had a chance to address the items mentioned in the eMail.

Thanks,

Hal Dunn
NASA TTD #51

The Corkscrew at Laguna Seca
TT51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:55 AM   #593
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT51 View Post
Bill/Zach,

Leaving for Willow Springs tomorrow and still haven't gotten a response from the eMail I sent on June 13th. Sure would be nice to have the latest and greatest to use against the SOCAL boys! Please let me know if you have had a chance to address the items mentioned in the eMail.

Thanks,

Hal Dunn
Hal,

Sorry about that, literally swamped right now. But sending you an update now. I will request that you send me a video of your fast lap as I would love to get that up on YouTube.

Thanks,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
Old 07-10-2014, 12:09 PM   #594
TrogDor the Burninator

Drives: 2013 Hot Lava FR-S 6 MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Zach/Bill -

I've read through all 27 pages of this thread, and have noted the names of the vendors you feel provide "quality" headers.

So far, Borla has only been called out as not a "quality" header.

I have recently purchased the FT-86 SpeedFactory Catted UEL header. I am assuming that you have not had any experience with this header as of yet, but I am wondering what your thoughts are of the header based on available dynos in the wild. It seems to deliver quality results under the curve, especially in the torque dip area, as well as top end improvement.

I know you won't declare it a "quality" header until you have a chance to tune with it on a dyno, but as it relates to your tune packages, would you suggest I go with the same tune that you would apply to a "quality" header setup?

I am willing to put my car up for a remote tune if you would like to have a guinea pig for the FT-86 SpeedFactory Catted UEL tune.

Thanks in advance -
2013 Scion FR-S Hot Lava 6MT Current Mods: KW V3 Coilovers - Raceseng CasCam Plates - Volk TE37SL Black Edition 18x9 +45 - Dunlop Direzza ZIIs 255/35 - Tomei Expreme Ti 60S - FT86 SpeedFactory UEL Catted Header
TrogDor the Burninator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TrogDor the Burninator For This Useful Post:
Sypher (07-10-2014)
Old 07-11-2014, 09:30 AM   #595
TT51

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Track Car
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Hal,

Sorry about that, literally swamped right now. But sending you an update now. I will request that you send me a video of your fast lap as I would love to get that up on YouTube.
Will definitely do that and thanks for taking the time to send the files. You are the best!

Cheers,

Hal
NASA TTD #51

The Corkscrew at Laguna Seca
TT51 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TT51 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2014, 10:31 AM   #596
xjohnx
Grip>Slip

dyno'ing in a few hours. I doubt the axleback will make much difference but i vaguely recall reading that @DeliciousTuning noticed slightly higher numbers on the stock axleback? is that correct? @sales@delicioustuning.com do you recall hearing anything about this?
Old 07-11-2014, 01:07 PM   #597
maxjedi
The Cloudmaker

Drives: GT86, G37S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Hi, I have a question.

I currently use a SpeedByDesign/Zage turbo kit with everything that was supplied with it: MAP sensor (unknown origin), basemap (by Visconti), and EBCS (labeled "Prodrive" on Visconti's website). I would like to try your "Flash and go" tune, will you be able to support my hardware or I need to replace MAP/EBCS first ? If so, please give me a link to buy supported EBCS (for a MAP sensor I can source an OMNI unit). I would like to have all hardware ready before I purchase the tune.

Max.

... my build thread: maxjedi's turbo "daily drifter" GT86 ...
maxjedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:59 PM   #598
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxjedi View Post
Hi, I have a question.

I currently use a SpeedByDesign/Zage turbo kit with everything that was supplied with it: MAP sensor (unknown origin), basemap (by Visconti), and EBCS (labeled "Prodrive" on Visconti's website). I would like to try your "Flash and go" tune, will you be able to support my hardware or I need to replace MAP/EBCS first ? If so, please give me a link to buy supported EBCS (for a MAP sensor I can source an OMNI unit). I would like to have all hardware ready before I purchase the tune.

Max.
Hey Max,

I can support the EBCS, but with the MAP being unknown, it is recommended that you use our Delicious 11psi sensor if staying under 11psi, or an OMNI 3 or 4 bar. If staying under 11psi, ours is a more reliable option as it is a OE Denso piece and we have seen Omni's read innacurately/fail over time. PM me for more specifics

Sincerely,

Delicious Tuning

Last edited by DeliciousTuning; 04-11-2019 at 05:32 PM.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:02 PM   #599
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjohnx View Post
dyno'ing in a few hours. I doubt the axleback will make much difference but i vaguely recall reading that @DeliciousTuning noticed slightly higher numbers on the stock axleback? is that correct? @sales@delicioustuning.com do you recall hearing anything about this?
It will really depend on the setup and the axleback you're comparing with. I'm not sure which, but I remember on one setup we switched from an aftermarket axleback back to stock and it did gain a bit of power. Most likely the piping was simply too large on the aftermarket unit. Some particular units on the market, namely the Invidia N1 and Q300, are actually 2.3", and may do nicely, though I personally have the Invidia N1 and can't stand the drone. Either way, the gains/losses are negligible, I would simply recommend choosing a catback based on your sound preference, and sticking with a good header if an increase in power via exhaust modification is what you desire.

Sincerely,

Delicious Tuning

Last edited by DeliciousTuning; 04-11-2019 at 05:33 PM.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:06 PM   #600
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrogDor the Burninator View Post
Zach/Bill -

I've read through all 27 pages of this thread, and have noted the names of the vendors you feel provide "quality" headers.

So far, Borla has only been called out as not a "quality" header.

I have recently purchased the FT-86 SpeedFactory Catted UEL header. I am assuming that you have not had any experience with this header as of yet, but I am wondering what your thoughts are of the header based on available dynos in the wild. It seems to deliver quality results under the curve, especially in the torque dip area, as well as top end improvement.

I know you won't declare it a "quality" header until you have a chance to tune with it on a dyno, but as it relates to your tune packages, would you suggest I go with the same tune that you would apply to a "quality" header setup?

I am willing to put my car up for a remote tune if you would like to have a guinea pig for the FT-86 SpeedFactory Catted UEL tune.

Thanks in advance -
Hey Jon,

First off responded to your pm

Second, we haven't quite had a chance to test this one yet, but the initial dyno results did indeed look promising if everything was tested as stated, especially considering the cat being retained. I would certainly be interested in trying to validate the numbers, as if they're true it would appear to be quite the well designed unit. I do imagine, however, that our tune would be a bit different considering the fact that it is a catted UEL unit, which I do not believe we have had the pleasure of dealing with as of yet for this car. I'm actually not sure if we've done a catted aftermarket header at all yet on this car, all that I recall have been catless. Either way, we'd like to see just as much as you what can be done with it

Sincerely,

Delicious Tuning

Last edited by DeliciousTuning; 04-11-2019 at 05:33 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
TrogDor the Burninator (07-12-2014)
Old 07-11-2014, 11:09 PM   #601
xjohnx
Grip>Slip

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIbYsN_rRsI"]Innovate Supercharged BRZ Dyno Run - YouTube[/ame]
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xjohnx For This Useful Post:
DeliciousTuning (07-12-2014), MINOCIN (07-12-2014), yomny (07-14-2014)
Old 07-11-2014, 11:28 PM   #602
protpibe

Drives: 4-Runner Sport - 13' BRZ SportTech
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
If I have the delicious 11psi Map Sensor and want to get a 15psi tune, which sensor should I get?