follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > FR-S / BRZ vs....

FR-S / BRZ vs.... Area to discuss the FR-S/BRZ against its competitors [NO STREET RACING]

User Tag List

Old 02-28-2023, 08:48 AM   #2577
Sealeyteamsix

Drives: Turbo K24 BRZ (in progress)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Had a video recently go pretty viral on social media reaching around 10 million views. It was me painting my wheels with dish soap. Had a kid with a STI "build" which consisted of basic coilovers, wheels, and that was basically it. He decided to call my build, "Mid" which couldn't be further from the truth. It is mainly a drift car. Boosted, welded diff, angle kit, dual caliper setup w/sikky hydraulic handbrake, gutted interior, lexan windows, and the list goes on and on. Currently undergoing a K swap. I asked him which type of coils he had to which he replied, "BC's bro." I said, "Well I hope you got the swift spring upgrade with them?" He's like, "I told you they are BC's" Which instantly let me know he didn't even know what tf swift springs were. I explained to him that he can't call my build mid when I literally have better versions of parts that he has. Continues to talk all this shit on how slow my car was blah blah blah. He didn't live far fom me so I challenged him to a run. I said, "I can already see the title of the video now *Shit talking STI owner gets WALKED by a SLOW BRZ*" But he didn't want to run. Had every excuse in the book on why he couldn't run me when at the end of the day, he just didn't want to get beat by a brz. Something about losing to a BRZ hurts so many feelings and thats my favorite part about owning a boosted one. The amount of feelings this boosted k24 is going to hurt is going to be even better.
Sealeyteamsix is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sealeyteamsix For This Useful Post:
StraightOuttaCanadaEh (02-28-2023)
Old 02-28-2023, 09:34 AM   #2578
RToyo86

Drives: 17 Asphalt 86
Thanked 2,155 Times in 1,109 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I had a fun run in with a STi on my commute home from work. Saw headlights appear rapidly from behind after exiting the highway. Had my skinny little winters screaming as I got the tail out on a roundabout and he was on my ass with loads more grip. Accelerated up around the speed limit and moved over expecting him to blow by but he seemed more amused and sort of just cruised around me after that
RToyo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RToyo86 For This Useful Post:
Pedro13 (02-28-2023)